Gaming Harvest Moon 3DS

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mmm i was tempted to get it but I'm more of a fan of the rune factory series than harvest moon....if it wasn't for the fact that the new rune factory comes out this summer (and the new MD comes out next week) I would totally get it. (damn limited budget)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I never played any of the Harvest moon series but I still kinda want to try ;o

I might get this game, idk ._.

Do it!
Get Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns right away from GAME or Amazon.co.uk for 15£!! D<

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you enjoyed Rune Factory the original, you would really enjoy [I believe] Rune Factory 2&3, each adds something different to the fold and is progressive in added traits.
Screen shots can be found in 3D for the upcoming Rune Facrtory, as well as for Animal Crossing and other games at..

.www.3ds-screenshot.com

if you go to this on your 3DS browser you will be WOWed.

"they rook maaaverus"- Billy Crystal

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you enjoyed Rune Factory the original, you would really enjoy [I believe] Rune Factory 2&3, each adds something different to the fold and is progressive in added traits.
Screen shots can be found in 3D for the upcoming Rune Facrtory, as well as for Animal Crossing and other games at..

.www.3ds-screenshots.com

if you go to this on your 3DS browser you will be WOWed.

"they rook maaaverus"- Billy Crystal

Sucks that everyone who posted here is from Europe.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They should just release the game in English in Europe, I'm sure it woudnt be too much of a problem for Animal Crossing fans
Instead they let Rising Star do their crappy translation in something like 14 months each time. I'd have fired them LONG ago, if I was in Marvelous. Natsume FTW.

Eruonen

Trophies
Website
autotox.in
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep, I am also thinking of getting a (preferably second hand) US 3DS. Ace Attorney 5 will probably take a year to get released in Europe also, so I think it might be a worthwhile investment.

Reactions: earlynovfan

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's $30 on... Amazon I think. I was browsing earlier today and happened to see it. But yeah, RF4 looks amazing and is more accessible to most people.

amazon

earlynovfan

Delusional
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How good is this one? Like how does this HM stack up against the older ones?
I really enjoy it.
But, it's different.

You build the town that starts out with you and 3 other people.
People eventually move in throughout the season and grant you access to more stores and items.

I'd definitely say it's worth the purchase though :)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What different about this one, and which one do you think is the best? Like which one did the best out of all the harvest moon releases?

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay except for Grand Bazaar, which even then was kinda meh, I had trouble getting into the last handful of Harvest Moon games, but this one kept me drawn in. As for my favorite, it'd have to be Harvest Moon 64, followed by the Playstation released on, Back to Nature I think? Though that's more due being wowed by it likely due to time frame. Harvest Moon DS follows closely.

As for different, it's still more of the same, except add the city building management to the fray, requiring you to gather specific types of material to build things to progress the game. It pulls away from just grow the best stuff, it kinda forces you to grow a variety of things, and to keep ahold of what you gather. Money isn't too big an issue on this game, or hasn't been so far for me.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive heard that "Friends of Mineral Town" is one of the best. Which one is that? And I remember my friends (who actually lived on a farm) loved the one for GBC.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

earlynovfan

Delusional
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive heard that "Friends of Mineral Town" is one of the best. Which one is that? And I remember my friends (who actually lived on a farm) loved the one for GBC.
Friends of Mineral Town and More Friends of Mineral Town are on the GBA.
Those and Wonderful Life on the Gamecube were my introductions to the series.

I believe Friends of Mineral Town is a remake of the original (SNES) with added characters, animals, and events. Not entirely sure though.

Hope you become a fan! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since