Hacking Good news regarding Switch Hacking

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sitting here with all this awesome homebrew on the Wii U. I'm also enjoying Super Mario Oddysey on my Switch.
Based on my previous console experience, I don't use homebrew very much anyway. The switch is the first system that I play on a regular basis now. Too many good things coming that I just decided to update. Odyssey is absolutely amazing.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm sure 99.99999% that the Tegra BootROM is encrypted, so they'll need to find the system key of it before what you said.
It is. And I would be really stupid if it wasn't. Before some newbie comes along and say it's an "Nvidia Shield" it's a no. It's the same hardware on some parts, yes. But the bootrom is most likely encrypted with a custom Nintendo key.

Reactions: XxShalevElimelechxX

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Based on my previous console experience, I don't use homebrew very much anyway. The switch is the first system that I play on a regular basis now. Too many good things coming that I just decided to update. Odyssey is absolutely amazing.
yeah odyssey is good... but unfortunetly no AAA like for example sunshine was.... good old days:cry:

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The second version of boot2 from the Wii times.
Technically, it was boot1 that had the exploit which allowed bootmii to be installed into boot2. In the later wii versions there was an updated boot1 which fixed the flaw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm sure 99.99999% that the Tegra BootROM is encrypted, so they'll need to find the system key of it before what you said.
When dumped via hardware then it is definitely encrypted. When dumped via software then they likely dumped it unencrypted. Basically, you just let the system unencrypt it and steal it in the process.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another worthless thread. Made by a user who clearly has no knowledge of hacking. Pointless speculation to try and get internet attention.

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Another worthless thread. Made by a user who clearly has no knowledge of hacking. Pointless speculation to try and get internet attention.
another worthless post by an user who has clearly the wrong picture of the tech scene. News break: 99% of people are no power users :shit:

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another worthless post by an user who has clearly the wrong picture of the tech scene. News break: 99% of people are no power users :shit:

GBATemp is no tech scene, lol. Good job assuming what I'm thinking and what I know though.

Found you!

You seem to be obsessed with me. It's honestly kind of creepy. Like a guy who's been told no by a girl, but he keeps on trying anyway. Get some help, it seems like you might need it.

Reactions: swabbo

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Don’t be harsh to the OP you guys. Maybe he isn’t an internet addict like all of us and has something that’s called real life where he is a hard worker providing for his family and can’t be bothered with checking kids hacking boards every day for any noteworthy news regarding a frickin’ toy. At least his post is more of a contribution than many useless meme posts here, including my own. :teach:

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Don’t be harsh to the OP you guys. Maybe he isn’t an internet addict like all of us and has something that’s called real life where he is a hard worker providing for his family and can’t be bothered with checking kids hacking boards every day for any noteworthy news regarding a frickin’ toy. At least his post is more of a contribution than many useless meme posts here, including my own. :teach:

All well and good saying that but the original thread is still on the first page of the forum so it's not like it's hard to find.

Reactions: MatMaf

MatMaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So anyone can shitpost now under the excuse "well I'm not a speccy loser xd"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw