Hardware HDD questions

Skeagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently hacked vWii to record some wii gameplay. I tried using my wii hdd (which was working on my wii and pc) with usbloadergx, and it wasn't detected by vWii. I've seen a few threads about this and most users said that you need a Y-cable, could this be the case?

Also, I plan to buy another hdd for when I hack my Wii U, because I can't use both hdd's (which really sucks). So what is a good hdd to recommend? I was thinking either this or this, but I would be happy to know if there are others.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The y cable fix will most likely work. It's cheap so you should try it.

As for which of the exhdds are best, I can't help you there. Other than to say it probably doesn't matter too much which you pick.

Edit: Another idea is to use an sd card for vwii, and an exhdd for wiiu games.

Reactions: Skeagle

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, but theoretically couldn't you just buy one Y-cable, and then use it for both hdd's? you wouldn't be using both hdd's at the same time.
True - however since they are relatively inexpensive you might buy 2 to save you the extra 1 second of plugging in and out. Depends on how lazy you are and how much disposable income you have.

Reactions: Skeagle

Skeagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True - however since they are relatively inexpensive you might buy 2 to save you the extra 1 second of plugging in and out. Depends on how lazy you are and how much disposable income you have.
I'm not that lazy lol. I don't mind spending one more second switching the cable to the other hdd.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already had a drive with an external power supply I used with ps360 and wii, I just plugged it into wii U and it worked fine. Y cables should work too, but external is just less hassle (for me).

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm not that lazy lol. I don't mind spending one more second switching the cable to the other hdd.
Better to have two y cables and both hard drives plugged in all the time. Otherwise, the Wii U does't save any changes you have made on the homescreen if the hard drive is unplugged. For example, if you download 100 games, and take the time to organize them on the homescrren, by folder, etc, then you unplug the hard drive, you will lose all your organization configurations. Leave the hard drive plugged in at all time, and you never have to worry about this issue, unless there is a prolonged power failure of some sort. Just get the extra why cable, and do the hack job correctly.

Skeagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better to have two y cables and both hard drives plugged in all the time. Otherwise, the Wii U does't save any changes you have made on the homescreen if the hard drive is unplugged. For example, if you download 100 games, and take the time to organize them on the homescrren, by folder, etc, then you unplug the hard drive, you will lose all your organization configurations. Leave the hard drive plugged in at all time, and you never have to worry about this issue, unless there is a prolonged power failure of some sort. Just get the extra why cable, and do the hack job correctly.
I'll think about it. I guess it wouldn't hurt, so i guess your point (and probably others) are well said.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is what I thought, online is a feature that I want. In this case I would buy 2 hdd's.
You have a couple of other options:
- Load Wii and GC games from SD and use the USB for Wii U only
- Use WiiVC to load Wii games from the same drive as Wii U games. GC games will be loaded from SD this way but you can use WiiVC forwarders to launch them from the Wii U menu with gamepad support.

Skeagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a couple of other options:
- Load Wii and GC games from SD and use the USB for Wii U only
- Use WiiVC to load Wii games from the same drive as Wii U games. GC games will be loaded from SD this way but you can use WiiVC forwarders to launch them from the Wii U menu with gamepad support.

Ah, either of those could work, thanks. I prefer the second method because it sounds like it saves some space on my sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.