Got a used N2DS (JPN), want to transfer my O3DS (U) data over

sh33dyiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used N2DS, and apparently it was a Japanese model (serial number starts with NJE) but it had already previously been flashed w/ CFW (Luma 10 iirc), and is running the latest 3DS firmware for the US.

I went through the paces to update CFW according to the guide, but when I tried to access EShop to do a system transfer, I got the 007-2001 error, which after some googling, appears to be an error related to region locking.

Am I kinda SOL on doing a system transfer from my old system to my new system? I am not planning on playing any online games so I don't really need NNID or the EShop, but I would like to at least transfer my save files, which appears to not be possible due to system-level encryption. Short of somehow obtaining a US Motherboard (dont even know where I could go about getting one), how can I transfer my save files? I don't mind re-downloading titles.

Thanks!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used N2DS, and apparently it was a Japanese model (serial number starts with NJE) but it had already previously been flashed w/ CFW (Luma 10 iirc), and is running the latest 3DS firmware for the US.

I went through the paces to update CFW according to the guide, but when I tried to access EShop to do a system transfer, I got the 007-2001 error, which after some googling, appears to be an error related to region locking.

Am I kinda SOL on doing a system transfer from my old system to my new system? I am not planning on playing any online games so I don't really need NNID or the EShop, but I would like to at least transfer my save files, which appears to not be possible due to system-level encryption. Short of somehow obtaining a US Motherboard (dont even know where I could go about getting one), how can I transfer my save files? I don't mind re-downloading titles.

Thanks!
Flash it back to JPN then do a system transfer to another JPN 3ds to make it work again on the region changed 3ds other JPN 3ds has to be of a "New" system as u can't transfer to an "old" system

sh33dyiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash it back to JPN then do a system transfer to another JPN 3ds to make it work again on the region changed 3ds other JPN 3ds has to be of a "New" system as u can't transfer to an "old" system
So I'd need to buy (or otherwise procure, perhaps from a friend) another system? Dang. Why'd they make this so complicated? (rhetorical)

sh33dyiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's region locked but it's a pretty convoluted workaround to have to use a third system in order to get around it.

Is there a way to transfer save data w/o the system transfer?

Reactions: assassinz

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's region locked but it's a pretty convoluted workaround to have to use a third system in order to get around it.

Sure dump with checkpoint and install on other system

Reactions: sh33dyiv

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use jksm or checkpoint to backup your saves and use them on any another system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.