Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories Coming Soon

harvest-moon-seeds-of-memories.jpg

Team Natsume is in the process of readying its latest title - Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories. The E3 ready title will be released for the Wii U, Steam, iOS, and Android this winter 2015. Press statement from Natsume below:

Go back to the roots of Harvest Moon in the latest installment of the series! Inspired by the old-school gameplay of the very first games, Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories will bring players a sense of nostalgia, along with exciting gameplay twists.

Tasked with the job of revitalizing a farm, players will need to befriend the villagers in town to unlock the titular "Seeds of Memories"! Seeds can be unlocked in many ways, such as giving a villager their favorite item, catching a giant fish, or by raising their first cow. Players will need to be up to the challenge of collecting all of the Seeds of Memories!

Old favorites return in the animal department with cows, sheep, and chickens, along with a horse to ride, and a dog to keep as a pet! Farmers will also have a new pet to take care of, but it isn't what they'd expect... It's a bobcat! The bobcat starts out wild, but as players befriend the animal, can they convince the bobcat to become their loyal friend?

Featuring cooking, fishing, foraging, and mining, players will need to upgrade their tools to find the highest-quality items. Players will also be able to participate in contests and festivals like the Cooking Contest and Starry Night Festival! Woo one of the ten marriage candidates – 5 bachelors and 5 bachelorettes – and find that special someone to make their farming life complete!

:arrow: Source - Natsume Press Mail
:arrow: Original News Thread - Thanks for the tip, @GamerzHell9137

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Natsume is garbage. Their games are bad and thier translation was always bad. Good riddance. It about time this series was set free from them.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Natsume is garbage. Their games are bad and thier translation was always bad. Good riddance. It about time this series was set free from them.
Natsume own the "Harvest Moon" IP so this series would never be free from them.
We could only hope that they finally give up after this game fail.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha, doesnt Natsume still have a hand in the Rune Factory games? Not that it really matters to me either way. The only one I liked (and or played) was the first RF and despite the bugs, I fell in love with the characters and environment. I really should give the other two DS ones a try, but I jumped right to 4 and got stuck part way though.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Ha, doesnt Natsume still have a hand in the Rune Factory games? Not that it really matters to me either way. The only one I liked (and or played) was the first RF and despite the bugs, I fell in love with the characters and environment. I really should give the other two DS ones a try, but I jumped right to 4 and got stuck part way though.
Nope, Rune Factory was make by Neverland, which had when bankrupt few year ago.
I think Maverlous still hold the IP though.

Reactions: BORTZ

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

You should play other games, actually rune factory 1 and 2 were prolly worst games in the series out of those i've played, then again they were first.
Oceans was quite great, it's what hooked me on the series, rf3 and 4 were also great at least on mechanics side, didn't play frontier yet.

Reactions: BORTZ

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You should play other games, actually rune factory 1 and 2 were prolly worst games in the series out of those i've played, then again they were first.
Oceans was quite great, it's what hooked me on the series, rf3 and 4 were also great at least on mechanics side, didn't play frontier yet.
That's really subjective. Some people dislike Oceans, and some don't. Some say 3 was bad, some don't. I myself loved RF2 and RF3. Playing Frontier right now and its pretty good too but the other friend said its bad. Oceans was ok i guess, the focus on fighting is nice but they stripped down the farming. The characters in Oceans thou are the best. Haven't played RF4 (blame Marvelous for canning it :angry: )

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For me it's the mechanics, rf1 had weak mechanics compared to later games. Rf2 had this screwed up 2nd generation thing that held you back untill you got a kid, to be honest i looked it up in faq only once i realized something is wrong and got dead tired of game not progressing. And to be honest it was still mediocre for me. RF3 had this meh character but the mechanics got finally nice so i enjoyed it :) Same goes fo further versions.

Ain't sure what you meant about rf4 getting canned ?

Though i think i got a bit annoyed thinking i finished game a couple of times and figuring out there's still more ;)
Anyway mechanics wise it's awesome, didn't like setting as much though still a great game imo.

I'll agree that character wise oceans was the best one of them;) it also had this nice mood imo.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
On a related note, I feel like Harvest Moon is the very definition of playing the same game over and over again. How do these things warrant making multiple versions on every Nintendo handheld?
I also know what you mean, I played the two on GBA, and they were exactly the same fucking game, despite their boxes looking different and new title screens. It was sad and pathetic, but at least I didn't pay for them, I was emulating them on my PC.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I also know what you mean, I played the two on GBA, and they were exactly the same fucking game, despite their boxes looking different and new title screens. It was sad and pathetic, but at least I didn't pay for them, I was emulating them on my PC.
To be fair, if you mean Friends of Mineral Town and More Friends of Mineral Town, they were meant to be basically the same game. One just focuses around a male protagonist, the other a female protagonist.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, if you mean Friends of Mineral Town and More Friends of Mineral Town, they were meant to be basically the same game. One just focuses around a male protagonist, the other a female protagonist.
Yeah, those games. I was hoping for at least *something* different besides the protagonist... :/

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
For me it's the mechanics, rf1 had weak mechanics compared to later games. Rf2 had this screwed up 2nd generation thing that held you back untill you got a kid, to be honest i looked it up in faq only once i realized something is wrong and got dead tired of game not progressing. And to be honest it was still mediocre for me. RF3 had this meh character but the mechanics got finally nice so i enjoyed it :) Same goes fo further versions.

Ain't sure what you meant about rf4 getting canned ?

Though i think i got a bit annoyed thinking i finished game a couple of times and figuring out there's still more ;)
Anyway mechanics wise it's awesome, didn't like setting as much though still a great game imo.

I'll agree that character wise oceans was the best one of them;) it also had this nice mood imo.

Got 3DS because of RF4, waited 2-3 years to come out, Marvelous announced it for Europe.
1 month before release, they canned it. Got pissed so much after the SMT Europe Fiasco, SMT Devil Survivor game breaking bug, no games and RF4 canning which made me sell my 3DS.
Later on XSeed announced that it's coming out in Europe but when the RF4 Europe shitstorm happened, they said it was impossible for them to release it.
Welp at least i learned my lesson, don't support region locked systems and wait for the game you want to come out.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Got 3DS because of RF4, waited 2-3 years to come out, Marvelous announced it for Europe.
1 month before release, they canned it. Got pissed so much after the SMT Europe Fiasco, SMT Devil Survivor game breaking bug, no games and RF4 canning which made me sell my 3DS.
Later on XSeed announced that it's coming out in Europe but when the RF4 Europe shitstorm happened, they said it was impossible for them to release it.
Welp at least i learned my lesson, don't support region locked systems and wait for the game you want to come out.

No, well that's one of the reasons why i always get a console when it gets moded.
Actually i have no idea how people can use consoles with shitloads of restrictions, region lock being prolly the dumbest of them all.

Reactions: GamerzHell9137

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1