Hacking Guide to translating Wii U games?

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent seen anything anywhere but does anyone know if there is a guide on how to extract in game text and then inject translations of that text?

• Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo
D

Deleted User

Loadiine format, and then translate 1500 files and hope that Wii U supports your language. [If Wii U is missing fonts then jesus christ, it will look something like this "H?aeo h?w you ?ng?", no joke]

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So pretty much the following:

• Convert JAP WiiU game from say WUD format to Loadiine format (i believe Uwizard can do this?)
  • Translate files
  • Repack or leave as Loadiine format
  • Cross fingers?
I assume the text that is going to be translated is sitting most likely in the content folder under the data folder you get when you convery to Loadiine?

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

So pretty much the following:

• Convert JAP WiiU game from say WUD format to Loadiine format (i believe Uwizard can do this?)
  • Translate files
  • Repack or leave as Loadiine format
  • Cross fingers?
I assume the text that is going to be translated is sitting most likely in the content folder under the data folder you get when you convery to Loadiine?
Yeah, this should work. I did same thing but i gave up after finding out that Wii U doesn't support polish symbols c:

Reactions: flashkraker

Viga Skywalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to dig up the topic ... but please, help me: I'm very willing to translate two WiiU games, because my little nephews play, but they're just pining to say what they say on the screen, because they do not speak English. I need to translate two games, since I have a lot of desire to translate, but for starters, I'm going to Mario Maker that should be the game that has fewer texts to get the practice.
Now I need to know which applications to use to extract and to edit ... type I want the basic step-by-step how to extract / use files and translate the texts to then post back to the console. I'm waiting for the answers and my nephews will thank you !!

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are there any efforts at all to translate any of the Wii U Japan exclusive to English? Dragon Quest X Wii U is likely too big a game to ever get that treatment, but there are others wii never got over here, and given that we got so few games in general, having even one more is a big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!