HDMI to USB

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine has a wall mounted TV with a terrible design. The HDMI ports are on the back of the TV, meaning since it's wall mounted they aren't easily accessible. However there is a USB port on the side. So I'm hoping to be able to connect an HDMI cable to the USB port. Is there a converter that works for TV's that would allow me to use the USB port for the HDMI cable. Thanks.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... just get some 1 foot HDMI extender cables, and that will do. The USB port on a TV is for playing .MP4 videos from cameras, and updating the TV's firmware.

I'm not sure if you're quite understanding what I'm saying. The length of the HDMI cable is sufficient. The problem is accessing the HDMI port, as they're rather high on the TV. And due to the TV being wall mounted it's not accessible very easily. All TV's really should have at least one HDMI port on the side, due to wall mounting.

Fistofmana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you probably need is an L shape hdmi connector.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure if you're quite understanding what I'm saying. The length of the HDMI cable is sufficient. The problem is accessing the HDMI port, as they're rather high on the TV. And due to the TV being wall mounted it's not accessible very easily. All TV's really should have at least one HDMI port on the side, due to wall mounting.
I think the idea is you'd use an extension cable and tape one end to the side of the TV so you can access it easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.