HaxxStation: DS Download Station exploit

13 years.

The original DS was released in 2004, and to this day, no hax for Download Play had been made.

Until now.

Gericom found an exploit in DS Download Station, allowing us to run any homebrew we'd like over DS download play.

Source code for dspatch: https://github.com/Gericom/dspatch

Enjoy!

Credits:
Exploit: shutterbug2000, Gericom, and Apache Thunder
Graphics: Jaames, Robz8

And if you want to load unsupported flashcarts on a DSi:

Yes.
Here's Apache Thunder's flashcard launchers edited for HaxxStation. @shutterbug2000 should put this in the first post.
https://www.odrive.com/s/23b9f39c-ae15-4c1b-8ff7-64344fa6f2d2-5939fc7f

Attachments

• dspatch.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,287
  • dspatchv1.1.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,729
Last edited by shutterbug2000,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm using twloader to load haxxstation. My dsi has been trying to download the title for like 30 minutes. Is there a fix for this?

You need to make sure you don't have TWLoader setup to boot it in TWL mode. Enabling TWL clock speeds may also breakd DS Download Station's wifi.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder this probably isn't the place to point this out but in the NesDS emulator, the PPU emulation is absolutely horrible. Either that or the LCD displays on all of my DS's are fucked up badly...

What do you mean? I did notice some flicker with certain stuff like the stage graphic on the Mario 3 title screen. But it doesn't look that bad really and didn't notice any issues once I played that game past the title screen....

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? I did notice some flicker with certain stuff like the stage graphic on the Mario 3 title screen. But it doesn't look that bad really and didn't notice any issues once I played that game past the title screen....
The screen flicker is absolutely horrible while playing Super Mario Bros. and Goombas don't render correctly. The eyes get cut off by 2 pixels.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's why I said any homebrew, not licensed.
What Homebrew ROM do you want me to use? Idk of any atm

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The screen flicker is absolutely horrible while playing Super Mario Bros. and Goombas don't render correctly. The eyes get cut off by 2 pixels.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What Homebrew ROM do you want me to use? Idk of any atm

I'm not seeing those graphics problems. Could be an issue with your compile environment somehow messing it up? You could also adjust the scaling settings. Though since the UI is disabled in the Singles version of NesDS you will have to adjust the defaults for that in the source code.

Test the original build of 7GrandDadY. If it's not exhibiting the problems your new build has, then there's a problem with how you compiled it somehow...

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing those graphics problems. Could be an issue with your compile environment somehow messing it up? You could also adjust the scaling settings. Though since the UI is disabled in the Singles version of NesDS you will have to adjust the defaults for that in the source code.

Test the original build of 7GrandDadY. If it's not exhibiting the problems your new build has, then there's a problem with how you compiled it somehow...
Where can I find the build of 7GrandDadY? Also, I think it could perhaps be the ROM.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but could the ( DS lite browser / memory expansion kit -gba front loading be useful here? Another words could it be accessed by the download play function with some additional code? ???
I don't see why it couldn't be. The DS Browser dones't run in any special "mode" or anything (like DSiWare) so the RAM expansion pack should be able to be utilized by other NDS software.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, but the configuration would have to be embedded into the NDS file. It also would not work on any DSi or 3DS systems.
it would work on the dsi and 3ds the reason why it does not work with a dsi or a 3ds with a flash card is that it turns the slot off when you remove the card since you could boot this with a game already in it would work as the flash card launchers work.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tozevleal I can't get HaxxStation to work with TWLoader at all. I get a white screen that hangs for about 15 seconds, and then a black screen? Could you help me out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...