• Views 700,862
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

cathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The exploit isn't stored on your memory card and is not persistent, it has to be reinstalled after every reboot. Just do a complete backup with QCMA, copy things like ROMs and BIOs to your PC (if you have them) and then restore everything to the new memory card and run install Henkaku again via the web browser.

Sweet, thanks!

Dochartaigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Henkaku. Just bought a PS3 to authorize my Vita (or whatever it's called). My goal is to install Adrenaline PSP firmware to play PS1 games (RetroArch isn't cutting it).

Can someone confirm that I can buy a PS1 game from the PSN store instead of downloading a PSP demo in order to install Adrenaline? Was thinking of buying FInal Fantasy VII for my Vita.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have Henkaku. Just bought a PS3 to authorize my Vita (or whatever it's called). My goal is to install Adrenaline PSP firmware to play PS1 games (RetroArch isn't cutting it).

Can someone confirm that I can buy a PS1 game from the PSN store instead of downloading a PSP demo in order to install Adrenaline? Was thinking of buying FInal Fantasy VII for my Vita.

No need to; download and install the PSP Bubble Installer, run it and it'll install a small game file, then install Adrenaline onto that as you would a regular PSP basegame using the Adrenaline Easy Installer. Here's the thread detailing it.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

As mentioned, there's no need to download a PSP base game anymore.

But, to answer your question anyways, PS1 games would not work as they run in a separate sandbox from the PSP emu itself.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Dochartaigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to; download and install the PSP Bubble Installer, run it and it'll install a small game file, then install Adrenaline onto that as you would a regular PSP basegame using the Adrenaline Easy Installer. Here's the thread detailing it.

Thanks. I saw that earlier today - but know my Vita has never been activated before, so I stopped reading that topic since I thought I STILL had to download a PSP demo to fully activate my Vita (which I still think is the case). So it's good to know I can't buy a PSone game (and will need to download a PSP demo). I'm now off to research the best way to activate (unless somebody has a quick link bookmarked ;)

...don't even know if I should reformat/system restore this used PS3 I got either (know I have to sign into the PSN store on it)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I saw that earlier today - but know my Vita has never been activated before, so I stopped reading that topic since I thought I STILL had to download a PSP demo to fully activate my Vita (which I still think is the case). So it's good to know I can't buy a PSone game (and will need to download a PSP demo). I'm now off to research the best way to activate (unless somebody has a quick link bookmarked ;)

...don't even know if I should reformat/system restore this used PS3 I got either (know I have to sign into the PSN store on it)
A PS1 game will still activate your Vita, you just can't install Adrenaline to it. So if you really want that PS1 game, go ahead and buy it and transfer and then use the bubble installer to get a PSP demo.

And there's only one way to activate, which is in the OP of this very topic (via a PS3).

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
D

Deleted User

OP
So I've been installing some of the old hacks and exploits onto my 3.35 Vita today. However, I've ran into an issue with Rejuvenate and the PSM Unity Dev Assistant...

I've set up the Rejuvenate folder via SETUP.BAT, imported the publisher key, app key, and device seed into PSM Publishing Utility, and I have wrote all the neccessary files to the Vita through the email exploit.
When that was all done, I went and tested my new VitaDefilerClient installation on my Vita, but all I got was "Failed the authentication to execute application. Please re-create a Device Seed and App Key using the Unity Editor or Publishing Utility."

I think I might have a fix in mind for that which I used to use a year or so ago, however that's not all that was broken. I dragged and dropped the hello_world.elf onto the run_homebrew_unity.bat to see if everything was okay there, but VitaDefiler just ended up crashing and gave me the following exception:
Code:
Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An unknown, invalid, or unsupported option or level was specified in a getsockopt or setsockopt call
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.setMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Object optionValue)
   at VitaDefiler.PSM.ConnectionFinder.InitSockets()
   at VitaDefiler.PSM.ConnectionFinder.GetPlayerForWireless(Nullable`1 player)
   at VitaDefiler.PSM.ExploitFinder.<>c__DisplayClass7.<CreateFromWireless>b__3(String serial)
   at VitaDefiler.PSM.Vita.Start()
   at VitaDefiler.Exploit.Connect(Boolean useUsb, Action`1 consoleCallback)
   at VitaDefiler.PSM.ExploitFinder.CreateFromWireless(Nullable`1 player, String package, Boolean noExploit, Exploit& exploit, String& host, Int32& port)
   at VitaDefiler.Defiler.Setup(IPlayer hint, ProgressCallback pgs, String package, Boolean enableGui, Boolean noExploit)
   at VitaDefilerConsole.Program.Main(String[] args)

I had taken a look at the troubleshooting at the bottom of the readme, but I checked I had all the prerequisites installed, even redownloading and reinstalling at the same time, but didn't make a difference at all.
One thing to note though, weirdly enough, is that it wouldn't allow me to install both .NET frameworks at all, as apparently they're "already part of the operating system" (I'm currently running Windows 10), however my old Win10 PC had absolutely no trouble at all running VitaDefiler...

I mean, I could always whip out my old PC, but it's such a broken PC now that it would just be such an inconvenience for whenever I want to use Rejuvenate again...

Has anyone else gone through this same trouble with VitaDefiler as me, and got it fixed up? If so, I'd love some advice and guidance as to what you did! :)

Last edited by ,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question

Is online/store blocked on anything below FW 3.61, or can we somehow spoof it to access either?

Am a complete noob to PS vita, sorry.

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys sorry if this is already ask or rejected, the question is can we install pro-cfw in adrenaline menu (epsp) to play psx? thanks for the one who will answer clearly

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
hey guys sorry if this is already ask or rejected, the question is can we install pro-cfw in adrenaline menu (epsp) to play psx? thanks for the one who will answer clearly
No. Adrenaline is its own CFW, you wouldn't be able to install another CFW over it. Not to mention it'd have to be rewritten to work with ePSP mode anyways.

PSX support in ePSP mode also requires additional workarounds to function correctly. This is because the Vita doesn't have the same hardware as the PSP did and has to emulate certain things (mainly sound for PS1 games). This is why ARK has PSX support...but no sound at all, and why the early version of TN-Vs eCFW with PS1 support had shoddy sound until they managed to get into Vita's PS1-emu.

Adrenaline will be updated eventually to add full PS1 support, sound most likely included, so either use ARK without sound or RetroArch's native emulator for slightly laggy, better looking games with sound until then.

Pai_joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Need help please...
I want to change my 16 G memory cards to 32 G...
is there a way to change it whitout install henkaku & meloculer shell again...
How about memcardswap..
Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Pai_joe,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Need help please...
I want to change my 16 G memory cards to 32 G...
is there a way to change it whitout install henkaku & meloculer shell again...
How about memcardswap..
Sorry for my bad english
Henkaku is not installed to the memory card, there's nothing you can do to "Transfer" it. But it makes no difference, just switch your memory card, reboot, and install Henkaku from the web browser again. You'll never be forced to update, Sony's not going to ban you, you won't lose anything you've installed. There's literally nothing bad about rebooting and installing Henkaku again.

Memcardswap lets you switch one memory card between multiple Vita's, not multiple memory cards without rebooting.

Reactions: Pai_joe

Pai_joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Henkaku is not installed to the memory card, there's nothing you can do to "Transfer" it. But it makes no difference, just switch your memory card, reboot, and install Henkaku from the web browser again. You'll never be forced to update, Sony's not going to ban you, you won't lose anything you've installed. There's literally nothing bad about rebooting and installing Henkaku again.

Memcardswap lets you switch one memory card between multiple Vita's, not multiple memory cards without rebooting.
Thanks..I'm understand now

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me, but I am terribly confused about the use of Vita backups.

That I can figure, there seems to have been two ways of dumping games. Mai and Vitaman. Vitaman seems to be deprecated, and I should use Mai I guess (for installing)?

So, one of these produces a folder and the other a VPK. The VPK one is straightforward, but I have one dump as a folder and I can't for the life of me figure out how the fuck to install it. From what I read elsewhere, it seems to suggest that I need to put it in the card's /mai directory and view it within the Mai tool from the second option. Doing so shows nothing though and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by Gamemaster1379,
D

Deleted User

OP
Forgive me, but I am terribly confused about the use of Vita backups.

That I can figure, there seems to have been two ways of dumping games. Mai and Vitaman. Vitaman seems to be deprecated, and I should use Mai I guess (for installing)?

So, one of these produces a folder and the other a VPK. The VPK one is straightforward, but I have one dump as a folder and I can't for the life of me figure out how the fuck to install it. From what I read elsewhere, it seems to suggest that I need to put it in the card's /mai directory and view it within the Mai tool from the second option. Doing so shows nothing though and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
There is an option in the latest VitaShell to install the folder directly from the /mai/ directory (Or from any directory for that matter). Just highlight the folder you wish to install, press triangle for options, then go to 'more' -> 'install folder'. Your maidump should now be moved to the app folder and promoted to the LiveArea.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1