• Replies 95

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i've been playing all day since 9am lol and my ps3 hasn't froze once, i have a 60gb btw.

and i read today in croydon when people were lining up to buy the game someone got stabbed and had to go to the hospital, a bit scary if you think about it, over a game too :S

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i've been playing all day since 9am lol and my ps3 hasn't froze once, i have a 60gb btw.

and i read today in croydon when people were lining up to buy the game someone got stabbed and had to go to the hospital, a bit scary if you think about it, over a game too :S

I remember when someone in Japan got shot for a Tamagotchi ...

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
GTA IV is the best!!!!
it beats all games ive played this entire year.
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were UPS workers stealing the GTAIV shipments, but I haven't heard of people getting stabbed over the game
blink.gif

Edit: here

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
got it at morning. great game, but haven't really seen anything new yet. More details and better graphics etc. which is nice, but still kind of the same old gta.
Still the best game in a long time.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TaMs said:
got it at morning. great game, but haven't really seen anything new yet. More details and better graphics etc. which is nice, but still kind of the same old gta.

Better storyline ...
More involving characters ...
Multi-tiered mobile phone system ...
Taxi rides ...
More chances to choose between right & wrong ... literally ...
More and better mini-games ...

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thebobevil said:
TaMs said:

Better storyline ...
More involving characters ...
Multi-tiered mobile phone system ...
Taxi rides ...
More chances to choose between right & wrong ... literally ...
More and better mini-games ...
Well yea, but those are just little details. Actually i never followed the story in previous gtas, just skipped everything and then shooted everyone and made missions etc. :| So far the storyline seems to be ok.
Meh maybe you can't really change a franchise much from the original. (don't fix it if it's not broken etc.) Except when you go from 2d to 3d or something.
Still feels like "i've seen this before in gta3 many years ago". Actually that happens with alot of series nowadays(mario games, zeldas etc.), maybe I'm just getting old.
Don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of gta series and the latest adaption is a really awesome game and it's most likely getting better after every playtime.

EDIT: one thing that the game would have really needed imo: text chat for multiplayer. And maybe servers that are online : p

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of my friends don't do the story mode, but I find that they all miss out because the story mode is really fun, especially when you don't use cheats.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The graphics is okay, but I don't think it deserves 10/10. Reviewers just wanted to pump up the scores so they can win the readers by giving their favorite game a high score like overall 10/10.

PS3 version running at native 630P doesn't bother me, good effects > native resolution. For example, Halo 3 runs at native 640P but looks better than many native 720P FPS games.
(Just in case some people are confused, "runs at xxxP" usually refers to native resolution, not actual output resolution. Actual output resolution would be upscaled/downscaled to fit SD/HD/FHD)

I have a 60GB, so I'll get the 360 version just to be on the safe side. (In fact, I already sort of got it unofficially) I bought my PS3 pretty late so I think it won't freeze on mine, but 360 version is cheaper anyway =/
DLC doesn't mean jack to me if it's gonna come out in fall, I'd be busy playing star wars by then.

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So wanting a PS3 for this. I'm not a massive fan of GTA, but the online mode looks pretty cool and this game actually looks decent with the new fighting system, etc.

What do you think most people will be playing it on? 360 or PS3?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
deathfisaro said:
The graphics is okay, but I don't think it deserves 10/10. Reviewers just wanted to pump up the scores so they can win the readers by giving their favorite game a high score like overall 10/10.

PS3 version running at native 630P doesn't bother me, good effects > native resolution. For example, Halo 3 runs at native 640P but looks better than many native 720P FPS games.
(Just in case some people are confused, "runs at xxxP" usually refers to native resolution, not actual output resolution. Actual output resolution would be upscaled/downscaled to fit SD/HD/FHD)

I have a 60GB, so I'll get the 360 version just to be on the safe side. (In fact, I already sort of got it unofficially) I bought my PS3 pretty late so I think it won't freeze on mine, but 360 version is cheaper anyway =/
DLC doesn't mean jack to me if it's gonna come out in fall, I'd be busy playing star wars by then.

Huh? PS3 $59.99 = 360 $59.99...
I don't see what you're saying..

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
i just shipped F.E.A.R. back to GameFly, I want GTA IV nao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
if anyone wants some cheat codes i made 2 videos today covering all the codes that have been found so far

PART 1

PART 2

all the cheats work on BOTH the PS3 and XBOX 360!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol