Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In fact, it adds two buttons to the Xbox Series, and can use macro programming and other adjustment functions, so it matches the elite controller in marketing, and is actually an Xbox Series controller.

Still on this, what is an Elite Pro Controller? The official name for the Elite Controller is Xbox Elite / Elite Series / Xbox One Elite. I can't find Microsoft's Elite controller with "Pro" on the name. Is this a regional thing and it's called Pro in other countries?

Word of warning, one must be careful when claiming comparisons. The Elite Controller has other features like the tension adjustable analogs, magnetic replaceable analog + d-pad caps, trigger locks, profile settings, 4 buttons/paddles on the back (and maybe other things I'm not aware). The Superpack improves on the Xbox Series controller, but the Elite has other features that are not matched.

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Still on this, what is an Elite Pro Controller? The official name for the Elite Controller is Xbox Elite / Elite Series / Xbox One Elite. I can't find Microsoft's Elite controller with "Pro" on the name. Is this a regional thing and it's called Pro in other countries?

Word of warning, one must be careful when claiming comparisons. The Elite Controller has other features like the tension adjustable analogs, magnetic replaceable analog + d-pad caps, trigger locks, profile settings, 4 buttons/paddles on the back (and maybe other things I'm not aware). The Superpack improves on the Xbox Series controller, but the Elite has other features that are not matched.
Yes, you're right. This is a serious issue and should not confuse users.
I will notify the brand to see if the name can be changed in the next production

• Love
Reactions: cearp and Cajumjoe

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone install these in bulk able to comment on their failure rate? The customer service both from Jim at Aknes and Gulikit has been top notch, out of 7 sets these last few months I’ve had 2 where one of the sticks had an issue, I would love to buy in a larger quantity, but at a roughly 14% failure rate for me here lately I have hesitated to purchase 50 sets at a time.

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@AKNES

The non connecting issue happened again:

Mode X - connected by Bluetooth to PC
Battery depleted while playing - controller disconnected due to lack of power
Connected cable to USB port, this time, on the same computer I'm playing on
Pressed pair button on Superpack
Red light is blinking, Green light starts blinking
Green light stops blinking after 2~3 seconds, controller refuses to pair

I believe this is caused by the battery being low, so the controller refuses to turn on, even if it's connected to a power source by cable. While I was writing this post, it charged for some seconds/minutes, I pressed the pair button on the Superpack, and it connected normally.
This prevents the player from resuming play right away and while it's not that serious, it may be annoying to the more impatient people.

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The non connecting issue happened again:

Mode X - connected by Bluetooth to PC
Battery depleted while playing - controller disconnected due to lack of power
Connected cable to USB port, this time, on the same computer I'm playing on
Pressed pair button on Superpack
Red light is blinking, Green light starts blinking
Green light stops blinking after 2~3 seconds, controller refuses to pair

I believe this is caused by the battery being low, so the controller refuses to turn on, even if it's connected to a power source by cable. While I was writing this post, it charged for some seconds/minutes, I pressed the pair button on the Superpack, and it connected normally.
This prevents the player from resuming play right away and while it's not that serious, it may be annoying to the more impatient people.
From your description, this seems to be related to battery power. I contacted RetroFlag to see if it could be resolved from our production side.

• Love
Reactions: Cajumjoe

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Still using the Superpack. I think the LEDs should be facing the user. Currently, the positioning of the LEDs means that during a game session, the battery led may start blinking, completely deplete, and the user may not notice it.

Reactions: AKNES

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Still using the Superpack. I think the LEDs should be facing the user. Currently, the positioning of the LEDs means that during a game session, the battery led may start blinking, completely deplete, and the user may not notice it.
But, how to facing the user?:rofl:

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But, how to facing the user?:rofl:

The most visible part, most likely to catch the user's line of sight/attention, is the green outlined.

I haven't disassembled the Superpack, but these are probably SMD LEDs routing the light through transparent plastic pieces.
These pieces could be extended in order to have the light more visible. Would require some plastic rework.

Meanwhile, it happened again today, during a game session:
My character froze in place during action, controller suddenly seems unresponsive, I get hit ingame.
I flip the controller, notice the red light blinking, and the green light off - because the controller disconnected due to a depleted battery, and I was completely unware because the LEDs just aren't visible when naturally holding the controller.

Attachments

• SuperPack_LEDs.jpg
    SuperPack_LEDs.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thought about opening it:

Removing the Superpack is still very difficult. Wished there was some texture or ridges on the battery cover area, to allow more traction on the fingers.

Realized the pack is glued together, so opening it means, quite likely, destroying it - which defeats the purpose for fixing the covered LEDs.

Attachments

• IMG_20230824_121516.jpg
    IMG_20230824_121516.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Love
Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thought about opening it:

Removing the Superpack is still very difficult. Wished there was some texture or ridges on the battery cover area, to allow more traction on the fingers.

Realized the pack is glued together, so opening it means, quite likely, destroying it - which defeats the purpose for fixing the covered LEDs.
'some texture or ridges on the battery cover area' is a good idea too.

From the current finished product, it is more difficult to change the position of the LED light. I want RetroFlag to consider whether it can be modified, but this changes the mold and the cost of production is relatively large.
In any case, this is also an increase in our design thinking.

