Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
And yet I still can't get my update to work... "An error occurred"
I've tried on port 80, disabling firewall, running as root... still gives me the fucking error.

By the way, my network setup is like this:
Code:
Modem
   |
   |
Router
    |
(ethernet0)
   |
a Mac Pro for a bridge - (Wifi) - my New Nintendo 3DS
   |
(ethernet1)
   |
my laptop which is hosting the php server and connecting to the 3ds with NTR Debugger

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
And yet I still can't get my update to work... "An error occurred"
I've tried on port 80, disabling firewall, running as root... still gives me the fucking error.

By the way, my network setup is like this:
Code:
Modem
   |
   |
Router
    |
(ethernet0)
   |
a Mac Pro for a bridge - (Wifi) - my New Nintendo 3DS
   |
(ethernet1)
   |
my laptop which is hosting the php server and connecting to the 3ds with NTR Debugger
Don't directly use this method unless you join Ronhero's private beta test group.
The original method is partially outdated.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you pay for the international shipping?
Even if you're willing to do that, I will tell you that it's more expensive and taking more time to receive it than buy one on Amazon JP.
BTW, for normal people, they can't ship Sky3DS because they don't know how to avoid their Sky3DSes being forfeited by custom - since some countries have treated that as illegal.
Amazon JP + forwarding service + shipping = 8000JPY, roughly. I could pay for shipping both ways in Europe for about 20% of that

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Amazon JP + forwarding service + shipping = 8000JPY, roughly. I could pay for shipping both ways in Europe for about 20% of that
For example, China to Germany.
DHL - 660 RMB (about 103 USD)
EMS - 220 RMB (about 34 USD)
Dunno for the returning cost though.

It seems that you can only expect renting JPN_CN/Sky3DS from Europe.
Otherwise 8000 JPY (about 65 USD) is definitely cheaper.

Furthermore, owning a Cubic Ninja also helps you increasing HBL boot rate & insuring HBL boot since other haxes have unstable issue such as Sliderhax always sucks on JPN O3DS.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
For example, China to Germany.
DHL - 660 RMB (about 103 USD)
EMS - 220 RMB (about 34 USD)
Dunno for the returning cost though.

It seems that you can only expect renting JPN_CN/Sky3DS from Europe.
Otherwise 8000 JPY (about 65 USD) is definitely cheaper.

Furthermore, owning a Cubic Ninja also helps you increasing HBL boot rate & insuring HBL boot since other haxes have unstable issue such as Sliderhax always sucks on JPN O3DS.
I can ship to China 5-7 days for about £8, but it isn't tracked and I'm sure we all know what happens to half the stuff that isn't tracked :P

Does anyone know of any Japanese second hand or auctions sites, besides Yahoo Auctions?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yea guy's a hard copy of cubic ninja is a 100% must and yes sky3ds is considered a hard copy.

For whatever reason I cannot get the files to host online so I'm going to start offering send away services after the holiday weekend. There will be a new thread soon that will replace the old one that I shut down due to negativity and disbelief hence the hype train for nay-sayers.

You can feel free to contact myself or @cultopi for information. It will be $6 return shipping and a convince fee to be determined later. Hope you all have a good holiday

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea guy's a hard copy of cubic ninja is a 100% must and yes sky3ds is considered a hard copy.

For whatever reason I cannot get the files to host online so I'm going to start offering send away services after the holiday weekend. There will be a new thread soon that will replace the old one that I shut down due to negativity and disbelief hence the hype train for nay-sayers.

You can feel free to contact myself or @cultopi for information. It will be $6 return shipping and a convince fee to be determined later. Hope you all have a good holiday

so does this mean there won't be a tutorial on how to setup your own server and update by yourself?

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does this mean there won't be a tutorial on how to setup your own server and update by yourself?
Yes simply because some bastards (sky3ds, GW, others) would steal it and use it to maximize their profit. You can see it in pic.

Attachments

• n3ds.jpg
    n3ds.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited by cultopi,

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, alright. makes sense, but that also butchers everyone else.

but do remember that for every 8.1.0-0J there is, you're giving gateway more profit.
Yes, so we can have people stop buying GW after they upgrade it to 9.1J. If you have CN/sky3ds, PM Ronhero for an update window (I said this without asking him >_<). If you don't have a copy of sky/cn, I can setup ebay listing for buy and refund after use. You may send a small renting fee after refunding

Last edited by cultopi,

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, so we can have people stop buying GW after they upgrade it to 9.1J.

you do know that there's more risk in people shipping their consoles to you than just paying for $60 for a gateway right?

number of issues right here:
1. courier -> they will throw your package around like a ragdoll guaranteed. getting a good courier would at least cost more than ~$30 to ship to the states, plus or minus insurance fees of course. there's also the shipping duration.
2. taxation -> some countries would tax you if you declare the package if it's worth X amount. if you declare the package as lower than what it's worth, you're gonna have insurance issues.
3. trust -> a youtube video and all is good for proof, but do you really expect people to trust you easily with just that?

for $60, you can just have your own gateway, with direct peace of mind that you won't have to trust others to handle your 3DS.

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know that there's more risk in people shipping their consoles to you than just paying for $60 for a gateway right?

number of issues right here:
1. courier -> they will throw your package around like a ragdoll guaranteed. getting a good courier would at least cost more than ~$30 to ship to the states, plus or minus insurance fees of course. there's also the shipping duration.
2. taxation -> some countries would tax you if you declare the package if it's worth X amount. if you declare the package as lower than what it's worth, you're gonna have insurance issues.
3. trust -> a youtube video and all is good for proof, but do you really expect people to trust you easily with just that?

for $60, you can just have your own gateway, with direct peace of mind that you won't have to trust others to handle your 3DS.
Initially that was what I thought, immediately I know there would be a trusting issue. So I am offering buy-and-refund on ebay for CN/sky3ds. This way you only need to pay shipping for both ways and since it is a cartridge, shipping is cheap. And a small gratitude if you may :)

Last edited by cultopi,

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making money by updating? And I should send my device to somebody I don't know? I'd rather buy gateway card instead.
who is doing that ? Mine is free except you have to pay shipping yourself and you don't have to send your console to someone you don't know. Gratitude is totally up to you after you return my CN/Sky3ds.

Last edited by cultopi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff