Hacking Guys will you abandon the wii u hacking scene when the switch comes out

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean leave when the Switch is released! I have left the wiiu scene already! Its like the 3ds scene was first off, it started of very interesting and then it exploded with every man & his dog coming out of the blue mainly when free proper backup loading came around! The wiiu scene along while back when Firmware 5.3.2 first started this Homebrew thread was so quiet and nice and interesting and now its like Friday down at Morrisons Supermarket! That's why I have mainly lost interest in the wiiu scene now not because of the new Switch coming :(

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the Wii U Hacking scene won't even come close to stopping when the Switch comes out for the sole reason that the Switch is not hacked, I will be buying it and keeping it offline most
of the time in an effort to be ready when the time does come, but as of yet, it will not for some time.

The Wii U has access to all of the past consoles and is now being made fully exploited, which means the Switch will only have it's current games to keep it going, which of course I'll be getting :3

I say unless your not as eager as the rest of us for the new releases and the almost definite possibility that it can play GameCube games on the go, you should wait until you feel like it, which for most people will be after
an exploit is brought to the light and all the kiddies come in asking how to get Xbox and PS2 games on it.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Abandon Wii U hacking scene when Switch comes out" because when switch comes out there will instantly be a hacking scene obvs, just like the Wii U, oh and there was that 2~3 year gap where nobody did anything.

Also what's with all the hate for Switch? A new operating system written from scratch? Fuck yes, the CafeOS was limited, developers had to learn a whole new programming structure, no wonder there was no 3rd party support.

No backwards compatibility? Well it's not like the Wii U will hold its current value anyway, so basically you get lots of cheap games and consoles soon or you sell now and buy the Switch with what you got, they should do an Apple and have trade in deals.

Either way most of us here are grown up and can afford to buy ourselves gaming treats, or maybe not, by the sounds of all this bitching about no backwards compatibility they're all scared they won't get a switch as a gift for years, but that could work in our favour by keeping those with younger and arguably more brain cells focused on expanding the possibilities of the console so many already have.

I have never bought a console within 3 years of it's debut, this never been disappointed by lack of games, high prices or server DDoS like Sony's past few Christmas extravaganzas.

Komennasay gozaimasu.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii u hacking scene is essentially 100% based around piracy. So no, i cant see people abandoning their Wii u that can haz free gamez
More like 95℅ There are some interesting NSMBU and SSBU mods. With CFW we will be able to run homebrew that can actually use the wiiu to a greater potential; so we will see better emus at least.

Last edited by x65943,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Wii U scene will take off once we get the IOSU exploit, then potentially RedNAND or CFW. Maybe that'll entice developers to embrace the format. It's not really the fault of end users that so little homebrew has appeared.

It is strange, though. The Vita scene took off so fast and is still going strong.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U scene will take off once we get the IOSU exploit, then potentially RedNAND or CFW. Maybe that'll entice developers to embrace the format. It's not really the fault of end users that so little homebrew has appeared.

It is strange, though. The Vita scene took off so fast and is still going strong.

The IOSU exploit and cfw are here. Rednand is public. What we need is cfw that patches Sig checks.

Last edited by x65943,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't leave the scene considering it just exploded. CFW, IOSU exploit, usb loading, and rednand all in a week. Sadly nobody cares about the cfw, iosu exploit, and rednand because no piracy :glare:

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
With CFW we will be able to run homebrew that can actually use the wiiu to a greater potential; so we will see better emus at least.
Not 100% true; from a number-crunching standpoint we had all the power the console had to offer when the PowerPC kernel was cracked. It's a testament to the development process homebrewers have to deal with that this power hasn't been made use of yet. All a proper CFW would bring (homebrew-wise) is USB and that sweet, sweet exception handler.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not 100% true; from a number-crunching standpoint we had all the power the console had to offer when the PowerPC kernel was cracked. It's a testament to the development process homebrewers have to deal with that this power hasn't been made use of yet. All a proper CFW would bring (homebrew-wise) is USB and that sweet, sweet exception handler.

Exactly, with regards to emulators, it's a matter of porting them over; what I wish was possible was a permanently installed HBL like with the Wii :P Sadly, I don't think it's feasible on the Wii U without a web exploit.

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto