Hardware Have a banned Switch, want to buy a new Switch

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a banned Switch with my Nintendo Account on it. If I buy a new Switch, will I be able to login with my account from the banned Switch to the new Switch and download my legally bought games from the eShop?

Last edited by SpaceJump,

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but you'll have to call nintendo support to unlink the account from the banned switch first, make a excuse you lost your switch or its broken.

Augar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see. What happens to the banned Switch when my account is unlinked?

Nothing, it still works as usual. It will probably display that your account is still linked, since it wont be allowed to contact Nintendo anyway.

Some very specific games hides LAN-multiplayer behind linked accounts, but there are workarounds for that.

Reactions: SpaceJump

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What if I don't unlink my account from the banned Switch and login to the new Switch with said account, will I be able to download and play my legally bought games from eShop?

Augar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What if I don't unlink my account from the banned Switch and login to the new Switch with said account, will I be able to download and play my legally bought games from eShop?

Yes. The bans issued by Nintendo involving CFW are usually console-only (online play, updated and CDN access), the account is still on good standing. I'm not sure if a repeat offender would be forgiven again, tho.

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes. The bans issued by Nintendo involving CFW are usually console-only (online play, updated and CDN access), the account is still on good standing. I'm not sure if a repeat offender would be forgiven again, tho.
Even if I don't unlink my account from the banned Switch? Then why does anyone bother with unlinking?

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some people are paranoid enough to believe their account will be banned. Others have purchases made on that account they would rather not risk losing.
The console bound games past losses is a fair enough excuse. It's great to see nowadays we can recommend OP to unlink and redownload the games on another console.
Hope everything goes well and Nintendo proceed with what OP are going for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright