Have the Memory Stick Adapters improved in durability, like the SD2Vita adapters?

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure which ones you got, but my photofast adapter works since 2010. You sure they keep breaking and not that your slot could be faulty?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had two different versions of them break as well (one of which was the Photofast Dual mSD Adapter). Strongly considering just getting a Vita at this point to play PSP games on and not having to deal with it anymore.

I wasn't able to find an adapter that looks well-built in my searches, and the prices of Memory Stick Pro Duo of decent capacity is pretty insane.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The ones I use are cheapest (MS Pro Duo), made in China, the most common in Europe. I have three, one 8 years old, that read microSD up to 64 GB. Never had any problems.
You say yours keep breaking. How come? It seems absurd to me. Maybe you treat them with the delicacy of an elephant in a glassware shop...:rofl2:

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you're swapping out SD cards frequently, you shouldn't need to worry about durability. There's no reason to take it out of the system otherwise.

My Photofast adapter (which is probably a knock off) still works fine after 11 years. It has a crack in the top, and fell apart once a few years ago when I did need to re-seat the SD cards, but it still works once clicked into the PSP.

Basically, dont take it out unless you NEED to and it wont matter much. Since you can do all your transfers through USB, you shouldn't need to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: