Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well,here goes the argument that the.cia games are safe.
Maybe starting from now they can check every cia game installed and compare it to NNID purchases.
Or maybe its because people are playing the eShop version of the game when it doesn't exist yet? If they could compare your games to your purchases, then you would be banned from going online with ANY pirated game, and I can say for sure that's not the case. CIA files ARE safe..... just not when they are leaked games and you go online with them like a moron.

D

Deleted User

This was said a while back, but no one replied. Can someone who has been banned try out the method to bypass in this post here?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-miiverse-custom-image-tool.415505/page-69#post-6787736

Looks like it will bypass a hyperban until you reboot the console. Might work? Anyone willing to test for the good of others? (I'm not banned, so whatever, but it would be useful info to many!)
Well shit, if that works, we on 03ds are screwed since our system reboots to play HMM games!

x06xpower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'm one of the few people who aren't banned yet. I hardly go online with my games because my internet connection isn't that good.

Plus, I didn't even plan to go online until the release. Because there's no way Nintendo would open an online feature for everyone before the game releases unless it's a trap (which it worked).

Went to the eShop. Safe.
Re-Download a game. Safe.
Playing MK7, and AC:NL online. Safe.

Still not touching online for Moon.
those game you did play online , did you tested them just now? and while you were testing it , was moon/sun installed on your system?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe starting from today,big N will start monitoring the cia?
Doubt it. This merely happened because they know anyone playing online now... got it before release. it's as simple as that.

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that I haven't been banned. MK7 and SSB work just fine.

NB: I have played both Sun and Moon offline, so I guess you can't be banned if you played the game offline a/o with the wi-fi turned off.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
the banned system is a N3DS with AL9H and the latest fw
Cool cool thanks a lot for the replies. I'll try your method as well then since my banned is New3DS XL A9LH and I have a reserve Old3DS XL A9LH. At time of writing I'm not sure IF I'm banned since this entire situation was brought to my attention after I left home - but since I traded a friend for some trade evolutions I'm like 99.9999% certain I am banned :unsure:.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok so I injected certs.db from my other 3ds into my banned 3DS and localfriendseed b from y other 3ds into my banned 3ds and now I can access my friend list and play online, but not going into eshop

Reactions: demounit and fodder

Azebu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People who are banned, try to go online with any retail game, or Gateway/Sky3DS if you have one but played on .cia anyway for whatever reason.

It's possible that only your "console header" is banned, causing all installed apps to not work online, and retail games will work fine because they have separate headers in them.

Last edited by Azebu,
Reactions: fodder

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lmao I got banned but its chill, I have 3 other 3DS's and the special ed S/M N3DS coming in 3 days with my S/M pre-order.

Bout time Nintendo got a lil ruthless.

People who are banned, try to go online with any retail game, or Gateway/Sky3DS if you have one but played on .cia anyway for whatever reason.
I tried with my legit Omega Ruby cart - got the ban message.

Last edited by plasma,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper