Hardware Hardbrick? Blue led goes off after few seconds

Lotti86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everybody! I attempt to do an hard mod on my new 3ds and it didn't worked. I had blue screen even without soldering the SD adapter to the wires.

I removed the wires and now the nintendo won't boot. The blue led goes on, screens are powered (they're black) and then after 3-5 seconds the blue led go off.

It seems that some internal checks are failing and the console will not boot at all.

While I was reassembly it I inserted a flat cable reversed... (i double checked every connection since this).
Does it have a real damage (e.g.: reversing that flat cable has damaged something internally) or I can revive it by recheck all the connection and cleaning better the soldering spots?
This is the cable that i inserted reverse:
2vxn52b.png

Last edited by Lotti86,

Lotti86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
uh, i also destroyed (not by soldering.. the wire was tugged somehow :\) the alternative CLK point on the other side of the board :\ This shouldn't affect the circuitry.. Am I wrong?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh, i also destroyed (not by soldering.. the wire was tugged somehow :\) the alternative CLK point on the other side of the board :\ This shouldn't affect the circuitry.. Am I wrong?

CLK = Clock. You need to see if you can trace the point, which i don't think you can honestly. I'm going with permabrick on this one. Someone else can chime in

@hundshamer @gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
right well the blue screen at all times is a bad sign this suggests you did something initially that prevented the system booting, generally this error suggests you have messed up the nand points (bridged contacts or torn traces)

next up i'm not sure if putting that cable in the wrong way would do anything other than preventing the console booting until you fix it (at least that's what i would imagine, i havent put it in the wrong way before so can't say for sure)

as for it not booting now, the blue LED then shut down usually suggests the LCD ribbon cables arent in properly (or there is major hardware fault) i suggest you go back and re-check every ribbon cable and ensure they are fully inserted and aligned correctly and double check them for tears/excessive twisting/bends , if you still have no luck i would guess there is something else wrong with it now, possibly down to the cable being inserted wrong or just general bad handling of the board

as always pictures really help in these cases

Last edited by gamesquest1,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that you destroyed a test point probably supports the carelessness when soldering case. It's not impossible to accidentally heat up something unintended when you aren't careful with a soldering iron, or if your soldering iron is too cheap and has too large of a tip or isn't temperature controlled.

RSA6974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have this same problem (blue led) and what's worse is that one of the screws is stripped and screwed tightly I can't unscrew the screw to the motherboard.
Not worth the trouble to hardmod your 3ds.

Send it to an expert.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reversing the cable has a chance of shorting some data line to voltage and thus breaking sensitive components on the motherboard, but that seems extremely unlikely. At most probably whatever is connected to the other end of the cable would break.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1