Hacking Having some trouble with my dstwo+

robbo88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So im having a few issues here i've put the dstwo and dstwoplugin folder (from the gw simulator folder) onto the microsd card and the launcher onto the sd card in my 3ds. However after i install the gw simulator, which goes perfectly fine, thats as far as i can get the browser way freezes my 3ds and the profile wasy forces my 3ds to restart. Both memeory cards are formatted to fat32 aswell and im on firmware 5.1.0-4e if that matters and its a old 3ds.

Can anyone help me sort this out pelase just i dont really fancy paying the £40 i paid for it to go to waste as the company is being awkward about a return. I've asked on reddit and was basically told by the only responder that he had never heard of a dstwo+ and to install cfw but i dont have any idea on how to go about installing that or anything. Is it as easy as copying some files onto the memory card for the dstwo+?

invertfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, the ds two + uses the gateway firmware and I think they implemented a way to stop other carts from using it. If it didn't match the hardware it was looking for, it wouldn't work, but I read that a year or two ago. Not sure if supercard came out with a fix for it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So im having a few issues here i've put the dstwo and dstwoplugin folder (from the gw simulator folder) onto the microsd card and the launcher onto the sd card in my 3ds. However after i install the gw simulator, which goes perfectly fine, thats as far as i can get the browser way freezes my 3ds and the profile wasy forces my 3ds to restart. Both memeory cards are formatted to fat32 aswell and im on firmware 5.1.0-4e if that matters and its a old 3ds.

Can anyone help me sort this out pelase just i dont really fancy paying the £40 i paid for it to go to waste as the company is being awkward about a return. I've asked on reddit and was basically told by the only responder that he had never heard of a dstwo+ and to install cfw but i dont have any idea on how to go about installing that or anything. Is it as easy as copying some files onto the memory card for the dstwo+?
To install a CFW, follow https://3ds.guide. It isn't recommended to use the DSTwo + for 3DS games as it is using Gateway's files. Gateway announced soon after the DSTwo + was released that consoles running their files with the DSTwo + will get bricked. You can still use it for DS games though. Install CFW, play 3DS games that way, and keep the DSTwo for DS games.

Reactions: robbo88

robbo88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cheers mate it says I need another console with cfw which I don't have so would the all versions method work on my console?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
cheers mate it says I need another console with cfw which I don't have so would the all versions method work on my console?
Yes, if you get a R4i Gold with the r4ids.cn website written on it that will be compatible for a single system. Read https://3ds.guide/ntrboot before buying anything though.

robbo88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the replies and help looks like I've wasted my money on this card and can't afford to buy another one yet and I'll have to find a reputable site in the uk.

I know it's ironic but selling things like dstwo+ when it clearly doesn't work anymore shouldn't be allowed

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for all the replies and help looks like I've wasted my money on this card and can't afford to buy another one yet and I'll have to find a reputable site in the uk.

I know it's ironic but selling things like dstwo+ when it clearly doesn't work anymore shouldn't be allowed
You can still use it for DS games. Using it for the Gateway mode isn't recommended anyway even if you had the right firmware for it - the Gateway team said they would brick people using clone cards. You would have had to deliberately use an old launcher.dat (from before the Gateway team knew about the DSTwo + so it doesn't have bricking code in it) and that would mean using a low firmware emuNAND and missing out on new games that require higher firmware.
If you didn't buy it too long ago see if you can return it for a refund or exchange.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, MP3s were designed to be as small as possible, so that they can be shared on...