Hacking Got an email from sony-what the hell do I do?

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ViRGE said:
8BitWalugi said:
So... how to I un-mod from 3.55 GH?Go in to recovery mode and flash OFW 3.55 or 3.56. Then wipe your hard drive for good measure.

QUOTE(ComplicatioN @ Feb 17 2011, 01:39 AM) Do they only send this to people they know that hacked? or everyone?
To PSN accounts that have been used on hacked consoles.
Is formatting the ps3 from System settings the same as the format option on recovery?

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Got the same mail. I'm just gonna stay offline now. Don't need PSN that much anyway.
ninja.gif

yatesl

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the e-mail too. A tad confusing, as you can't currently go online with CFW. Are they saying, if you don't update your console and log on in x amount of days, you'll be banned?

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yatesl said:
I got the e-mail too. A tad confusing, as you can't currently go online with CFW. Are they saying, if you don't update your console and log on in x amount of days, you'll be banned?

ofcourse you can go online with a cfw, but i would stay offline (deactivate network) if you want to keep playing your backups etc.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Everybody with a PSN account is getting that email. Whether your console is hacked or not, you are getting the email.

I got the email too. And the only time I ever did go online was when 3.41 was still the current firmware and I only went on for about 10 minutes.

No need to be concerned if you got the email.

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
DeadlyFoez said:
Everybody with a PSN account is getting that email. Whether your console is hacked or not, you are getting the email.

I got the email too. And the only time I ever did go online was when 3.41 was still the current firmware and I only went on for about 10 minutes.

Really?
ohmy.gif
If that's true then I feel much better.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just stay offline and you will be ok. I never got online while I was on 3.41 JB when JB was first announced because I was not stupid and I will not do it and never will.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sausage Head said:
URGENT
after googling

i dont own a ps3
That email in question in the example is completely different to the actual email that Sony is sending out in this case.
Edit since you've edited: there is no 'might be' about it, that is from 2008, so of course it is old. Secondly, the other link is only speculating based on a link and no evidence at all.

Smartpal said:
QUOTE(DeadlyFoez @ Feb 17 2011, 07:53 PM) Everybody with a PSN account is getting that email. Whether your console is hacked or not, you are getting the email.

Really?
ohmy.gif
If that's true then I feel much better.
It's not true at all. I and many others who I know never received one. It is only targeting those who have hacked their console.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
I find it funny that they sent me one saying I have unauthorized software on my ps3 and that I'll be banned if it is not removed despite the fact that I haven't turned my ps3 on in months

sorny said:
A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStationÂ3 system.

Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStationÂ3 system.  Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to PlayStation Network and access to Qriocity? services through your PlayStationÂ3 system.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
I find it funny that they sent me one saying I have unauthorized software on my ps3 and that I'll be banned if it is not removed despite the fact that I haven't turned my ps3 on in months

sorny said:
A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStation®3 system.

Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStation®3 system.  Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to PlayStation® Network and access to Qriocity? services through your PlayStation®3 system.
Did you at any point run 3.41 jailbroken? It's looking like they've been silently collecting a list for months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-