Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
S O L V E D ! ! !

In my case I had an EFI System Partition hidden on my HDD that was being read by the PS4, and AppToUSB instead of my Main Partition, so Deleting this EFI Partition on my HDD (Unallocating It) fixed the issue I was having, and allowed me to save the Game to my HDD without any Corruption Errors

I'd highly suggest going through the comments below if you're having a similar issue as the fix I ran into might not work for you, but there's other possible fixes below.

Thank-you to Everyone Who Helped, I Very Much Appreciate your Consideration

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I recently just started using App2USB, I originally held off for awhile because I didn't want to damage any of my existing games already installed to my Internal HDD.

However, I figured I'd give it a try with God of War as I already had the (Working) PKG on my External HDD back when I installed it a couple days ago, and I was planning on getting another game installed to my PS4 soon, although my storage was too bare for it. I made sure to place the PKG in "E:\PS4\CUSA07412\App.pkg" I wasn't sure what to call the PKG just named it "app.pkg" to be safe, and I placed the AppToUSB.ini file on the root of the HDD.

After that I plugged in my HDD, and started the latest version of App2USB, everything seemed fine as it detected the PKG file, and went through the process of attributing the App DB to the HDD PKG copy, but when it completed I tried running the game to see if it was working, but it said it was corrupted, and needed to be reinstalled... IDK whats wrong is it God of War, or a Bug, or am I doing something wrong? I'm able to reinstall the game from the PKG on the HDD, and it'll work just fine, but it just won't work with App2USB?

AppToUSB.ini Contents
Code:
To skip copying pkg files to this hdd uncomment the line below.
be aware when using this if your usb mount points switch it will break the links and the games will not load until you plug the drives back in the correct order.
//SKIP_DRIVE

When using skip drive and mulitple drives at the same time you need to specify the intended mount point of the usb hdd.
your first drive should be 0 and second drive should be 1 ending at a maximum of 7.
this will prevent the payload writing usb0 links to the usb1 drive if the mount points switch on the console.
MOUNT_POINT=1

To check the usb root for the pkg file to save time copying from the internal ps4 drive then uncomment the line below.
but remember this will move the pkg from the root directory to the PS4 folder.
CHECK_USB

To rename previously linked pkg files to the new format uncomment the line below.
//RENAME_APP

To disable the processing of icons/art and sound uncomment the line below.
//DISABLE_META

To leave game updates on the internal drive uncomment the line below.
//IGNORE_UPDATES

To move DLC to the usb hdd uncomment the line below.
MOVE_DLC

To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
MODE_MOVE

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSA07412

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When using AppToUsb you do not put any .pkg inside any folders on the USB yourself.
AppToUsb does that itself when it is moving the game to USB.

The only time you ever put a .pkg file on the USB drive yourself is if you are installing it to the PS4 first, and then it MUST be on the root of the USB drive only.

Another thing to mention is that the .ini file must be inside the PS4 folder on the USB. It will just be ignored if it is on the root of the USB drive.

You need to delete the CUSA07412 folder from the USB and move the .ini file inside the PS4 folder and try again.
When you next run AppToUSB it will read the ini file from the PS4 folder on the USB and that will tell it to move CUSA07412 to the USB drive.

Good Luck, Let us know how you get on with it.:)

Last edited by Leeful,
Reactions: Proto-Propski

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
MOUNT_POINT=1
should be
MOUNT_POINT=0

Unless you are using multiple external hard drives.

Make sure the hdd is the first drive plugged in so it is always on usb0.

Also make sure you dont have hidden partitions on the drive.

You could test the hidden partition by enabling SKIP_DRIVE and leave MOUNT_POINT=1.

That should make it skip the first partition mounted.

Last edited by stooged,

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MOUNT_POINT=1
should be
MOUNT_POINT=0

Unless you are using multiple external hard drives.

Make sure the hdd is the first drive plugged in so it is always on usb0.

Also make sure you dont have hidden partitions on the drive.

You could test the hidden partition by enabling SKIP_DRIVE and leave MOUNT_POINT=1.

That should make it skip the first partition mounted.

Aight, so I changed the PKG name back to EP9000-CUSA07412_00-00000000GODOFWAR-A0100-V0100.pkg, and gave mounting it as "MOUNT_POINT=0" a try. However it complained about something to the effect of it being read as USB1 not the expected USB0 which I assume is related to the mount points, so I activated the "SKIP_DRIVE" option in config assuming it could be due to a hidden partition as you said. However it still showed the same "Cannot Start Application, Corrupted Data" error message after going through the AppToUSB process again.

if it helps any in figuring this out, while it's saying it found the PKG file (which I've moved to the "ROOT" of the USB HDD), and it shows the process of "copying it". whenever I load the drive up (Whether MOUNT_POINT=0/1 w/ SKIP_DRIVE/NOT) the PKG isn't moved what so ever from the ROOT directory, and no new folders have been made in the PS4 folder (I should note if it ever would come up the drive is ExFAT) so IDK maybe it's not liking my HDD? it's a WDBPCK5000ABK-01 500GB WD External HDD not sure if AppToUSB has a list of supported/unsupported drives, figured I'd lay that out there though...

I'm gonna comment out the "CHECK_USB" option though, and see if for whatever reason @Leefuls' suggestion works, it might take all night, it's a big game, but it'll be worth it as long as it works... here's to hope *crosses fingers*

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Proto-Propski If I were you I would start again from scratch and I would do the following:

1. Delete God Of War form your PS4
2. On the USB Drive, rename the pkg to GodOfWar.pkg and make sure it is on the ROOT of the USB drive. (renaming it should not matter, but do it anyway)
3. Delete evererything inside the PS4 folder on the USB drive except for the AppToUsb.ini. Make sure that the AppToUsb.ini is the only thing inside the PS4 folder.
4. Make sure ALL that the settings inside the AppToUsb.ini are as follows:
be aware when using this if your usb mount points switch it will break the links and the games will not load until you plug the drives back in the correct order.
//SKIP_DRIVE

When using skip drive and mulitple drives at the same time you need to specify the intended mount point of the usb hdd.
your first drive should be 0 and second drive should be 1 ending at a maximum of 7.
this will prevent the payload writing usb0 links to the usb1 drive if the mount points switch on the console.
MOUNT_POINT=0

To check the usb root for the pkg file to save time copying from the internal ps4 drive then uncomment the line below.
CHECK_USB

To rename previously linked pkg files to the new format uncomment the line below.
//RENAME_APP

//DISABLE_META

//IGNORE_UPDATES

MOVE_DLC

To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
MODE_MOVE

CUSA07412
5. Plug the USB drive in to your PS4 and install the GodOfWar.pkg through Debug settings and test the game.
6. If the game works OK, close it and start AppToUsb.
7. AppToUsb should start and it should not take very long because it is not copying the app.pkg from the PS4, It is just moving it from the ROOT of the USB drive to the PS4/CUSA07412 folder and renaming it app.pkg.
8. Check if the game still works. It should now be loading it from the USB instead of the PS4.

If all went well, if you look on your USB drive you should notice that the GodOfWar.pkg has gone from the root of the drive and inside the PS4 folder there is now a CUSA07412 folder with an app.pkg file inside (this is the God Of War game .pkg)

Last edited by Leeful,

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Proto-Propski If I were you I would start again from scratch and I would do the following:

1. Delete God Of War form your PS4
2. On the USB Drive, rename the pkg to GodOfWar.pkg and make sure it is on the ROOT of the USB drive. (renaming it should not matter, but do it anyway)
3. Delete evererything inside the PS4 folder on the USB drive except for the AppToUsb.ini. Make sure that the AppToUsb.ini is the only thing inside the PS4 folder.
4. Make sure ALL that the settings inside the AppToUsb.ini are as follows:
//SKIP_DRIVE

MOUNT_POINT=0

CHECK_USB

//RENAME_APP

//DISABLE_META

//IGNORE_UPDATES

MOVE_DLC

MODE_MOVE

CUSA07412
5. Plug the USB drive in to your PS4 and install the GodOfWar.pkg through Debug settings and test the game.
6. If the game works OK, close it and start AppToUsb.
7. AppToUsb should start and it should not take very long because it is not copying the app.pkg from the PS4, It is just moving it from the ROOT of the USB drive to the PS4/CUSA07412 folder and renaming it app.pkg.
8. Check if the game still works. It should now be loading it from the USB instead of the PS4.

If all went well, if you look on your USB drive you should notice that the GodOfWar.pkg has gone from the root of the drive and inside the PS4 folder there is now a CUSA07412 folder with an app.pkg file inside (this is the God Of War game .pkg)

Alright, so I followed your steps to a T, but turns out none of it was the issue..

I noticed another more subtle error however while starting AppToUSB, it reads as follows

Code:
Found pkg at
/mnt/usb0/PS4/CUSA07412/GodOfWar.pkg
Overwriting as pkg files are mismatched

which I thought was odd as I checked the PS4 folder before, and after this, and the folder was empty save for the AppToUSB.ini file, so I suspected it was the Hidden Partition @stooged suggested earlier, and sure enough when I ran my HDD through DiskPart I found a 200mb EFI System Partition likely from the factory, or something, with some fiddling with the Partition ID I managed to release the protection on it, and delete it, then I restarted the process of installing God of War, and starting AppToUSB, and without fail it linked the package in almost seconds.

I checked to see if it loaded up, and it worked just fine, and removed the HDD to see if it listed itself as corrupt without the pkg, and it did, so I found the issue.

_C A S E__C L O S E D_

Thank-you everyone who helped, and especially Stooged for originally pointing out the possibility of a Hidden Partition that lead me to suspect it was the issue.

Reactions: stooged and Leeful

Gingerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I followed your steps to a T, but turns out none of it was the issue..

I noticed another more subtle error however while starting AppToUSB, it reads as follows

Code:
Found pkg at
/mnt/usb0/PS4/CUSA07412/GodOfWar.pkg
Overwriting as pkg files are mismatched

which I thought was odd as I checked the PS4 folder before, and after this, and the folder was empty save for the AppToUSB.ini file, so I suspected it was the Hidden Partition @stooged suggested earlier, and sure enough when I ran my HDD through DiskPart I found a 200mb EFI System Partition likely from the factory, or something, with some fiddling with the Partition ID I managed to release the protection on it, and delete it, then I restarted the process of installing God of War, and starting AppToUSB, and without fail it linked the package in almost seconds.

I checked to see if it loaded up, and it worked just fine, and removed the HDD to see if it listed itself as corrupt without the pkg, and it did, so I found the issue.

_C A S E__C L O S E D_

Thank-you everyone who helped, and especially Stooged for originally pointing out the possibility of a Hidden Partition that lead me to suspect it was the issue.
I've been trying to do the same, but cannot seem to delete that hidden partition... HELP!

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been trying to do the same, but cannot seem to delete that hidden partition... HELP!

Well it's been about 2 Years, and while this website has rules against necroing old threads. I really can't resist helping someone in need, and giving more public documentation on solutions rather then just problems, as long as I know I can. Just please try not to necro in the future, and PM the OP instead.

Seeing as the EFI System Partition is protected that means you have to get your hands a bit dirty, and open CMD Prompt with Administrative Permission. the last bit is important, it needs to have Admin Access.

Now, if you want some help on deleting the partition then follow these commands carefully, and do keep in mind, you're putting yourself at risk here if you aren't careful, and DO NOT delete the EFI Partition of a Drive with a Windows OS on it, just the External HDD, so Triple Check everything before doing it.

[COMMANDS]

1) diskpart
> This Will Open Up the Disk Partition Manager in the CMD Line.

2) list disk
> This will list currently available Disk Drives (HDD), including your OS Drive, so double check the Size, and Free Space to be absolutely sure you're choosing the correct Disk Drive Number for CMD 3.​

3) select disk DISK_NUMBER
> Input the Disk Number of your HDD you found in Command 2, and replace the entire light blue text DISK_NUMBER.

4) list partition
> Same as CMD 2 except now with partitions, you want to double check with "DIsk Management" for the size of your HDD EFI Partition which can often vary, but is usually no more then 500 MBs, this is to be sure you're choosing the correct Partition Number for CMD 5.

5) select partition PARTITION_NUMBER
> Same as CMD 3, just input the Partition Number you got from CMD 4 replacing the light blue PARTITION_NUMBER text entirely.

6) delete partition override
> Finally this overrides the Delete Protection, and deletes the system partition.
Alright, so once it gives you a Success Message saying "DiskPart Successfully deleted the Selected Partition" then you should be good to go, the partition will still exist, but it'll be unallocated, so it won't be recognized by AppToUSB anymore, and there you have it.

Reactions: xfighter11

maoex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I copied almost ALL 80 games to an external hard drive.

Great idea but in reality when every second jailbreak like Freeze my PS4 would crash or shut down when I tried to go to sleep mode.

No wonder, then, that many games are lost, deleted.

DB Tools Avalonia and other scripts could not fix and help because these tools and scripts cannot deal with external problems. So all 80 games are external-

This is useless.

ApptoUsb might be ok for backup games, on the other hand I already have all the games as a pkg file.

I had a hard crash, DB rebuilds, so all 80 games arent acceissble anymore. if lucky they are still in external HDD under root /PS4 CUSAxxxxx and click the pkg file to reinstall/overinstall the games.
i think i give it up with external, the newer payload pkgtousb backup payloads seems like the same as app2usb

Anyone with a solution for this on external drives.
Maybe another script exist for exernal?

Thanks for reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok