Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

Kokin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi guys, totally new to homebrew. I'm trying to use goldleaf but my pc wouldnt connect. I would get the error no usb connection was found. Did I have to install something else to get it to connect? TIA!
You need to install a USB driver,zadig-2.4

D

Deleted User

Hi guys, totally new to homebrew. I'm trying to use goldleaf but my pc wouldnt connect. I would get the error no usb connection was found. Did I have to install something else to get it to connect? TIA!
Hi there - in my case I had to have goldleaf running on the switch already connected to my pc while installing the driver. It didn‘t work for me otherwise as well. Hope that helps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What version of Tinfoil are you running, as im having same issues with Golfleaf over USB
I have no issues so far with usb installations under win10/atmosphere 8.0.1.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Some NSP's, Gold leaf will just hang after asking if I want to "ignore required system firmware."
All I am trying to do is install the homebrew loader NSP but it just hangs. I've tried it with both the nro and nsp versions of Goldleaf. What is funny is I was able to install the NSP version of Goldleaf with the nro version but I can't install the homebrew loader. Does anyone know why this would happen?

bcoleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf 0.5 says all the bugs are gone, but being a new user, I've never seen so many bugs at once. For the record, I'm on a Mac and I'm USB installing with NS-USBLoader, so I don't know what's responsible for the bugs, but I'd like to list them here.

You have to be so exact with what you do or else you'll get the most random of errors. But sometimes even that won't help. For example, you can't have more than 10 NSP's in the NS-USBLoader PC Client or you'll get an error. If you do get an error, you can't just back out of it, you have to unplug the usb from your switch THEN back out. If you back out FIRST, your whole switch needs to restart. But the biggest one is that sometimes an update file will say, "you already installed this file" and it won't install no matter what. There's no way to override this which is insane because in every other app it just installs over it. If it did that here instead of saying I've already installed it, I could at least update the game without having to delete the entire thing first...idk if it's a goldleaf or NS-USBLoader problem but it kills me.

Jun 1st edit: Oh and the fact that GoldLeaf caps write speeds at USB 2.0 levels of 18mb/s...when the older versions were fast at around 30-40mb/s. Hope we get an update resolving all these issues.

Last edited by bcoleman,

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the awesome (free) software !!!

I revising my question. I was screwing around because I am clueless and I got a crash dump from Nintendo. I will leave this in case it is useful. I did figure out what noob thing I did this time.

Under Nintendo<Contents/registered there are directories and some of them have nca's. Examining the hex in one of them causes me to get a dump and a message. I got this a few times on repeat loadings of atmosphere but just now I looked and I am not dumping. Here is the message when it dumps ---

An error has occurred.

Please press the POWER button to restart the console normally. or a VOL button to reboot to a payload (or RCM if none is present). If you are unable to restart the console. hold the POWER Button for 12 seconds to turn the console off.

If the problem persists. refer to the Nintendo Support Website.
support.nintendo.com/switch/error

touching POWER reboots me to atmosphere.

Last edited by Arch Feline,

CzeroXCI

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have an issue with Goldleaf 0.5 on FW8.1 with Atmosphere 0.8.10. When I want to install an update for a title which already have an old update installed, Goldleaf tell me that the title is already installed... The only option is to totally uninstall the title and reinstall it.

Bah-NS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Hi Guys

I deleted some content from SD via goldleaf. The tiltes do not show up in system anymore but the SD storage did not free. How can I fix this?

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who's been experiencing issues when running Goldleaf on 8.1.0 (Atmosphere 0.9.1)? It just makes Homebrew Menu crash. I have the latest build available, got it from here: http://bsnx.lavatech.top/goldleaf/ (should be v0.6 in-app)
Whereas v0.5, which I run via the forwarder, seems to be working just fine.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have an issue with Goldleaf 0.5 on FW8.1 with Atmosphere 0.8.10. When I want to install an update for a title which already have an old update installed, Goldleaf tell me that the title is already installed... The only option is to totally uninstall the title and reinstall it.
Been there done that with NS-USBloader on SX OS 2.8.
Solution: For these just use Tinfoil instead until the author updates his Goldleaf app

Last edited by Pacman`,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8