HAHAHa, guess what happened?!!?!

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh yea, I updated my switch, on accident. It wasn't even my dog (or cat). I just can't even believe it, lol. I was going to update anyway, but this all happened in the WRONG ORDER. I had 16.0.0 with atmo 1.5.1. I got the latest atmo (1.5.3) and loaded it, with the updated fusee.bin, on to my sd card. Then, I got the fatal error (incorrect fusee version). I checked around and made sure that my fusee.bin is on my root, in the \bootloader\payloads, and set to reload_payload.bin in \atmosphere. They are all the same fusee.bin now. To be sure, I double checked that they were all the same fusee.bin before I started. After I got the fatal error, my switch rebooted. I checked my sd card again, and I checked again all my fusee.bin were all the same. So, my switch rebooted again, then I decided to check the firmware, to see if I was on atmo now. I'm now on 16.0.3. I still get the error. This doesn't seem to be related to sigpatches, but I'll update anyhow.

What am I missing?

• Wow
Reactions: AncientBoi

slaphappygamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things get tricky, I remember I downloaded sx gear and used that to boot fusee. I also remember using hekate, but that was a while ago. Pretty sure I was on firmware 15 then. When I updated to 16, I ended up switching to sx gear. @binkinator had helped another user and he referred to sx gear. I started using that instead. I was able to boot into atmo after restoring my bin files. Trouble for me is that updates are not very regular and I usually forget what the process is. I know the order to update in, but the file placement is so particular.

The premade boot.dat loaded hetake, after that, I chose my fusee.bin.

From typing this, I realize what I did.

I had to rename my fusee.bin to payload.bin, on my root. Along with having the new atmosphere.

Without realizing it, I was actually bypassing sx gear boot process. This is why it wouldn't work.

Reactions: linuxares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?