Hacking HackMii Installer v0.7

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would there be a worry/problem ? If you restore it will restore your nand to the point it was at when you backed it up. So IF you had HBC 1.0.6 at backup, then you will have it when you restore.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, you can just rerun the 1.0.7 installer, choose to uninstall HBC, and then use an exploit like Bannerbomb to run 1.0.6 hackmii installer to get the previous version back on your Wii. That's what I've elected to do for the time being (but if the surprise is revealed to be something incredibly useful, you can bet I'll switch back pretty fast).

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Uninstalling of 1.07 is not required. Just run hackmii 1.06 and install only HBC from there (that's what i did).

You will get both old and new HBCs
smile.gif

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Could you please clarify if there is an interest to reinstall bootmii delivered with last hackmii installer as for the moment I have bootmii boot v2 installed from hbc 1.0.6 installer.

I don't ask for hbc 1.0.7 that i will install but my concern is the interest (and way) to reinstall lasr bootmii version.

Thanks

drmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OlivierTheBest said:
Could you please clarify if there is an interest to reinstall bootmii delivered with last hackmii installer
Yes, at least the files for the SD card. For a simple reason: as the Homebrew Channel's title ID changed, old BootMii would not find it anymore.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a note to those who experienced "No Vulnerable IOS" even with unpatched IOS: HackMii Installer 0.7b has now been released. This is a bugfix in the installer to work for those who experienced the bug. HBC and BootMii aren't changed, only the actual installer, so if you already installed using HackMii Installer 0.7, you don't need to reinstall, its just for users for whom 0.7 didn't work. The download link at http://www.bootmii.org/download has been updated, as has the internal update mechanism of HBC.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Just a note to those who experienced "No Vulnerable IOS" even with unpatched IOS: HackMii Installer 0.7b has now been released. This is a bugfix in the installer to work for those who experienced the bug. HBC and BootMii aren't changed, only the actual installer, so if you already installed using HackMii Installer 0.7, you don't need to reinstall, its just for users for whom 0.7 didn't work. The download link at http://www.bootmii.org/download has been updated, as has the internal update mechanism of HBC.
Ok I wandering what that version had that the other didn't!! lol Thanx!! lol

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Have a friend with the issue...no CORP, running 4.2U, and getting the error. Good to see that they fixed it.

@dn_angel000: Stop with the excessive exclamation points, and don't put "!! lol" at the end of your posts. It's obnoxious (and I'm sure most others on here would agree).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
techboy said:
SifJar said:
Have a friend with the issue...no CORP, running 4.2U, and getting the error. Good to see that they fixed it.

@dn_angel000: Stop with the excessive exclamation points, and don't put "!! lol" at the end of your posts. It's obnoxious (and I'm sure most others on here would agree).

I agree (and have mentioned it before)

Sorry for going off-topic.

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
dwmyke said:
Grr. Was hoping this update would see my usb hdd. No luck.
frown.gif

At least there's a new update! Rad.
same here, when i first plugged it in, it worked! lunched a homebrew emulator, then went back to try the others, and bam! it didn't detect anything after :/
Problems? YEps

--edit--

ok weird i reinstalled 1.0.6HBC, apparently the HBC doesn't read the USB when is plugged in before launching the channel..
So i bring up the Slot Selection Menu, then plug back in my USBHD-WDPassport portable version small lol, wait for a second, and it reads it... but then when return back to the HBC, it doesn't read it any more, so i redo the same step, and it reads the harddrive.
Reinstalled 1.0.7 - The same trick has to be performed, but this time is the same deal just that it takes longer, and it usually doesn't work, so i gotta unplug&replug it back in.
Is this how its suppose to be loaded? O. o
and now messing around with it again, i got a code dump.. graphical no code at all, the screen went black with a lil Green line ontop.

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. I'm trying to update with the latest updater, from version .5. I've tried this from both network, and the elf file on the SD card. When I get to the "scam warning" screen, my controller de-syncs, and I can't proceed. Anybody have any ideas? Do I need to install .6, and then proceed? I still have CIOS 17, if that matters (Which I don't think it does).

Thx,
I'm Gassy

Edit - disregard - I left it on the scam scren, and after I posted this, the "Press 1 to continue" was displayed. Just took longer then I thought it would.

T

TheRealVisitor

Mr.M0t0 said:
installed priiloader0.5beta to boot hbc0.7 normally but still wont weird...

You have to update the beta via online update feature of Priiloader. (Turn on beta updates)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1