Hacking GUI USB Loader

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to compile the latest source, I get an error about no rule to create a settings file. Where does it need me to create that file?

CODE
wiidisc.c
patchhook.S
font.ttf
bin2s -a 32 /c/Users/Csdfg/Desktop/nixxgui4-15-130pm-untouched/source/fonts/font.ttf | powerpc-gekko-as -o font.ttf.o
echo "extern const u8" `(echo font.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo font.ttf | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u8" `(echo font.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo font.ttf | tr . _)`.h
echo "extern const u32" `(echo font.ttf | sed -e 's/^\([0-9]\)/_\1/' | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo font.ttf | tr . _)`.h
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Settings', needed by `/c/Users/Csdfg/Desktop/nixxgui4-15-130pm-untouched/boot.elf'. Stop.
"make": *** [build] Error 2

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>
nevermind. I fixed it. You had a file called "settings menu preview.png"
It ended up in the makefile and the spaces in the file name screwed me up.
I just edited the filename, and it's working.

But it still has the same bugs I was talking about.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@giantpune Ok if you got the bug with the new version too. i'll try to look at snes9x GX code for the scrollbar. Is anyone else having that problem?

Rotating discimages added to the BootGame Window.

The discimage is loaded of sd:/images/disc/ and needs to be 160x160 size and have to have the GameID.png as the name (like covers too) . If no discimage is found our standard is being loaded.

For those who want to test it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ykywzkq2nz

If anyone could give us a bunch of discimages in 160x160 size it would be really great. Thanks in advance.

grama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dimok said:
@giantpune Ok if you got the bug with the new version too. i'll try to look at snes9x GX code for the scrollbar. Is anyone else having that problem?

Rotating discimages added to the BootGame Window.

The discimage is loaded of sd:/images/disc/ and needs to be 160x160 size and have to have the GameID.png as the name (like covers too) . If no discimage is found our standard is being loaded.

For those who want to test it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ykywzkq2nz

If anyone could give us a bunch of discimages in 160x160 size it would be really great. Thanks in advance.

It's perfect the disc stuff.. I'm just having problems with the battery meter that it's not working properly, just 3 os 4 battery_blue_pnp are showing.. The battery_pnp is showing for the 4.. And it's not mensuring right, 'cause my control it's in half battery and in the loader is showing like full... solveing this problem I'll test the whole functions.

Thanks for the great job!!
gbasp.gif

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know where to find disc labels that are transparent around the disc and in the middle? Also, if the disc isn't quite the right size, the outline of a white disc under it is visible, would probably look better without that.

One feature request for the future would be the ability to download covers and disc art from the web.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the disk spinning is a very cool feature, but it would look much nicer if we could make the case and disk a little smaller so they don't overlap each other. I'd like to have full view of the case as well. Keep up the good work

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

ill get every single pal ntsc-j and ntsc-u resized and uploaded to this thread by this evening bro...np got a tool thats perfect for this and free
wink.gif

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your replies mates... i know that some of the graphics are still "buggy" but it's more like a trial n error game
tongue.gif
. I will make them alls smooth and fit better for the spinning disc. I think it's because i put the dropshadow on the background graphic. I'll figure something out for the next build.

EDIT: vettacossx maybe you could also make the middle of the discs transparent for a better look with the GUI
tongue.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
to the above poster thanks for the links i used this one http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/index.php .. but will book those as well
smile.gif

best i could do with the batch converter but the res is proper
tongue.gif
im missing a few pics im sure (lost a handful converting) but this is the mass of them at 160x160...let me know if that mirror isnt good for you ill up it to another server....

1335 pics at 160x160 png anamorphic 2:1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tljzja

Video of the channel version i put together today...this shows the increase in compatibility with the Patch Video option
smile.gif

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
to the above poster thanks for the links i used this one http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/index.php .. but will book those as well
smile.gif

tongue.gif
im missing a few pics im sure (lost a handful converting) but this is the mass of them at 160x160...let me know if that mirror isnt good for you ill up it to another server....

Awww man i though these are the discs not the covers. What we need is discs.

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif

Video of the channel version i put together today...this shows the increase in compatibility with the Patch Video option
smile.gif

could I get a link to a dol or a wad for this verison???

Thanks a lot!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
sure you can
tongue.gif
ill upload the files...

guiLoader Channel.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jzt824

also sorry i grabed the wrong files thought it was box covers (not disc covers)

ill see how many i can get from that link (if anyone has them in ANY SIZE and wants to share them i can resize them pretty quickly though...i sourced a torrent with a few ill see what i can do though
smile.gif

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
QUOTE said:
sure you can
tongue.gif
ill upload the files...

guiLoader Channel.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jzt824

also sorry i grabed the wrong files thought it was box covers (not disc covers)

ill see how many i can get from that link (if anyone has them in ANY SIZE and wants to share them i can resize them pretty quickly though...i sourced a torrent with a few ill see what i can do though
smile.gif

Yeah covers have to be 160x224 and have to be in sd:/images/.

It would be really great if you get disc images in 160x160 and png 16m colors. Dont do 256 colors they are not working. The disc images have to be in sd:/images/disc/

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
kk ill see what i can do when this torrent finishes bro
smile.gif
wish me luck
tongue.gif

btw that wads ID is Domk ( it was suppose to be dmok but i typoed so its domk lol) so you prob dont have to worry bout the install i made it with icefires wadder 1.2
wink.gif

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have figured out a way to get all the images from console covers without paying (yay for poorly written websites, found a loophole in their download check system). It will take me a while though to download them all, add transparency and resize (actually resizing is really quick and easy). I'm working on a script that will just dl them all. If anybody has any ideas for batch transparency, that would be great.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ok I have figured out a way to get all the images from console covers without paying (yay for poorly written websites, found a loophole in their download check system). It will take me a while though to download them all, add transparency and resize (actually resizing is really quick and easy). I'm working on a script that will just dl them all. If anybody has any ideas for batch transparency, that would be great.

wow impressive and awesome! look forward to your post man! gr8 idea and gr8 work! kudos

i dont know if it batch converts but photophiltre has a "one touch by color" transparency feature like the old MSphoto editor did back in the day... i use that...(if you do end up doing them one at a time PM me we can go halves on setting transparency i dont mind helping out buby78 and i are'nt workin on any CSM's atm so i have spare time
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...