Hacking Hacking DSi 2015?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've cracked open one of those to take a peek at it and gage how much work was needed to do a NAND mod (Which I declined at the time because fuck the contact point under the card reader, although I may mail it out and have it done later), and holy crap it looks terrifying lol.
Just use the alternate point on the back of the board.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there is also the possibility you are lucky and have a newer revision motherboard and have a nice big clk point alongside the rest of them like this
adj_M6gb.png

(kinda going off topic now though)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is DSI the same as 3DS? Why is this in 3DS section?

Had my hope up for newly DSIWARE hack :( seeing the thread title. Not this.

Last edited by tivu100,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yo, could I pay you to do that for me? I have $25 + shipping?
To be honest, the hardest part of it is getting everything to fit nicely because most of the points sit right under the stylus holder. You must use very thin wires.

Soldering isn't really anything out of the ordinary if you have a bit of practice.. You just need thin solder (like 0.5mm). Flux helps too.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use an x-acto on the solder mask covering the traces, or use a small fiberglass pen. Then, apply flux, and tin the point. Use 30+AWG wire to solder to the points, and make sure to flux and tin your wires as well. Keep the exposed wire to a minimum, and don't go above 30w on your iron, or below 15w, or you'll burn the trace and VIA. Use hot glue to keep the wires neatly in place, but don't use hot glue on the solder points themselves. If you have to remove them, you'll risk destroying the trace/pad if you hot glue the points.

Past that, take your time, and you'll be good.

Also, practice on a scrap board for a while if you're new or very inexperienced ( < 1 year experience).

Tips:
- Use Liquid Rosin Flux on your PCB and wires.
- Use leaded solder, at ~0.6mm diameter.
- You can use plumbers flux on your iron to re-tin the tip, and to tin your wires, but don't use it on your PCB.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally got my NAND to read! The problem was my wires were too long. I had to go back and shorten them up a little.

The error code that I got when I was able to read is: 0000FE00
Nice to have a confirm! I bought a DSiXL (SM SE) yesterday too, along with the exploit games, so I'll be all ready when my new JST headers come in and @WulfyStylez releases the exploit.

PS @WulfyStylez , you never did get back to me on my earlier question. Can we overwrite the updated SUDOKU with the older exploitable version using your hack, as long as we own it legitimately?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Also, practice on a scrap board for a while if you're new or very inexperienced ( < 1 year experience).
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah I don't think I'll be doing it anytime soon.

I may just update my console, but does the AK2i run on 1.4.5?

Edit: Apparently it does not. I'll have to make a decision then.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The AK2i was blocked in FW 1.4.5, and no updates have been released since. It is possible that the new exploit will cause even more development to happen on the DSi platform. If the exploit is updated, it's entirely possible, in theory anyway, to downgrade the blacklist through the DSiWare exploits. There is full NAND access after all. I'm not sure what other security is available on the DSi though, so it's yet unseen as to whether or not it'll have write access.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

My tip: just stay on your current firmware and make a NAND backup before upgrading (it should be possible with a hard mod). You need the mod anyways for the new exploit.

loco365

Trophies
XP
My tip: just stay on your current firmware and make a NAND backup before upgrading (it should be possible with a hard mod). You need the mod anyways for the new exploit.
Ah. I guess I will have to find someone to do it. If someone on GBAtemp did DSi NAND mods, I'd just opt for that, personally.

Edit: Where was it mentioned that you'd need to hardmod it? I've been looking to no avail.

Last edited by loco365,
Reactions: Retro_Mod_Gamer

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my system today, and after going through hell to nand mod it (ended up needing to run multiple ground wires b/c of interference) I managed to get my interface up and running. Title downgrading works great, I'm planning on testing save injection next.
The easiest thing to do would just explain dev.kp extraction and make a tool so people can resign their DSiwarehax tads, but i'll have a handful of tools I'll put out so people can mess around and try whatever. Also fwiw, dev.kp is encrypted and nobody's publicly explained how to decrypt it (probably purposely, knowing how the DSi scene was). I'll probably look into that next.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
To be honest, the hardest part of it is getting everything to fit nicely because most of the points sit right under the stylus holder. You must use very thin wires.

Soldering isn't really anything out of the ordinary if you have a bit of practice.. You just need thin solder (like 0.5mm). Flux helps too.
I'm just scared shitlesss....

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got my system today, and after going through hell to nand mod it (ended up needing to run multiple ground wires b/c of interference) I managed to get my interface up and running. Title downgrading works great, I'm planning on testing save injection next.
The easiest thing to do would just explain dev.kp extraction and make a tool so people can resign their DSiwarehax tads, but i'll have a handful of tools I'll put out so people can mess around and try whatever. Also fwiw, dev.kp is encrypted and nobody's publicly explained how to decrypt it (probably purposely, knowing how the DSi scene was). I'll probably look into that next.
That's awesome, I'll be ready to try it out pretty much as soon as you release it. If title downgrading works, does that include system titles? Unblocking Flashcarts would be great, considering even people in this thread are hesitant to update to buy the games thanks to their carts being blocked if they do.

I'm just scared shitlesss....
Mail me it then, ha ha. I'll take $25.00 USD + Shipping both ways. That's like, what? $35.00 CAD for me right now. I might operate in monopoly money, but damn it, the numbers are bigger!

Seriously though, if you want it done, PM me.

@WulfyStylez Shit... Opened my DSi XL, and it appears to be an undocumented revision...

13114517b0.png
374da05247.png

Last edited by Gadorach,
Reactions: piratesephiroth

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About to test this, hold on.
Awesome. Otherwise, any source for a pinout on the DSiXL? It's definitely not there on DSiBrew, sadly, and though I could probably map it by lifting the NAND, that's also something I'm not going to do to my retail unit with my exploitable games on it, ha ha. If someone has a dead DSiXL mainboard they want to ship me, however, that's a different story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding