Google Glass Goes on Sale to Public (For a Single Day)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
IiMoHrW.png

Google Glass, Google's answer to wearable technology, is going to go on sale to the public for a single day on April 15th, 2014 in the US only as a part of their "explorer program". For a mere $1,500 you too could become what the internet affectionately calls a "Glasshole"!

In a blog post about the launch, Google said that it originally planned to announce the one-day sale next week, "but it looks like the cat's out of the bag now." Google explains that there are a "limited" number of spots in the program. While it's not really clear what Google hopes to gain from its expansion of the "explorer" program in this manner (besides publicity), they did provide this on the demand for the product:

"Our Explorers are moms, bakers, surgeons, rockers, and each new Explorer has brought a new perspective that is making Glass better. But every day we get requests from those of you who haven’t found a way into the program yet, and we want your feedback too. So in typical Explorer Program fashion, we’re trying something new."

Saucy

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I need to travel to USA and get $1.500 in 4 days... I will pass.
I am pretty sure there will be some crazy guys there fighting to get their own Glass, after all, I don't think Google made a lot of Glasses for a limited public.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, that's one way to solve production that's not up to par with the demand: high prices and total exclusivity.

Nice name, that "explorers". But who really wants to be known as an "internet explorer"? (Christ...I ALREADY want to punch the guys buying those things)

Reactions: weatMod

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I know Jack from RoosterTeeth has Google Glass and he says it's a pretty cool experience. The problem is that they're not prescription though so there isn't much point to wearing them if you can't even see out of them.

Last I knew you could easily get prescription lenses for them, so I don't think that's much of an issue really. I mean, if you have $1,500 to waste on Google Glass you'll probably have a bit more for some lenses :lol:

Reactions: chavosaur

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Already got one thanks to the company I'm a intern at :P Currently have a orange (Tangerine) one, while we also have a grey one. I'm doing all sorts of stuff on it, like GBC emulators (Pokemon Yellow, controlled with a Bluetooth keyboard) and Netflix, which all work surprisingly well. When they are available for 'normal' purchase, I'll definitely get one for myself. I'm absolutely in love with it.

WIN_20140210_123742.jpg

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something tells me they won't be shattering any records.

I really can't wait to buy these... in 10 years, when they're affordable and the tech is improved.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing all sorts of stuff on it, like GBC emulators (Pokemon Yellow, controlled with a Bluetooth keyboard) and Netflix, which all work surprisingly well.
Considering you have to look up to play the emulator and watch Netflix, can you explain that experience? Sounds tiring on the eyes.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nice idea but for people who already wear glasses they will never be able to use these. unless they want to keep constantly swapping glasses...but they'll still be blind when they have the google glasses on :creep:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
nice idea but for people who already wear glasses they will never be able to use these. unless they want to keep constantly swapping glasses...but they'll still be blind when they have the google glasses on :creep:

Last I knew you could easily get prescription lenses for them, so I don't think that's much of an issue really. I mean, if you have $1,500 to waste on Google Glass you'll probably have a bit more for some lenses :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?