Hacking RELEASE HACDN - Download game NCA files directly from Nintendo's CDN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work this way for the Switch. And the author of freeShop got jailed for a different crime.

Yea wasn't he jailed for kiddie pr0n or something like that?

Anyway, back up topic. This tool only downloads encrypted games with no title key. The data is completely useless without a title key and a way to load it. Not worth the risk at all at this point.

Last edited by CaptainLoozer,
Reactions: Minox

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've followed this thread and read everything. And let me be just write that we all really appreciate what you have done Simon. You are defending your project, which is really good.
But the more I read the more I agree with @SciresM about the thing he wrote to you. Not the "idiot" part etc etc, but the "open your eyes man-part". He wasn't trying to screw you over and make you feel bad, he was just trying to help you understand that this isn't something you can "play" with, since it's Nintendo we are dealing with.
From my point of view, he was trying to help you, I mean really help you even by using bad words and make you feel like an "idiot". But as I wrote above, you only are only defending this project, which is good, but please think about your own safety. Don't write your name in public EVEN though Nintendo won't do shit, it's still not worth it.
Like SciresM wrote, there is a reason why people who develop things stay hidden and anonymous, even though the risk is like 0.00001%, it's still not worth it.

Even though, great work, keep up the good work and please, in the first page just write "use this at your own risk" or something.
it's very misleading that it's first 100% safe then 50% safe all of the sudden. :)

Have a good day! :)

Last edited by Naxster,

patrizl001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly from what I see right now, this release is just a complete mess and needs more time. I'd say it would be best to just close the thread, take down the download links, continue working on making it safer, then check with some other guys if your script's A-OK and THEN release it. Right now it's just too much a risk.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
STOP USING THIS, A PATCH IS NECESSARY.

Wait... you thought I was done with the massive releases???
Here's one more!
This is HACDN, it's like ShogunTool, but on steroids!

Features:
  • Everything ShogunTool did, plus game download capabilities!
Dependencies:
But won't this allow piracy?
  • No, as this application cannot download titlekeys, and you can only extract titlekeys from your Switch for games you have legitimately purchased.
Usage:
  • Put in a title ID, get info and then click "Get the Game NCA!"
It will save the main NCA in a named folder (e.g. Super Mario Odyssey) in the "Games" folder.

Note: The application may go into "not responding" mode while downloading, this is normal.
So, theorically… if we all dump the keys from our games... and then.. I don't know, create a NXTTK website... this would be pretty much like Wii U USB Helper right?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, theorically… if we all dump the keys from our games... and then.. I don't know, create a NXTTK website... this would be pretty much like Wii U USB Helper right?
No, since you need a valid unique client certificate (dumped from your Switch) to even download, it's not. This is incredibly dangerous and Nintendo will most likely start banning client certificates using this app. OP is very much a noob and is making this up as he goes.

Read this for a detailed explaination why freeShop on Switch is unlikely:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/759myu/the_eshop_and_cdn_explained_switch_edition/

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(you know that's gonna happen anyway) and play it?
No, since you need a valid unique client certificate (dumped from your Switch) to even download, it's not. This is incredibly dangerous and Nintendo will most likely start banning client certificates using this app. OP is very much a noob and is making this up as he goes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/comments/759myu/the_eshop_and_cdn_explained_switch_edition/

Okay :v just wanted to be sure, I think eventually will come, I mean lots of stuff were "unlikely" on 3DS and Nintendont.. and yet, look at where we are!

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay :v just wanted to be sure, I think eventually will come, I mean lots of stuff were "unlikely" on 3DS and Nintendont.. and yet, look at where we are!
Nintendo made some big mistakes planning their CDN for 3DS and WiiU - they pretty much solved the big issues for the Switch CDN. Piracy will of course be possible, but not as easy as it was for 3DS/WiiU. And if you use this app, you're inviting Nintendo to ban you.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo made some big mistakes planning their CDN for 3DS and WiiU - they pretty much solved the big issues for the Switch CDN. Piracy will of course be possible, but not as easy as it was for 3DS/WiiU. And if you use this app, you're inviting Nintendo to ban you.
Not yet, im waiting for Atmosphere, and probably will do what I did with the Wii U, back up all my OG games and download eshop only titles for free lol xD

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I do not know why I love watching developers fight. Who else thinks equal? In spite of that they have a huge talent, I hope they continue to squeeze the console and do not stop. I am not against anyone, so I will leave two notes in favor of SimonMKWii and SciresM

This tool reminds me of a Bins burn. They will burn many certificates hehe but could improve with the suggested Scires, maybe it could be a Homebrew and simulate the download of the Eshop ?.

They should wait for the CFW since they do not need to sacrifice their certificates for using these WIP tools.

Some day SciresM and SimonMKWii will share a cell.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do not know why I love watching developers fight. Who else thinks equal? In spite of that they have a huge talent, I hope they continue to squeeze the console and do not stop. I am not against anyone, so I will leave two notes in favor of SimonMKWii and SciresM

This tool reminds me of a Bins burn. They will burn many certificates hehe but could improve with the suggested Scires, maybe it could be a Homebrew and simulate the download of the Eshop ?.

They should wait for the CFW since they do not need to sacrifice their certificates for using these WIP tools.

Some day SciresM and SimonMKWii will share a cell.
SciresM has not done anything illegal. SimonMKWii set up a titlekey website (he denies this now, but we know it's him) and posts warez while not hiding his actual identity well. Also, while SciresM knows what he's doing, researching how the Switch works, SimonMKWii is using fucking Visual Basic, bumbling from one fatal mistake to another, getting users banned left and right.

Reactions: awtgrduzwt5r9

Solid924

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
SciresM has not done anything illegal. SimonMKWii set up a titlekey website (he denies this now, but we know it's him) and posts warez while not hiding his actual identity well. Also, while SciresM knows what he's doing, researching how the Switch works, SimonMKWii is using fucking Visual Basic, bumbling from one fatal mistake to another, getting users banned left and right.

Can you please stop accusing and insulting other people? Seriously dude, what's your problem? Just chill out. Thanks.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This tool will straight up never be safe, nor is it 'freeShop' in the sense that people want to ascribe to the 3DS/WiiU scenes. We've basically stumbled through 'I haven't been banned, therefore undetectable' logic to a point where even after multiple revisions its still completely a crapshoot on fingerprinting yourself against authentication servers.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you please stop accusing and insulting other people? Seriously dude, what's your problem? Just chill out. Thanks.
Where did I insult him? Do you think it's OK for him to get other users banned? He's added a note for users not to use this app to the OP now, but he hasn't said why. He's been warned many times about his app's shortcoming and still claimed it's "100% SAFE" (later it was "50% SAFE"). This is irresponsible and I do hope he makes good on his claim that he takes "full responsibility".

This tool will straight up never be safe, nor is it 'freeShop' in the sense that people want to ascribe to the 3DS/WiiU scenes. We've basically stumbled through 'I haven't been banned, therefore undetectable' logic to a point where even after multiple revisions its still completely a crapshoot on fingerprinting yourself against authentication servers.
This.

Reactions: awtgrduzwt5r9

Dr.doom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be safe eventually but you need to have a fake key to download the titles then a tool to replace the fake key with yours to decrypt otherwise it'll be sniffed out by Nintendo .

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be safe eventually but you need to have a fake key to download the titles then a tool to replace the fake key with yours to decrypt otherwise it'll be sniffed out by Nintendo .

There's no such thing as a fake key. Keys are generated at the factory for a given unit, they are finite and pre-defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7