Has anyone heard anything about Piers Anthony? I am worried.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally Piers Anthony updates his newsletter every single month. It's like an extended version of his famously long and detailed Author's Notes at the end of many of his novels, which really just turn out to be superlong journal entries for his fans.

He has not updated anything since the fourth of March this year, as shown on his page http://hipiers.com/newsletter.html

I keep checking obituaries and local news in his area. He's over 80; not exactly a spring chicken.

Has anyone heard anything about him lately? I don't want to lose one of my favorite authors from childhood.

Mentor397

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just that he was struggling to find time to write, time to spend with his wife, time to spend watching movies and reading. He said something about something had to give, so I imagine the newsletter got cut.

- Mentor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for at least 10 times cooking before they are in cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol