Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the crashing issue is a major topic for discussion. I know a lot of people who are effected by this plague. Sony and Rockstar have a major PR catastrophe on their hands.

And I don't know what to say about the sub HD resolutions. When I bought a PS3 at launch I purchased it feeling it would be a high end system that justified the insane cost. Now several months later its running games in sub HD with buggy frame rates and forced installation.

If you paid $600 for a PS3 like I did, you have the right to be pissed.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^ I went with 360 for that matter. But otherwise 60GB reigns supreme as far as PS2's concerned.

QUOTE said:
PS3 GTA4 runs at native 640P therefore has crap graphics.
Halo 3 runs at native 640P but has top notch graphics.

Buggy frame? As if 360 runs at fixed 30fps. FPS spikes gave me mild headaches, I just have to get over it because my PC isn't gonna run it at 60fps either.

I don't think forced installation is a con. If you've played DW6, you can easily save dozens of hours (literally) that'd have gone into loading.
GTA4 doesn't really have frequent long loadings but by the time you finish the game, you'd have saved more time from reduced loading than the time it took to install. If you're gonna play for an hour and half and uninstall GTA4, then that's a serious flaw but I don't think Rockstar had that kind of people in mind.
It's like, do you want to pay up $600 up front? Or pay $65 every month for the next 10 months? And is paying $600 up front obviously losing money because you're making a big single payment?

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, this fanboy mentality is getting more ridiculous every day. This "sub HD" crap brought that mentality to a new low. If nobody had said anything about GTA running in less than 720p, nobody would have even noticed it, and would probably claim the PS3 version still looked better, which is what most people were saying initially anyway. But someone says 640p, and suddenly the PS3 has crap graphics and is a non-HD machine? Give me a break.

People are blindly following a stupid number rather than what they can actually see on screen. I don't know about anyone else, but I personally don't spend my time counting the pixels on my TV. If both versions look nearly identical, and they do, then the resolution does not matter.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JimmyJangles said:
Honestly, this fanboy mentality is getting more ridiculous every day. This "sub HD" crap brought that mentality to a new low. If nobody had said anything about GTA running in less than 720p, nobody would have even noticed it, and would probably claim the PS3 version still looked better, which is what most people were saying initially anyway. But someone says 640p, and suddenly the PS3 has crap graphics and is a non-HD machine? Give me a break.

People are blindly following a stupid number rather than what they can actually see on screen. I don't know about anyone else, but I personally don't spend my time counting the pixels on my TV. If both versions look nearly identical, and they do, then the resolution does not matter.

Chill, it's just a revenge of Halo 3 640p incident. PS3 fanboys made a big deal out of it even though Halo 3 looked fine.
Oh, I just remembered Call of Duty 4 was sub-HD as well. Its native resolution is lower than 720p.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are 360 fanboys throlling in this thread?

go to your own GTAIV thread and your section and troll there

L

Lyuse

OP
Just played some Car Jack City and I kinda like it but deathmatch is so far the best mode or the free roam thing

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Picked up this game a few hours ago. I went straight to my friends house and played the first few missions there. I'm currently installing it on my hard drive, but from what I've played, its going to be amazing! Hope to play with some of you PS3 owners on PSN.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarriorReturns said:
Picked up this game a few hours ago. I went straight to my friends house and played the first few missions there. I'm currently installing it on my hard drive, but from what I've played, its going to be amazing! Hope to play with some of you PS3 owners on PSN.

Hopefully, I'll have enough money for the MGS 4 PS3 bundle on June 12th, I'd sure like to play with some of you GBAtemp members.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i've been playing all day since 9am lol and my ps3 hasn't froze once, i have a 60gb btw.

and i read today in croydon when people were lining up to buy the game someone got stabbed and had to go to the hospital, a bit scary if you think about it, over a game too :S

I live near to croydon and work in croydon. I've got to travel through the town centre via tram. Saying that, prior to this about 3 weeks back a dude was stabbed in croydon high street about a 5 min walk from the gamestation. He was stabbed because he refuse to buy some kids food from mcdonalds so they stabbed him at 9:30am.

gta4 stabbing:http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=8195947
mcdonalds stabbing: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...ticle988773.ece

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
holy sh*t feds4u is easily the worst fail troll I've ever seen. What an Xbot. He's probably just mad because he can't afford a PS3.

I've been playing the 360 version and it's really good, but I think that the PS3 version is maybe a little prettier because of the post-proccess filter. I'm really not sure though. Going by the video in the link zewarrior posted it looks pretty much identical.

D

Deleted User

OP
Anyone noticed with the 360 version that after you've been wasted and got out of hospital that the scenery loses its color? The object color is fine but the rest looks a really dull gray.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Saturnplanet5 said:
Anyone noticed with the 360 version that after you've been wasted and got out of hospital that the scenery loses its color? The object color is fine but the rest looks a really dull gray.

Why would you post this in the PS3 section? The X360 section has multiple GTA4 threads.

L

Lyuse

OP
Played enough missions I want to go online now add me my PSN ID is same as username
biggrin.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Got it two days ago, played (in total) for 14.7 minutes.
I've been busy =(

It was good, specially the last 10 minutes....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom