Hacking Hello my switch is on 4.1.0

natron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my question is what's the best way to upgrade to cfw or steps heard about burning fuses so dont want to do that I'm getting my jig in the mail today also does atmosphere dump games in ns format since I'm not paying for sx OS thanks community

natron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses y'all ok one last question since I'm on 4.1 should i go to 6.2 or 7.0 for best cfw and what are sigpatches

Last edited by natron,

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
First, make a NAND backup of your FW 4.1.0 for 2 reasons:
- In case anything bad happens
- There is a private kernel flaw on 4.1.0: if it is publicaly released and when CFW will support EmuNAND, it will allow to start CFW with any level from a 4.1.0 OFW

While we wait for second point release, most people update to 6.2/7.0.1 using ChoidujourNX (with AutoRCM feature to avoid eFuse burn). If you use Atmosphere 0.8.4, you can go directly up to FW 7.0.1 (the only drawback is that some NSP installers don't work).

Last edited by OperationNT,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
7.0 is supported by Atmosphere (and KOSMOS) so why not using it? If you want to preserve fuses, then you use AutoRCM. Preserving fuses is done in the hope that a coldboot exploit will be released in the near or far future for lower firmwares. It might happen, and it might not. Lots of people don't care about fuses burning, and they're not any worse than those that preserve them. So, your choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof