Hacking [Help] Black screen when choosing boot cfw (cake cfw) after update

OrochISeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So my N3ds working fine using cake cfw and after im not using it for a few month i just boot it up a while ago and everything seem to work fine, i can get into boot cfw and play game normally until i want to play online and system said i have to update (on Emunand) and so i did and now i cant seem to get it to work again, my 3ds just stuck on black screen after choosing boot cfw. First of all my fr set it up for me so im not really good with this stuff so please have patience with me if i seem stupid at time. Second my version is on 9.2(original version not Cfw) after downgrade.
My homebrew launcher is 1.1.0
CakeFW version 138
NATIVE_FIRM version: 10.2.0
also after i launch cake from homebrew launcher i notice that on lower screen its said that:
Mounted Sd card
Loaded config file
Loading NATIVE_FIRM
Loaded FIRM
Loaded FIRM key
Decrypting FIRM
Decrypting the NCCH
Decrypting the exefs
Decrypting ARM9 FIRM binary
Loading AGB_FIRM
Failed to load FIRM
Loading cakes
Loaded selected cakes
So maybe my problem is i have to fix the "Failed to load FIRM"?? Also should i still continue using cakes or switch to something else( other homebrew that more convenience)? Thank you for taking your time to help this poor soul.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CakesFW has not been updated to support 11.3 (to my knowledge) and that's why you get a black screen when you launch your CFW. Most if not everyone will link you to this guide to set up custom firmware: http://3ds.guide.

OrochISeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just finish it and now its work fine, ty for the help. One last question, if i decide to use new sd card or upgrade my sd card i just need to copy everything to new card right??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-