Reactions: cearp and Cajumjoe

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
'some texture or ridges on the battery cover area' is a good idea too.

From the current finished product, it is more difficult to change the position of the LED light. I want RetroFlag to consider whether it can be modified, but this changes the mold and the cost of production is relatively large.
In any case, this is also an increase in our design thinking.
Well, maybe for a future SuperPack 2 :P

I gave this a second thought: maybe the ridges can be replaced with an adhesive, something like a lizard skins patch. Changing the mold would be better, and probably cheaper in the long run? A bit of extra plastic vs adding adhesives? No idea, something to study, maybe.

While I was thinking about adhesives, maybe there was something that can also be used for the LED, like an external fix.
I have some clear and thick double sided tape. if I put some aluminium reflective tape on it, finish with some black tape, and then stick it over the LED, it may perhaps be enough to route the light to the edge...

Reactions: AKNES

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
About that joysticks besides clicking they have one direction weakness for pushing down on movement :o Perhaps it was reported already? I spot this clearly after putting them in my anbernic :P then i go back to one pair in Joys and yep all three are affected in addition one dude on Discord states that he tested 4 or 6 pairs and get only one fine in that matter and clicking : /

Right joycone pushing in on up direction left on down.
I have few normal joys and even one with standard gulkit joysticks and they are not affected by something like this.

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
About that joysticks besides clicking they have one direction weakness for pushing down on movement :o Perhaps it was reported already? I spot this clearly after putting them in my anbernic :P then i go back to one pair in Joys and yep all three are affected in addition one dude on Discord states that he tested 4 or 6 pairs and get only one fine in that matter and clicking : /

Right joycone pushing in on up direction left on down.

So it's the same direction, as the sticks are installed at 180º rotation (one has the cable facing up when assembling, the other side has the cable facing down).
Is this the new version of the sticks? I never tried those.
I've used V2s for a while, which I then swapped with my gf's Switch so she's using them now, and they seem ok (so far).
Is there any movement jump problem?
I remember clicks happening due to the spring inside moving, but not affecting movement.

Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So it's the same direction, as the sticks are installed at 180º rotation (one has the cable facing up when assembling, the other side has the cable facing down).
Is this the new version of the sticks? I never tried those.
I've used V2s for a while, which I then swapped with my gf's Switch so she's using them now, and they seem ok (so far).
Is there any movement jump problem?
I remember clicks happening due to the spring inside moving, but not affecting movement.
A dude from Discord buys them fresh. We spoke like 2/3 months ago maybe and he bought all "defectives" from a seller we know from here and one lucky pair from someone else :X Mine 2 pairs are from the first bad batch and the second 2 idk know because i buy them locally but i bet they are also from a bad batch because they came without stickers. In clicking matter i don't mind it :D The first pairs click way lauder.

Yea perhaps in one I can detect some slight movement issues but in all 3 of 4(pairs) already mounted i have that easy push down in one direction. When I tried them in Anbernic it was detectable on the spot and annoying in joycons i can see that left is less annoying than right but still.

Last edited by Lamcza,

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A dude from Discord buys them fresh. We spoke like 2/3 months ago maybe and he bought all "defectives" from a seller we know from here and one lucky pair from someone else :X Mine 2 pairs are from the first bad batch and the second 2 idk know because i buy them locally but i bet they are also from a bad batch because they came without stickers. In clicking matter i don't mind it :D The first pairs click way lauder.

Yea perhaps in one I can detect some slight movement issues but in all 3 of 4(pairs) already mounted i have that easy push down in one direction. When I tried them in Anbernic it was detectable on the spot and annoying in joycons i can see that left is less annoying than right but still.
I can't be sure, but I think no stickers means V1. I believe V2s and the newest (V3?) all come with stickers. V1s had some bad issues...

Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't be sure, but I think no stickers means V1. I believe V2s and the newest (V3?) all come with stickers. V1s had some bad issues...
i mean dude on anbernic discord bought all v2 so... all from amazon :D i think this product need some fixes iam staying out from it for now maybe they need another year :P

you are pretty active can you tell me if i can go form 15.0.1 stright to 16.0.3 (update 2) becouse iam like jon snow now :D thx

1692981430605.png

Last edited by Lamcza,

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no perfect problem free version at this time, even the latest batch I purchased had issues, the customer service is great and I’ve been able to get them replaced. Seems like one stick out of every 5 sets will have an issue, but I’ve only installed about 20 sets so far.

Reactions: AKNES and Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is no perfect problem free version at this time, even the latest batch I purchased had issues, the customer service is great and I’ve been able to get them replaced. Seems like one stick out of every 5 sets will have an issue, but I’ve only installed about 20 sets so far.
yes service is good but still it is annoying(dude on disco has no problemo with returns but it was on amazon soo) , can you check them in that easier push down on right up and left down directions

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes service is good but still it is annoying(dude on disco has no problemo with returns but it was on amazon soo) , can you check them in that easier push down on right up and left down directions
Yea I agree with the annoying, it definitely can be when you get one that doesn’t work as you then have to remove it and replace it with another, I’m hoping for lower failure rates as time goes on for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol