Hacking Hacking DSi 2015?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Edit: Check the official thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/393659/

So, somewhat related to DSi hacking, I dumped some DSiWare from my 3DS the other day and have been working on a level viewer for the DSiWare game Reflect Missile (Or Trajectile for NA users):

7PJlk3S.png

It's coming along slowly, as I still have more block types to finish documenting (Which required me play the game to unlock all the classes), as well as graphics to get ripped (To replace all the ? tiles), but once I'm done I'll open source it for anyone that wants to turn it into an editor.

As a side note, if you have 500 spare points on your DSi from getting the haxx wares, I recommend getting this game. It's a lot of fun, and it's quite challenging too!

Edit: Quick update, but I've added some new features and some more tiles. Levels are beginning to look more and more complete!

tL4pwuh.png

All that's left to do:

1. Add a way to read the unused levels that have different offsets (They refuse to display properly)
2. Finish ripping some additional missing tiles and generate ico files for them
3. Get the hex equivalent of these missing tiles and add them to the program
4. Find an elegant way to parse the missile data

Features so far:
1. Loading of all files will be supported.
2. You can chose to save the image, or copy it to the clipboard (Right-click on the image)
3. It will provide level information.
4. Drag and drop! Drag valid .bs2 files onto the application to view them without having to go to the File menu!

Last edited by loco365,

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, somewhat related to DSi hacking, I dumped some DSiWare from my 3DS the other day and have been working on a level viewer for the DSiWare game Reflect Missile (Or Trajectile for NA users):

7PJlk3S.png

It's coming along slowly, as I still have more block types to finish documenting (Which required me play the game to unlock all the classes), as well as graphics to get ripped (To replace all the ? tiles), but once I'm done I'll open source it for anyone that wants to turn it into an editor.

As a side note, if you have 500 spare points on your DSi from getting the haxx wares, I recommend getting this game. It's a lot of fun, and it's quite challenging too!

Edit: Quick update, but I've added some new features and some more tiles. Levels are beginning to look more and more complete!

tL4pwuh.png

All that's left to do:

1. Add a way to read the unused levels that have different offsets (They refuse to display properly)
2. Finish ripping some additional missing tiles and generate ico files for them
3. Get the hex equivalent of these missing tiles and add them to the program
4. Find an elegant way to parse the missile data

Features so far:
1. Loading of all files will be supported.
2. You can chose to save the image, or copy it to the clipboard (Right-click on the image)
3. It will provide level information.
4. Drag and drop! Drag valid .bs2 files onto the application to view them without having to go to the File menu!
This is coming along really well, nice job!
After all this though, you know you have to make it an editor too. ;)

loco365

Trophies
XP
This is coming along really well, nice job!
After all this though, you know you have to make it an editor too. ;)
I actually opened a thread for it last night, and released a WIP source for it as well this morning: http://gbatemp.net/threads/393659/

I do have a few issues with making it into an editor right now though:
1. I'm not sure how I'd make the interface to allow for user interaction, since it just uses a picture viewer.
2. I'd have to do a lot more REing on it, which would take a ton of time, even if No$GBA does emulate it
3. Time constraints as school approaches

I do intend to release all that I have on it though so that the public may contribute, I just have a little bit left to do before I disclose my notes on this. However, if you peek into the source code, most of my documentation has made it into there, and you can probably figure out most of what I know purely from the source.

Reactions: Gadorach

Koksi__

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I hardmodded my DSi XL, get my CID, Console ID, injected Sudoku, but every time i got a green screen freeze.
So i mounted my NAND_DEC and deleted the public.sav and flashed the NAND back, but i think it was the decrypted NAND and i got the "0000FEFE" Error every time i start my DSi XL.
I flashed back the original NAND, but it doesnt help.
I can write and read the NAND, the dump is also working with nogba, but not with my DSi
What can i do?

Last edited by Koksi__,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.