• Start date
  • Views 7,229
  • Replies 88

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i buyed the 2DS mario kart 7 pack special for the lower SW. Now out of the box it's SW 8.1 but Superster131 say it's better to be on SW 9.2 for CFW. So now i didn't get it anymore, tutorials says you can use from SW 6.X up to SW 9.2 so didn't get why 8.1 is not good enough.
8.1 can be easily upgrade to 9.0-9.2....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah i buyed the 2DS mario kart 7 pack special for the lower SW. Now out of the box it's SW 8.1 but Superster131 say it's better to be on SW 9.2 for CFW. So now i didn't get it anymore, tutorials says you can use from SW 6.X up to SW 9.2 so didn't get why 8.1 is not good enough.
9.0-9.2 is the best exploitable version, since all the good *hax only compatible with 9.0 and above.
<9.0 is usable, but is not best for today

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you use devmode/pasta mode and not rxmode on sysnand or you will brick your 3ds

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And which one do you recommend to use to install cias? This one or rxtools?
Well personally, this is what I did in terms of getting an app to install cia's.
Set up AuReinand
Inject FBI into H&S using Decrypt9
Installed Devmenu/BigBlueMenu using FBI
Reinjected the actual H&S into H&S
Done.

N

NoGamer

OP
this question is actually covered by the guide that you originally intended to use by samiam144

Yes i read everything now and it's clear how to update to SW 9.2. Thats allot of work i see and after that some more work to install a CFW, emuNAND, CIA installer, Rxtool, etc. So i consider to just buy a Flashcard (R4i GOLD for example). See, 10 a 15j ago i did allot of work for the PSP scene, later involved in the iPhone Jailbreaking etc and after that a short time in the PS3 scene. Jailbreaking my first PS3 was with a Jailbroken Original (first one) iPhone, injected with a linux rom file. Connecting the iPhone to the PS3 and quick pressing the eject button the code of the rom will injected on the PS3 and there the console was Jailbroken. Just to say, in the past i like to mess around with all of that, just don't know if i will do that again for the 2DS console. Ok that was way off-topic, back to basic.

Last edited by ,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i read everything now and it's clear how to update to SW 9.2. Thats allot of work i see and after that some more work to install a CFW, emuNAND, CIA installer, Rxtool, etc. So i consider to just buy a Flashcard (R4i GOLD for example). See, 10 a 15j ago i did allot of work for the PSP scene, later involved in the iPhone Jailbreaking etc and after that a short time in the PS3 scene. Jailbreaking my first PS3 was with a Jailbroken Original (first one) iPhone, injected with a linux rom file. Connecting the iPhone to the PS3 and quick pressing the eject button the code of the rom will injected on the PS3 and there the console was Jailbroken. Just to say, in the past i like to mess around with all of that, just don't know if i will do that again for the 2DS console. Ok that was way off-topic, back to basic.
yeah it is a lot of stuff but it's about the only way to do it really. I mean a simple r4i is not going to play 3DS games, it will play DS games. if you want something that will simply play 3DS games then what's your describing is sky3ds it costs 90 USD. however the best thing (you could buy) is Gateway which needs and sets up its own cfw for you and that cost about 40 USD. the sky 3DS is very limited in what it can actually do once you have it. the Gateway is just as good as any other CFW and Gateway can actually help you and installing other CFW many people have bought Gateway because they don't want to bother with installing CFW themselves.

Last edited by wormdood,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r4 is ds game only...

Renanmarc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I rather doing this than expending around 100 bucks buying a sky3ds+. Actually this is that I am going to do, sell all my 3ds games(I have 15) and stay with the piracy, fuck it Nintendo, I don't have more money. And now in my country, which Nintendo leaves behind, a 3ds game is well worth, something around 50 us bucks for some not rare games.

Reactions: wormdood

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, the effort used to get the downgrade and CFW is worth it. You don't NEED to do the entire process with downgrading to 2.1
You can just downgrade to 9.2 and set up a custom firmware. Doing that and backing everything up probably takes half an hour or so. It's a lot better than paying $90 for a flashcart that can be patched out

Reactions: Renanmarc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it