Harvest Moon: One World announced for Nintendo Switch

HMOneWorldLogo_01.png
Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, and Rising Star Games, video game publisher and long-standing partner of Natsume, today announced their latest title, Harvest Moon: One World for Nintendo Switch. Harvest Moon: One World will be launching later this year, distributed by Nintendo of Europe in European countries.

Fledgling farmers will explore an entire world full of new and familiar faces, unique villages, and adventurous challenges while managing their growing farm. The new title is being developed with an all-new engine and graphics.

“Harvest Moon: One World features a brand-new way of exploring Harvest Moon that seasoned players and new generations will both enjoy,” said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume. “Over the decades, Harvest Moon has evolved but has always retained the traditional, family-friendly farming fun that the franchise is known for. The new engine and new graphics will upgrade this experience for 2020. We are so excited to share more about the features of Harvest Moon: One World in the coming months.”

Can you imagine a world without tomatoes, strawberries, or even cabbage? In the latest entry in the Harvest Moon series, that’s the situation players will find themselves in. Only an old book gives hints of what once was... Buoyed by a mysterious discovery, players will find themselves setting out on an adventure that spans not only their hometown but the whole world! What kind of people and places await? From the gorgeous beaches of Halo Halo to the snowy mountains of Salmiakki, there’s literally an entire world to explore.

“Rising Star Games has been partnering with Natsume for nearly two decades.” said Brjann Sigurgeirsson of Thunderful Publishing and Rising Star Games. “Harvest Moon is the very series that started the farming genre, always innovating and bringing fresh ideas whilst attracting new players. With the invaluable support of Nintendo of Europe, we will continue to carry the torch of this successful series into 2020 and beyond for Pan-European regions with the release of Harvest Moon: One World for Nintendo Switch.”

:arrow:Harvest Moon: One World Official Site

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are those games worth a look? always ignored the story of seasons stuff because they looked like a cheap rip off of my beloved farming harvest moon series

Like chary mentioned. The story of season games are actually the real harvest moon games.

Marvelous the actual developer for a long time had a publisher deak with natsume.
Later on they cut ties with them due deciding to having the translation done in house via Xseed (Xseed ist owned by narsume).

Sadly narsume didn't want to give them the name harvest moon.
So marvelous decided to use a more literal translation of the Japanese name, story of season.

Natsume meanwhile, having lost their cashcow, decided to develop games themself while using harvest moon name power.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, is this part of the original harvest moon series or the derivation that happened when Story of Seasons became a thing? Basically is this most likely gonna be good or bad?
You do know that the American translators (Natsume) decided that they no longer want to work with Marvelous (the original game creators) and started their own "Harvest Moon" series. The game you played was the "story of aeasons" story, anything you see named "harvest moon" is now a different series altogether.

Reactions: Brigand and r5xscn

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played a Harvest Moon game since 'A Wonderful Life'. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good enough to encourage me to buy more Harvest Moon games.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played a Harvest Moon game since 'A Wonderful Life'. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good enough to encourage me to buy more Harvest Moon games.

A wonderful life was the slowest harvest moon game. Magical Melody was strictly in my opinion, a better harvest moon game in virtually all fronts when it came to the Gamecube ones.

Kodaleafeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve honestly lost interest in the harvest moon games after Stardew became a thing. Nintendo continues to ignore a lot of fan suggestions for the Harvest Moon games and it just isn’t as interesting as a result. Whereas Stardew Valley is not only getting updates to constantly improve the game and add content, but also listens to the fans. Plus Stardaw has same-sex marriage and Harvest doesn’t, so obviously that’s plays a little into this as well.
It's not really Nintendo that's at fault in the case of this series. Natsume is the one at fault for the condition of Harvest Moon, since as Chary said, they decided to try and develop their own games using the name when the dev team cut ties. The actual devs for the franchise just went with Story of Seasons as a name since Natsume didn't wanna give it up, plus they do actually seem to consider suggestions made by the fans.

Last edited by Kodaleafeon,
Reactions: Sapphire01

CactusMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not really Nintendo that's at fault in the case of this series. Natsume is the one at fault for the condition of Harvest Moon, since as Chary said, they decided to try and develop their own games using the name when the dev team cut ties. The actual devs for the franchise just went with Story of Seasons as a name since Natsume didn't wanna give it up, plus they do actually seem to consider suggestions made by the fans.
They just need some more practice, the other compagnie has experience since the SNES. They ain´t on par with Doraemon Story of Seasons or Stardew Valey. But they ain´t all that bad, worst thing about the last game Light of Hope was the season pass scamming. It was kinda basic on story and the game world. I tought the mutating crops were interesting.
Everyone makes it seem like it´s the worst game ever. Like you would rather play E.T. , it wasn´t bad just average.
I can see them make great games they just need to adjust from the translation patches. I´ll suport them.

Kodaleafeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They just need some more practice, the other compagnie has experience since the SNES. They ain´t on par with Doraemon Story of Seasons or Stardew Valey. But they ain´t all that bad, worst thing about the last game Light of Hope was the season pass scamming. It was kinda basic on story and the game world. I tought the mutating crops were interesting.
Everyone makes it seem like it´s the worst game ever. Like you would rather play E.T. , it wasn´t bad just average.
I can see them make great games they just need to adjust from the translation patches. I´ll suport them.
Yeah, there's a possibility Natsume can improve, but their track record isn't good. Weren't really great when they were just localizing so I'm holding my breath with them.

Reactions: CactusMan

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have just started on Switch "Story of Seasons Doraemon" and I have to say: This way more Harvest Moon then every Harvest Moon named game was in the past. Not bad. Thanks for the advice to tray those Story of Season Games.

Reactions: CactusMan

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Story of Season is not the literal translation of its Japanese name but it is close. Bokujou Monogatari It literally translates as Ranch Story.

Last edited by Xmortal,
Reactions: Frexxos

Sillybunnie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are those games worth a look? always ignored the story of seasons stuff because they looked like a cheap rip off of my beloved farming harvest moon series
Watch this seasons of story is actually harvest moon. Would be like if the writer of Harry Potter books sold the name Harry Potter to a company to publish her books but then had a falling out with the publisher, so decided to self publish but couldn't call her new books Harry Potter anymore as the publisher owned all the rights to sell books called Harry Potter. So instead she continued the stories but renamed the books to a different name even though same characters and stories.

Estriole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have just started on Switch "Story of Seasons Doraemon" and I have to say: This way more Harvest Moon then every Harvest Moon named game was in the past. Not bad. Thanks for the advice to tray those Story of Season Games.
Doraemon Story of Season concept is back to basic old school Harvest Moon (Bokujo Monogatari) from SNES and Playstation Era... but added with a little twist Doraemon Gadget... i think this is a good game.. i enjoy the game so much because i'm fan of both Doraemon or Bokujo Monogatari...
I also hope this crossover could expand to another series like Rune Factory does... there might be lots of possibilities... for example One Piece Story of Season, Naruto Story of Season (Farming in Ninja world), Dr. Stone Story of Season (i think this could be epic concept btw) or some Sci-fi themed Story of Season (we know HM:Innocent life did not satisfy us enough... so maybe full steam punk sci fi theme crossover might be epic)... this might make a breakthrough to this kind of game which started to get repetitive...
I also once have fantasy about Rune Factory crossover with Suikoden "Recruit and build HQ / Town" concept when playing Rune Factory 4 in 3ds... maybe called it Rune Margin (Suikoden based on water margin story).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?