Gaming Good PS3 games?

Kisho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a PS3 from my uncle who isn't using it anymore and I don't know that any good games for the PS3.
The type of games I play are RPGs, Action, Adventure mostly, but anything fun I will play.
Any ideas?

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil 6, when it comes out. :P
If you like RPGs, action games and adventure games you probably can't go wrong with Star Ocean: The Last Hope. The Arkham games are pretty good too, if you like exploring and light stealth. I'm not going to mention the elephant in the room.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The game I played:

RPG/Adventure
* Star Ocean 4: (RPG) it's the prequel, the start of the series, so it's good to start with this one :)
* 3D Dot Game Heroes: (Adventure) A Zelda 1 (intentional) clone, but in 3D. with dungeons, city, missions.
* Eternal Sonata : (RPG) A RPG based on Chopin's life. A mix of fantasy and historical element (there are real pictures and narrator explaining Chopin's life between chapter).
* Catherine: (Text RPG/puzzle) a more adult story, you need to solve the hero's current situation by choosing how he should act after dumping his girlfriend.
* Atelier Rorona: (RPG/Text RPG) If you like the Atelier series. It's about alchemy and creating objects. most part is a text RPG, and a little part RPG with battles.

Action
* Castlevania ~ Lords of Shadow: Great Action game, with some backtrack. not RPG, and a new story (a story reboot, nothing related to previous Castelvania games)
* Prince of Persia: if you know the recent PoP games, it's the same style. though this one is not linear, you play in your own order.
* Alice madness returns: a revisited story of Alice in Wonderland. The game also feature the old (1997?) first game in the series "Alice madness".

The one I didn't play:
* Disgaea 3 and 4 : Tactical RPG
* Valkyria Chronicle : Tactical RPG
* Tales of Grace F: RPG
* Folklore: RPG/action?
* Darksider: Action
* Assassin Creed: Action
* Uncharted series
* FF13

That's all I remember for the moment.

edit:
I also like Katamari and Wipeout (though, it's neither action/RPG/Adventure)

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest White Knight Cronicles. It is a decent RPG with lots of cutscenes, though the battle system is crap. For 16 dollars, I found it worth it. Final Fantasy 13 has stunning visuals, albeit the gameplay is quite difficult IMO. I heard FF13-2 was easier than part 1.

Other games I'd recommend:

Skyrim
God of War 1,2, and 3 (hack 'nd slash)
Gran Turismo 5 (racer)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncharted 1, 2, 3
Infamous 1, 2
God of War 3 (suggest playing the first 2 first if you havnt)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Little Big Planet 1, 2
Resistance 1, 2, 3
Killzone 2, 3
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time
Heavy Rain
3D Dot Game Heros
Katamari Forever

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Souls and Demon Souls are first person RPG's for the PS3, I haven't had a chance to play them yet but I did manage enough time to find them used (was a pain....) but I hear they are great games.

I might try one of them tonight, not sure to start with the first one or the second one.

joubqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dark Souls and Demon Souls are first person RPG's for the PS3, I haven't had a chance to play them yet but I did manage enough time to find them used (was a pain....) but I hear they are great games.

I might try one of them tonight, not sure to start with the first one or the second one.

third-person action rpg. started playing dark souls on 360 and it's great but decided to wait for the PC version.

for puzzle games try portal 2

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A very un-known game that you can purchase in the Ps-Store is called: Akimi village.

Very fun recourse collecting game, you watch your little city grow as take control of little creatures called Akimi that transport any recourse you need at the designated location.

Big time-killer game.
Loved it.

Yay for 100th post XD

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Best game on the PS3 (and, this gen story wise) is Valkyria chronicles, and it happens to be (a bit of) an RPG.. Mostly a strategy/tactical game though. It's damn fun and has some really unique gameplay to it, and the story is absolutely fantastic.

Tales of Graces F is a strong second.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are also very fun (both of them, even though Dark Souls is the sequel, Demon's Souls is still very much enjoyable.

That's all I can think of for console exclusives, unless you don't have a 360 then i'd have a few more to suggest, like Nier and Resonance of Fate.

Kisho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best game on the PS3 (and, this gen story wise) is Valkyria chronicles, and it happens to be (a bit of) an RPG.. Mostly a strategy/tactical game though. It's damn fun and has some really unique gameplay to it, and the story is absolutely fantastic.

Tales of Graces F is a strong second.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are also very fun (both of them, even though Dark Souls is the sequel, Demon's Souls is still very much enjoyable.

That's all I can think of for console exclusives, unless you don't have a 360 then i'd have a few more to suggest, like Nier and Resonance of Fate.
I borrow Valkyria Chronicles and a few games from my cousin, its really fun.
I did have a 360 but got rid of it.
I tried Dark Souls, I'm really bad at games like it. I die in like 5 seconds xD

D

Deleted User

Here are some good games.
Amy, and I am alive.

But seriously,
I loved Tales of Graces F. My favorite ps3 game.
Red dead is a good one, although not exclusive.
Uncharted and infamous.
Now I don't like littlebigplanet, but apparently it's really popular, so that game also.
There are more but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Kisho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some good games.
Amy, and I am alive.

But seriously,
I loved Tales of Graces F. My favorite ps3 game.
Red dead is a good one, although not exclusive.
Uncharted and infamous.
Now I don't like littlebigplanet, but apparently it's really popular, so that game also.
There are more but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
I'll look into Tales of Graces F since so many people are saying to play it.
I haven't played Uncharted before, but I'm been playing Infamous and I'm enjoying it.
Little Big Planet never really made a big impact on me.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Valkyria Chronicles is an awesome game, this is a must purchase for every PS3 owner.

YES, it's epic! if you love tactical games, this is a must. Beautifully made too :)
  • 'Heavy Rain' If you have a good attention span, you like a dark story and aren't all about blowing people to bits, I'd recommend it. It's a fantastic PS3 only game - my favourite by far, it's a little depressing, but so engrossing. Like playing a movie.
  • 'Uncharted' All 3 of these games have great plots, great voice acting and brilliant graphics. It's a great action adventure game.
  • 'L.A.Noire' Ok it's not a PS3 only game, but it's another engrossing game. Much like a movie. It has snippets of action, but it's mainly a guessing game, you've got to figure out the clues.
  • 'Little Big Planet 2' A platform game, but really fun, and good to mess around with either alone or over the internet.
But most of those games I listed are for older players, so it depends on your age..or if your parents don't care about that.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?