Hardware [help] battery dying in gateway mode question

Ace001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Keep reading online that 3ds's dying in gateway (emunand) causes brick..would it still happen even if the nands are seperated?

*Using gateways latest firmware update

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Keep reading online that 3ds's dying in gateway (emunand) causes brick..would it still happen even if the nands are seperated?

*Using gateways latest firmware update

What?
I had let my battery die, made the 3DS freeze by cleverly taking the SD card while in emunand, been playing with and without the GW card in (CIA), playing with and without power connected.
No brick ever.

Reactions: Ace001

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is pure bad luck..But it's still worth some effort to keep your battery healthy.

Ace001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really???? Must've read some wrong info then....thank you so much! I was extremely worried till I read your reply. I cant get to a charger at the moment :unsure:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So why not turn it off cleanly, which is also way better for the battery itself unless this happens rarely?

It's true that you can brick many flash chips with integrated controller by removing power at the wrong time (mainly during a TRIM), but if it actually happens run to buy a lottery ticket!

Reactions: Ace001

ddrguitarpunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this actually happened to me last night. running latest gw ultra and battery died. now after charging, my power light comes on and no screen. hard reset it 5 times. console is usa 3dsxl with 4.5 ofw. is it time for me to look for an unbricking solution?

Ace001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried taking out the sd card and blowing the slot? It happens to me but with a bit of air in the sd card slot it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums