Google Stadia launch titles revealed

stadia launch lineup.PNG
Google's video game streaming platform, Stadia, launches in a couple of days and the company has announced its platform's launch day line up. Early adopters of the Stadia will get to play the following 12 games on November 19 when the platform goes live:
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
  • Destiny 2: The Collection
  • Gylt
  • Just Dance 2020
  • Kine
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  • Thumper
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
They consist mostly of already available PC titles, with the exception of horror puzzle adventure game GYLT which is a Stadia-exclusive.

games list.jpg

While the above are only launch titles, Google promises that it will add the following games to the platform throughout the rest of 2019:
  • Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
  • Borderlands 3
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 2
  • Farming Simulator 19
  • Final Fantasy 15
  • Football Manager 2020
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Grid
  • Metro Exodus
  • NBA 2K20
  • Rage 2
  • Trials Rising
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood
Other titles like Doom: Eternal, WatchDogs: Legion, Gods & Monsters and Cyberpunk 2077 will also hit the platform once they release next year.

Google Stadia will be available in 14 countries (US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland) when it launches this November 19th, with the Founder's Edition priced at $129.

:arrow: SOURCE

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always hated the idea of streaming games.
Not because of input lag (I think if anyone can handle this, it's Google or Microsoft) but because I want to own the games.
I want to be able to play them even in 30 years when all of today's servers are down.

However this changed a bit. The internet and especially that archive site make me think that somehow I might be able to gather the game later on which made something else more important to me:
I probably would use Stadia and the likes if I would be able to download my savegames.
As long as there's a way, I could bother myself at a later date on actually getting to own those games. Then I restore the savegame and I'm fine.
But as far as I know there's no way to download/extract/pull savegames from cloud gaming services, right?
I'm really just playing in some sort of a bubble and whenever I unsubscribe, I'm completely out with nothing left over and that's my concern with Stadia and the likes.

Off the top of my head, the company who does it the best so far IMO is Nvidia's GeForce Now application. It allows you to log into your steam account and verify whether you bought the game, and allows you to stream it on geforce now. If properly done, it should also utilize steams cloud service for save games(which of course, can be backed up on a PC). Assuming you trust in valve's statement saying in the case valve goes out, they have a method to remove steamworks drm on all titles, you then technically own your games(as long as you download the titles before the server shuts down in the case of worst case scenario)

Reactions: lordelan

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean it's not, but, many of us have no issue streaming the likes of Netflix in HD without ever having to buffer. So I'm not sure what that dude's issue is, I'm guessing its either a poor internet provider, or he lives in part of the country where nothing is happening (Wyoming, the Dakotas, Montana, Nebraska, etc.), we do have a rather large dead area that doesn't get a lot of attention.
Indiana, country, anywhere out from a major city central or western is crap network. Companys dont care because there all you have so to hell with the customer what are they goin to do go without. Shit im still sporting dsl.

Last edited by wartutor,

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how RDR2 will run on Ultra settings, i have unlimited bandwidth (you know, since i live in a civilized country) and a 500mbit connection.

My PC can only handle it @ medium.

Also, Nice list of games.
Let's hope it works.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I gotta say that's one ambitious launch title line-up. Games like mortal kombat and thumper require split-second reactions, so (imho) they'll be the real proving grounds of things. Not that other games require much less, of course (with perhaps Kine as the only exception, as it seems somewhat turn based in structure...okay, perhaps gylt as well, as I've never heard of it).

I'm curious to see how this'll play out.

Cyanopsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's interesting to me how so many have ruled out Stadia from the minute it was presented. It reminds me of the complete negative fallout when Facebook presented Libra. The hate is not about Stadia, it's about Google and Stadia is just a channel, because now they are trying to step inside your domain.

I think the tech is really interesting and I've bought the founder's Ed. for that reason only. And Google seems fairly confident considering the launch titles are not exactly Tetris and Bubble Bobble. I might be wrong, and I will be the first to admit it, but they might have something up their sleeves on this one.

Reactions: DANTENDO

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's interesting to me how so many have ruled out Stadia from the minute it was presented. It reminds me of the complete negative fallout when Facebook presented Libra. The hate is not about Stadia, it's about Google and Stadia is just a channel, because now they are trying to step inside your domain.

I think the tech is really interesting and I've bought the founder's Ed. for that reason only. And Google seems fairly confident considering the launch titles are not exactly Tetris and Bubble Bobble. I might be wrong, and I will be the first to admit it, but they might have something up their sleeves on this one.
Good to hear you got the founders edition and yeh lot haters out ther prob because ther Internet is shit and if had fast Internet they'd change ther tune and there no reason why streaming and physical releases can't live together - this is giving us gamers options to choose

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
Given our garbage internet situation I'm not surprised it isn't launching in Australia yet but still kinda disappointed.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a really mediocre lineup, most of these games are pretty "Meh" and have already been available for many consoles or PC.
1 exclusive? Really? What happened to game consoles that started their life with 10+ exclusives?

Reactions: HideoKojima

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a really mediocre lineup, most of these games are pretty "Meh" and have already been available for many consoles or PC.
1 exclusive? Really? What happened to game consoles that started their life with 10+ exclusives?
Morons wouldn't buy the dreamcast in fanboying for Sony. And since the ps2 could only do brown, it's why then all we gpt were dull and brown games for all the way through that and the generation that followed.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Morons wouldn't buy the dreamcast in fanboying for Sony. And since the ps2 could only do brown, it's why then all we gpt were dull and brown games for all the way through that and the generation that followed.
I have literally no idea what you're talking about or how that relates to my quote lol

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have literally no idea what you're talking about or how that relates to my quote lol
Dreamcast had one of the best launch lineups of any console, ever. Ps2 wasn't even close.

Yet it seemed like every mouth breather wouldn't even try out the Sega dreamcast or the myriad of highly rated multiplatforms and exclusives it had during its brilliant (if short) lifespan, while the ps2 sold in droves while having barely anything going for it besides solid compatibility with ps1 games and accessories.

Dreamcast could have granted us a console gaming future that was full of color. Meanwhile it seemed like the ps2 was just full of muddy, gray and brown with stuff like socom, cod and gta forming for that system.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dreamcast had one of the best launch lineups of any console, ever. Ps2 wasn't even close.

Yet it seemed like every mouth breather wouldn't even try out the Sega dreamcast or the myriad of highly rated multiplatforms and exclusives it had during its brilliant (if short) lifespan, while the ps2 sold in droves while having barely anything going for it besides solid compatibility with ps1 games and accessories.

Dreamcast could have granted us a console gaming future that was full of color. Meanwhile it seemed like the ps2 was just full of muddy, gray and brown with stuff like socom, cod and gta forming for that system.
While I see where you're coming from I think the real reason that the PS2 won the fight was because the PS2 had DVD Player functionality right at a time where having a DVD was becoming more important, and a lot of people saw it as an oppourtunity to own both a console and a DVD player, and therefore they could justify the insane price for the console.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I got to test stadia beta with assassin's creed odyssey and it was running already very sophisticated without any noticeable input delay... But it's assassin's creed after all. But due to it being a stream it looked worse on ultra than on medium when rendered locally.
Besides N"now" has a steam implementation with the same input delay and quality. And as a beta tester Nvidia is still free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...