Gaming Hadouken spamming

Cocytean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else getting a bit tired of being spammed to death by Hadoukens, sonic booms and the like in SFIV? I only got it today, played three or four online games so far, and each of them involved a player standing on the opposite side of the screen launching fireball after fireball. Really, really irritating. What's other people's findings of online play so far?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Cocytean said:
Anyone else getting a bit tired of being spammed to death by Hadoukens, sonic booms and the like in SFIV? I only got it today, played three or four online games so far, and each of them involved a player standing on the opposite side of the screen launching fireball after fireball. Really, really irritating. What's other people's findings of online play so far?
Stop whinging dude, get in there and whoop their asses with some moves.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called the "Jump" button.

Protip: The jump button can be used to evade oncoming projectiles in fighting games. No damage is taken when evading.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Kudos on the sarcasm
rofl.gif

The Shadow Knigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Better yet, if you happen to be playing a character that can use Hurricane Kick or similar you can use those moves to pass right through the projectiles.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure there are ways of countering such spammers.
Street Fighter would never have gotten as popular as it is if it was so shallow that projectile spamming could prevail.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you playing on lite mode? Because that's technically a reworded term for troll mode. You can get through them with much more success on pro mode (I'm surprised I barely bumped into shoto characters on pro mode). To be honest, if you think dealing with fireballs is hard, wait until you deal with blankas in pro mode. Especially when trying to punishing a blank ball with lag.

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is why it is called the Lite mode, so that noob can make super combo/attack. Of course you will get spammed but it's up to you to find a way out. You can also play in pro mode.

Raynar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Kudos on the sarcasm
rofl.gif

Lulz Kudos as well yo. xD
QUOTE(Anakir @ Apr 3 2011, 04:37 AM) Are you playing on lite mode? Because that's technically a reworded term for troll mode. You can get through them with much more success on pro mode (I'm surprised I barely bumped into shoto characters on pro mode). To be honest, if you think dealing with fireballs is hard, wait until you deal with blankas in pro mode. Especially when trying to punishing a blank ball with lag.
Indeed I would have to agree with that... It's not fun I'll tell you what.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I play in Lite mode, mainly 'cause I Have issues pulling off Super Combo's, but I tend to do most attacks on my own (Cannon Spike, Spin Drive Smasher, etc.) and I hate spammers, but I can often get a good beating on 'em and even win sometimes. Lol

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cocytean said:
Anyone else getting a bit tired of being spammed to death by Hadoukens, sonic booms and the like in SFIV?

Is this your first experience with Street Fighter? Personally, I consider it spam too, but you can thank tourney players for making it acceptable. If you ever watch Diago play his Ryu, you'll know what I mean. It's obviously a viable strategy, one that is well accepted by the community, but it doesn't necessarily make for entertaining gameplay. That's why, if you're in to have fun, you'll need to find friends who are also playing for that reason, not just to win.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendude92 said:
No, the issue here is that now specials don't need charging in lite mode. This is a problem with Guile's flash kick; You loop over and the recovery time is far to short to get over reliably. Proof in the pudding; (With humor!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0tuVgHJZg
Really? NO CHARGING? That's just completely broken.

Isn't there a mode for "Pro" only games?

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Nintendude92 said:
No, the issue here is that now specials don't need charging in lite mode. This is a problem with Guile's flash kick; You loop over and the recovery time is far to short to get over reliably. Proof in the pudding; (With humor!)

You can see it in the video; no charging a flash kick. It's pretty bad.

And yeah, you can opt to change your control scheme to "pro mode", you can't map specials. You can map combos to make things easier but I feel that lite should have just forced charge when you tap, because it's a solid addition to put players on a higher level.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Spammers piss me off, but I love pwning them. My dumb little brother spams like a little wussy bitch when we play pretty much anything.

MVC3, it's spamming Wesker's teleport.

Call of Duty, it's the Newb Tube.

Sports Champions, he just flails around like a 'tard.

Wii Sports Bowling, he always uses the 'late release trick'.

What he's now realising is that a skilled gamer can nearly always work around stupid spammable moves like these with their better reflexes and enhanced gaming knowledge. Example, MVC3. He can spam all he likes, I'll simply play as Phoenix and fly over his spam session, then pound him into the dirt every time he's vulnerable. Hence his spamming achieves nothing as I invariably win. Last time I beat him 17-nil. He gave up after that.

In short, teach spammers a lesson and smack 'em about the place a bit. Show them the difference between a gamer and a douchebag.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rose is pretty good at countering Hadouken Spammers, what with her reflector and all. If you're having trouble, try setting your search to "Pro" only, as at least that way, people can't map specials.

Of course, I could really care less, as most Hadouken Spammers I've played aren't actually good with the characters they use. Not saying that all aren't, but the ones I've fought aren't.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I swear that is my only problem with SSF4 on the 3ds. Everytime you play onlien, as soon as you lie on the floor, your raped. Some players just do the same. When I lie on the floor, the run to me and graple me every effin time. no way to response. if i have luck and can avoid by a lucky jump in the last milisecond and punch them, they run all the way and fire some shittie hadouken and whatever. somehow I'm really angered at the lite mode.

joemontana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendude92 said:
Slyakin said:
Nintendude92 said:

You can see it in the video; no charging a flash kick. It's pretty bad.

And yeah, you can opt to change your control scheme to "pro mode", you can't map specials. You can map combos to make things easier but I feel that lite should have just forced charge when you tap, because it's a solid addition to put players on a higher level.

i played some random guile and the guy would sonic boom me, and whenever i tried to jump over, he'd dash forward and flash kick me immediately. pretty impossible to counter attack or anything. it took me a while to get that charging moves didnt have charge -- which in theory allows impossible combos.

playing pro might solve the problem
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl