Green paint on board. Is this a problem.

NizNoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I knocked off two caps while trying to remove a stubborn screw. After a horrible attempt to install them, I was left with an area where the green paint was removed. The second pic is how they’re supposed to look. Can I just install them in place, or do I need to do something about the green paint?

Attachments

• IMG_2012.jpeg
    IMG_2012.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2013.jpeg
    IMG_2013.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4

NizNoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they are just solder mask from factory for controlled SMD process, not a big deal if you remove the middle mask in the same line.
FYI, the “AJZ”BGA chip looks twisted and has shattered corner would be my concern.
Thanks for that! You’re right!.. I’ll need to sort that out..

NizNoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they are just solder mask from factory for controlled SMD process, not a big deal if you remove the middle mask in the same line.
FYI, the “AJZ”BGA chip looks twisted and has shattered corner would be my concern.
So just to make 100% I understand you, I can safely solder the two caps as in this pic, correct?
I’m ordering the MAX8969 step-up converter in the meanwhile. I don’t have an oscilloscope to check if the chipped one still functions properly. As far as correct orientation, since it’s a 9 bga, do I just orient it in the same text orientation as the existing ic?

Attachments

• IMG_2012.jpeg
    IMG_2012.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya