Hacking Guitar Hero 5

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
the wii can be placed in 2 position laying flat(horizontal) and on its side(vertical). when describing usb ports you would say the positions as if the faceplate was facing you not you facing the usbs, thats the way ive picked it up ever since my first hack

but still how would that mean putting disks in upside down lol

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never mind upside down disks for now.

after Rev 14, uLoader still doesn't wanna cooperate. It'll either say No WBFS Partition, or Error Ret 121. Same as before. And now USB Loader GX Won't load at all.

I had trouble with Rev 14 before, it killing compatibility with my USB Device (iPod 5G 60GB). It wasn't plugged in when I installed either. This is giving me a headache.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The fact that you are using a fucking iPod for storage would have something to do with it n00b
tongue.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
spark32 said:
Never mind upside down disks for now.

after Rev 14, uLoader still doesn't wanna cooperate. It'll either say No WBFS Partition, or Error Ret 121. Same as before. And now USB Loader GX Won't load at all.

I had trouble with Rev 14 before, it killing compatibility with my USB Device (iPod 5G 60GB). It wasn't plugged in when I installed either. This is giving me a headache.

simply reinstall rev 13 it wii overwrite 14 but compatibility should be better but ipods i dont really no, what uloader version do u have?, i have 2.8d using 222/223 rev 3 and works perfect with all game on my hdd

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, we seem to go through this headache everytime a new extremely anticipated game is released, and that is, mixed issues of compatibility, etc (Ghostbusters comes to mind). So here's my suggestion: IF you have the game working for you, then tell us EXACTLY what you have installed, to the best of your knowledge. This includes:

• What loader (if any) you are using, and whether or not you are using a disc loader (like Gecko or NeoGamma), USB loader or disc channel
  • What settings in said loader you are using
  • What cIOSes you have installed
  • What system firmware you are using
  • Whether or not you have a Modchip or not

Thats IF you have the game running. So please, give your fellow gamers a hand IF you have it working. Thanks.

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 2.8D, using 222/223 rev (rev that came with 2.8D). And yeah I already switched back to rev 13 IOS 249.

And I don't see how it being an iPod has got anything to do with it.

I'm having the same problem as everyone else and it's worked for all of my other games.

edit: Thanks Tripellex, that should be very helpful once we get a couple of people working.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think its rev 3 that comes with 2.8d but rev 2 and doesnt work for 2.8d, well it didnt for me anyway. an ipod isnt really classed as a usb hdd and has limited compatability with some cIOS's

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
grentuu said:
Just spent 2 hours sorting this and got it working

Installed custom cios using hermes

Installed 222 and 223 with merged 36 /37

Loaded with uloader first time
I did this and it does not work.
I'll second that!! Using softmod 4.0 NeoGamma. Doesn't work with cIOSCROP, either. I've tried both disk and SD but they don't work. Disks give me error 002 in every loader, and SD gives me a black screen...it's the exact same with cIOS249, btw....if that helps any.

Also, I installed IOS38 WAD from NUS suggested above.

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
i dont think its rev 3 that comes with 2.8d but rev 2 and doesnt work for 2.8d, well it didnt for me anyway. an ipod isnt really classed as a usb hdd and has limited compatability with some cIOS's

Can you lead me to somewhere I can download rev3? Google ain't helping me out on this one.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
spark32 said:
pepxl said:

Can you lead me to somewhere I can download rev3? Google ain't helping me out on this one.

i think this is "Rev 3" not sure, ill pull it off the original site i think i have it book marked

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is rev 3, and rest assured it does work. I tested it on three Wii consoles tonight. Remember, installing 223 with 37 merge 36 is NOT enough. You must set the game in your loader to use cIOS 223 when done.

Trust me and use Configurable USB Loader for the task...it works just fine. Quite a song list in this game I might add!

PopeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this game working with the hermes ios222/223 method but it seems that my guitar doesn't work with this game. I have one of those nyko frontman guitars. Any of you guys have the same problem? I mean, the game works flawlessly, the guitar just doesn't.

skunk123punk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tripellex said:
Okay guys, we seem to go through this headache everytime a new extremely anticipated game is released, and that is, mixed issues of compatibility, etc (Ghostbusters comes to mind). So here's my suggestion: IF you have the game working for you, then tell us EXACTLY what you have installed, to the best of your knowledge. This includes:

• What loader (if any) you are using, and whether or not you are using a disc loader (like Gecko or NeoGamma), USB loader or disc channel
  • What settings in said loader you are using
  • What cIOSes you have installed
  • What system firmware you are using
  • Whether or not you have a Modchip or not

Thats IF you have the game running. So please, give your fellow gamers a hand IF you have it working. Thanks.

OK, I don't understand why everyone is having so much trouble running this.

I am on a PAL Wii firmware 4.0E and have not touched the ISO in any way and have no mod chip.

1st install ISO 223 using this guide http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 just use the install 223 with IOS 37 merged with 36 option.

then reboot the Wii, and load up USB Loader GX, go into the settings of Guitar Hero 5 and then "Game Load" and change the "ISO" to 223 and "Error 002 fix" to ON and then click "Save".

Press "B" twice and click the spinning disk and you should have a working GH5.

Skunk

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
So, you can install 222 as 37 merge 36 OR 223 as 37 merge 36. Either of these installs will allow the game to work with Configurable USB Loader. I did not test any other loaders...
this works perfectly for me on usbloader gx 715, with rev14.

parrurreichon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so you cant do the home button trick for disc softmod loading like in ghostbusters?

I guess that ill buy a flashdrive tomorrow XD , is a Sandisk 8GB Cruzer drive any good? im low on budget and that drive seems perfect for me

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I have done every possible combination of things mentioned in this guide and I still can't get this to run.

I'm thinking it's because I'm running on 3.2. Should I upgrade via Waninkoko method to 4.0? And then what will I do instead of Starfall?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii is on 3.2U and has a Wiikey1. I had brickblocked the iso before burning to a DVD and then when running it through the disc channel I just got a black screen. I extracted the IOS56 that is on the original iso and installed in with Wad Manager and then I was able to run the game through the disc channel. Next I tried the game with USB Configurable Loader using Hermes cIOS223 with IOS37 merged with 36 and the game works perfectly. No need for the error 2 fix option to be on (but doesn't an error #2 just mean you don't have the proper updates that the games needs to run?).

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
spark32 said:
OK I have done every possible combination of things mentioned in this guide and I still can't get this to run.

I'm thinking it's because I'm running on 3.2. Should I upgrade via Waninkoko method to 4.0? And then what will I do instead of Starfall?
It's definitely not because you are on 3.2 because I am on 3.2 and it works perfectly both through the disc channel and the USB loader.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
zektor said:
So, you can install 222 as 37 merge 36 OR 223 as 37 merge 36. Either of these installs will allow the game to work with Configurable USB Loader. I did not test any other loaders...
this works perfectly for me on usbloader gx 715, with rev14.

Then you have to be pretty special, considering everyone else's account of trying it with rev14 ended up in a black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof