Hacking Hackmii installer v0.5 released

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have never installed cioscorp but i did use dop-ios to update and trucha all my ios (seamed a great thing to do at the time) and now i cant install this update heh. I shall re-dop-ios 30 and see what happens
smile.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone elses HBC 1.0.5 freezing when left idle? Not sure if this has to do with the network settings or what.
wacko.gif

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
quick install question:

Bootmii installing:

put files on SD
same dir? or new dir?
install via HBC

----
will old hack.ini be overwritten?
should that be removed first?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
milcoi said:
quick install question:

Bootmii installing:

put files on SD
same dir? or new dir?
install via HBC

----
will old hack.ini be overwritten?
should that be removed first?

BootMii installs in same dir as before.
Install via HBC is ok.

hacks.ini has nothing to do with it, its preloader related. No need to remove.

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
Hah. I can't install it. I've been reinstalling IOSes like crazy but i just can't get it working .......

Can anyone post their good installer.log so I know what to reinstall to get it working ??

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
geedub said:
Benjay yes you can if you update the HBC ( with the new ID )

If you updated to v4.2:

* BootMii/boot2 was wiped only if your boot2 version was v2 or v3. Just reinstall it.

Don't quite get it. If an official update to 4.2 changes the pre LU64 sets from boot2 to boot2v4, reinstalling this version of bootmii will reinstate it back to the previous exploitable boot2?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Wack0 said:
Hah. I can't install it. I've been reinstalling IOSes like crazy but i just can't get it working .......

Can anyone post their good installer.log so I know what to reinstall to get it working ??

Just DOP IOS IOS 30 and you´re set to run the hackmii installer.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiNG said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
skawo96 said:
Blue-K said:
4) Anyone noticed the new Title ID
smileipb2.png
?
J0DI
smileipb2.png
Am I the only one that doesn't understand the significance of the "J0DI" TitleID?
Will someone explain it to me, please?
blink.gif
I'm only guessing, but it probably has something to do with Jodi Wykle. Google it.
NOPE!

I just figured it out! "J0DI" refers to Jodi Daugherty, Senior Director of Anti-Piracy, at Nintendo of America!
CLEVER!

biggrin.gif

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After turning on my Wii yesterday, I got an auto update option for Hackmii.
I succesfully:
Installed Bootmii
Installed DVDx
Installed HomeBrew
All is working fine.

would there be any problem to use the new marcs shopping channel installer?
Would this affect my allready installed Hackmii apps?

The-Kevster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Don't quite get it. If an official update to 4.2 changes the pre LU64 sets from boot2 to boot2v4, reinstalling this version of bootmii will reinstate it back to the previous exploitable boot2?

It's not the boot2 that exploitable but rather the boot1 which allows extra code in the boot2 to run. So Nintendo wipe your boot2 and install their latest version but they can't patch the boot1 (it's read only) so you just need to reinstall it.
yay.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The-Kevster said:
Bloodlust said:

It's not the boot2 that exploitable but rather the boot1 which allows extra code in the boot2 to run. So Nintendo wipe your boot2 and install their latest version but they can't patch the boot1 (it's read only) so you just need to reinstall it.
yay.gif

LOL... I'm getting a tad confused...

So what you mean before 4.2, I have an exploitable boot1 and boot2. After 4.2 official update my boot2 becomes boot2v4 but boot1 is untouched. So an install of bootmii from hackmii 0.5 restores it back to the old boot2.
blink.gif

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
will preloader still be able to boot to the new hbc?

no, the new hbc has a different ID... preloader wants to load HAXX, hbc is called JODI

there is some kind of thing someone made to fix this though ...

The-Kevster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
The-Kevster said:
Bloodlust said:

yay.gif

LOL... I'm getting a tad confused...

So what you mean before 4.2, I have an exploitable boot1 and boot2. After 4.2 official update my boot2 becomes boot2v4 but boot1 is untouched. So an install of bootmii from hackmii 0.5 restores it back to the old boot2.
blink.gif

It's the boot1 thats has the exploit not the boot2. Nintendo updating the boot2 deletes the extra code that bottmii installs so you just need to reinstall it. So you'll have boot2v4 with bootmii. It's not the boot2 that has the exploit, it just so happens that when they started shipping Wiis with boot2v4 they also updated the boot1 to remove the exploit.

T

tomservo6

All this is confusing as we all have different concerns on what homebrew things we want to keep. Here's my scenario. Tell me if I'm thinking through this correctly.

I'm on 4.1 system menu with the previous version of HBC.
I want to update both the system to 4.2 and HBC to 1.0.5.

Can I run the HBC, do the autoupdate (to 1.0.5) and then update the system to 4.2? Does the autoupdate add the exploits that works around 4.2?

Or do I have to do a fresh install with the new HackMii installer and then update to 4.2?

I don't have Indiana so can't install after 4.2 upgrade although I see there's a new Bannerbomb out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night