HDD Upgrade but Rebug question

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you in advance for any and all help provided.

I am in the process of upgrading my HDD to an SSD(1tb) in my fatPS. Currently, I am running Rebug 4.86 without any issues, and I primarily use it for local play. However, I am unable to locate the rebug 4.86 update file that I previously installed. Nevertheless, I managed to find a 4.86-lite file online, but I'm unsure if it is the same as the non-lite version or if there even was a non-lite version. Losing data on the current HDD is not a concern for me since I don't have anything significant saved. I simply wanted to avoid going through the jailbreak process again.

I apologize if my explanation is unclear.
Post automatically merged:

Quick update I was able to find what I thought was the rebug file but turns out I didn't need it. jb stays in the system itself, just needed to reformat the new drive once it was installed.

Last edited by vicicarus,

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an update pup is decrypted, so you won't find the actual file on the system. depending on the model, as much as 90% of the firmware is put on the hdd (i.e. all of dev_blind or dev_flash1 basically). the core os is stored on the chips for all models, so you can't spoof the system by switching hdds. you probably have a NAND model if all you had to do was format the drive; otherwise, you would've had to reinstall the firmware, which wouldn't require a rejailbreak unless you used an ofw pup.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...