Hacking has anyone updated FW for 3dstt from www.n3dstt.com

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you did do the firmware update on the 3dstt from www.n3dstt.com, thinking back on that update, do you think that after selecting the nds file if it asked "are you sure that you want to update?" or any type of pause before it actually does the update?

I am asking because I currently have a bricked 3dstt from www.n3dstt.com and wanted to try fixing it by starting to run the update on a good 3dstt (my friend's) and after selecting the nds on the good card, take it out and move the microsd to the bricked one and then inserting that into the ds and then selecting continue or yes or whatever.

I am hoping there is some sort of pause or confirmation so that I can insert my bricked card and not update my friends working card.

thanks for your help.
Sylvie

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I decided not to chance messing with my friends card and will try loading the file on my other non 3dstt card and swap it out at the appropriate time. Best outcome, it fixes my card. Good outcome, it doesn't work and doesn't brick my other card in the process. Worst outcome, it doesn't work and bricks my other card.
wish me luck...

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm talking to myself now... lol cause no one seems to care about my problem...

Anyway so it does ask for you to continue yes no after you load the nds and I am able to swap out the cards. The outcome is not the best or the worst but the good one. Nothing happened to my good card but this did not fix my bricked card as it is stuck at the erasing device ... 0% for the last 10 minutes...
I am trying this on an old phat ds and trying the update for the 3ds 2.0 firmware...
I will now press my luck and try the dsi 1.42 firmware... what the hell

I'll keep you (ok well really just me) posted.

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok that was a complete bust I tried all 3 updates and all the same result. I even went to the r4i3d.com website (as I later found out that this card is a clone of that card) and i get the exact same results. I noticed that they updated their site not too long ago and had a wood update that probably would have helped me in the first place...argh

My original problem was that I could not play 1 game and wanted to update my kernel to the lastest version. However, n3dstt.com had not updated their site since june or something so I decided to follow the instructions found here on gbatemp on what to do if a game does not load and started from the top and was working my way down. The part that I was at was to try another menu/kernel and was pointed to retrogamefan's and I was told to try it and no harm would come as these were just menus and not firmware updates. So I tried this one R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu and it killed/bricked/fried my card. When I insert the card the spongebob exploit does not even load. Looking at the files listed in the in the r4-sdhc ttmenu folder there was nothing that looked like a firmware update. so who knows maybe it just fried my card literately...

So if you have this card do not repeat my mistake. Just be patient and wait for a freaking update that probably would never come... oh and don't tell me that I should have bought an acecard.... or whatever. Had I not been so gungho to play a game on my 3ds and that worked great on my dsi with dsttigold card I would not be here. The 3dstt was cheap and worked awesome and all the games worked great on it like pokeman white black, and tangled (my kids liked this not me) the new lego starwars3 game... it was just kirby.... gees I wish I didn't like her so much... damn you kirby lol

PS: guess I'm buying another card and no I am not going to buy this one even though it was awesome. I think I will buy an acekard 2i just so that when I go on here with my problems no one will tell me you should have bought an acekard which seems to be the response that most give with problems that are not related to the acekard. But first I think I am going to look at the acekard forum and see what the answer to the problems are there... maybe they tell people to buy dstwo or whatever... lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work