Gaming Good games under 700mb?

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going on a vacation soon, and it would kill me knowing that I had 698mb left on my mms and didn't even bother to try stuffing another game on it. Anybody wanna suggest some ISOs that are under 700mb or can be compressed into under 700mb?

Games I've already tried:
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions
Patapon 2

It just seems like EVERY game that I want to try just happens to be over 1gb.

BONUS QUESTION: Is anybody familiar with GoTube? I'm using it, and I like it so far, but I want to know how to access my favorites. I'm pretty sure I selected something along the lines of favorite/save/bookmark while I was watching a video. Now there's a THM file on the root of my MMS with the title of the video, but I don't know how to access it in GoTube.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already have Half Minute Hero. Loco Roco is not my style. I'll check out the thread Rydian, thanks!

EDIT: Checked out the thread. Those games are alright, I guess... they're pretty small. If I have 700mb to use, might as well get the most out of it and get a bigger, more full game. Not ports of free flash games like N+.

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N+ [iso 43mb]
Half-Minute Hero [iso 107mb]
Metal Slug XX [cso 211] [iso somewhere in the 400mbs]
Monsters Probably Stole My Princess [iso 205mb]

just some quick ones ^

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hexyz Force is under 700mb? Didn't know that.

And MLRX... see what I said 2 posts up and 3/4 of your list is eliminated.

And don't forget that you can suggest games that are initially over 700mb but you know for a fact can be compressed (as a USABLE cso i.e no slowdown, nothing ripped) into under 700mb.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arwing789 said:
Already have Half Minute Hero. Loco Roco is not my style.
Crikey, I was about to offer suggestions until I read this post. I didn't realize it was your expectation that everyone has psychic abilities to know what games you either have, have tried, or don't like the look of!!
Saved me some time, at least
glare.gif

Here's a free tip: next time you decide to create such a thread seeking people's suggestions - consider it wise & logical to itemize precisely what you are looking for / not looking for. Hightens the possibility of anyone ever trying to assist you in the future.

Edit: "Bonus question" - should I have a response....what do I stand to win?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Soul Calibur Broken Destiny is only about 300MB.
Fat Princess Fistful of Cake is about 120MB, although it won't let me access the campaign for some reason (help please)
Harvest Moon Hero Of Leaf Valley is pretty small, as are all the Harvest Moon games in my experience

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
EDIT: Checked out the thread. Those games are alright, I guess... they're pretty small. If I have 700mb to use, might as well get the most out of it and get a bigger, more full game. Not ports of free flash games like N+.
There's a couple full RPGs there, and a game doesn't have to have a large filesize to be great, as it could be taken up my FMVs.

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
Hexyz Force is under 700mb? Didn't know that.

And MLRX... see what I said 2 posts up and 3/4 of your list is eliminated.

And don't forget that you can suggest games that are initially over 700mb but you know for a fact can be compressed (as a USABLE cso i.e no slowdown, nothing ripped) into under 700mb.
its called getting ninja'd...

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lumines 1 and II are good, depending on your style. GTA: Chinatown Wars is only about 550MB when in .cso form.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it all depends on where you get them from.

i've seen Crisis Core, fully intact, at 736MB
Hexyz Force at 455MB
Resistance at 522MB
Bounty Hounds at 371MB
God of War at 524MB
GTA Chinatown Wars at 328MB

once you get into the video/audio downsampling, pretty much everything is up for grabs at 700MB. And video/audio quality is still kept at a very nice looking/sounding rate.

overslept

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering... what's the safest level of compression? I use PSP ISO Compressor v1.4, and there's 9 levels. I used 9 once, and it made FF Dissidia (which is HUGE) a measly 200mb. And when I tried playing that on my PSP, it didn't even show up in my games folder on my MS. I use level 5 now and it works fine.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just stick to compression level 1. there's normally only a 5MB-20MB difference between 1 and 9. I can't imagine any app compressing Dissidia to 200MB though. the lowest I've ever seen it is 785 and that was with video downsizing. unless all of the videos were removed/relinked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc