Hacking HBC and Wiiflow help

jory4u2nv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi GBAtemp,

I just bought a Wii yesterday and I'm new to the softmodding scene. My Wii was already soft modified when I bought it and it came pre installed with Wiiflow. I've been reading the forums before I bought my console because I wanted to learn the process of installing USB loaders, emulators, GC backup loader and stuff. From what I understood, you need to have the homebrew channel installed on your Wii before installing Wiiflow or any other USB loaders, but, on my Wii menu, the HBC does not show up. Can anybody please shed some light on this? Does this mean that I need to install the HBC manually so that I can install other USB loaders/GC backup loader/emulators on my Wii?

Thanks in advance!

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if you are on 4.2 or earlier use bannerbomb to install hbc ...

if you are on 4.3 use smashstack or indiana pwns.

matter of fact i would follow the stickied guide by xzero to "remod" your wii.. just to be sure everything was done properly before you bought it.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
yes you can install other gc/wii backup launchers. if the wii doesn't have the hbc installed, you cn youse the indianapwns or smashstack(ntsc) or giantpunes discovery of the combo of mkwii and indiana pwns trick.

exampke backup launchesL:wiiflow:usb gx: neogamma:softchip ect

jory4u2nv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for all the replies guys. installing the HBC requires an SD card right? do I have to format the card or is it ok if my card has a lot of files in it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone