Hacking Hacking my Wii... again

Xta Large

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, today's the day. I've been out of the scene for a while so I wasn't here for many of the cool advancements that have been made. I want to work on my Wii for the following reasons (rocking 3.2 U) -

#1 - I heard Starfall, which I have installed, isn't as good as other options
#2 - I now have several games that I can't tuck away nicely in my display case because I can't play their backups (Error 002)
#3 - I'd love to retire my Gamecube games into the display case, since there's now a Gamecube loader I can do that but I've heard I need recent IOS's

So here's what I need to do, and what I may need instruction/redirection for -

#1 - I need to uninstall Starfall. I'll search for a thread here so that I can get that done. (EDIT - Apparently, all I need to do is boot Starfall and reverse the changes that have been made, which will be listed. I'd like someone to confirm this)
#2 - I'll uninstall my current backup loaders. Again, I can do that on my own.
#3 - I'll need to upgrade to the latest Wii and GC backup loaders, as well as a more recent Homebrew Channel if that's needed. This is where I'll need help, as I don't know what to look for here, what IOSs I'll need, etc.
#4 - I need to install Preloader in place of Starfall. This, I may need help with, as I've heard that installing things incorrectly will lead to a brick and I certainly don't want that.

If you can help me through this, that'd be great, cuz I need to be somewhere in a couple of hours.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What HBC version do you have? The latest is 1.0.1 and if you have internet the channel will have asked you to update by now.

The latest cIOS is Rev10. You can get it on Waninkoko's blog. Run the installer and you're good to go. You won't have to first uninstall the old version. This will fix the 002 error, just so you know.

The latest Wii disc loader is the Gamma version. The latest GCN Loader is 0.2 along with the bundled MIOS Patcher. They should be in the download section of the site.

Also, if you have an external harddrive, you should look into the USB Loader for your Wii games since it runs them faster than retail.

Finally, if you're going to stay on 3.2, you're alright sticking with Starfall as along as you have the TP Hack installed and Zelda to autoboot off of. If you plan on upgrading to 4.0 you should probably look into Preloader or do what I'm doing and wait for BootMii. =P

Xta Large

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any significant advantages to upgrading to 4.0 other than the SD menu? I can live without that.

Faster than retail? Wow, that sounds cool. Sadly, I don't have an external, but I'll look into getting one, that sounds pretty damn cool.

Alright, so really, all I have to do (since I plan on staying 3.2 unless 4.0 is truly better) is update HBC, install the new cIOS, and look for the GCN loader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe