Hacking Going from kmeaw 3.55 to Rogero 4.30.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- This CFW does have LV1 checks disabled and can be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles even if not dehashed after downgrade. Just in case anyone still need to dehash, here's the link Link ----> Dehashing Tutorial

2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a chance to recover when you have a valid dump.

** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump may not fix your bricked PS3 **

3- The QA flag is better to be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link ----> toggle_qa.pkg

4- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.

5- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.

6- You need to be already on a 3.55OFW or 3.55+ CFW to install this. Installing from any OFW > 3.55 won't work. (Hardware Flasher needed)

SOURCE

Trickydick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. ive downgraded to 3.55 OFW. i was looking and it looks as though there is a rogero 4.3 v 2.00 out now. anyone tested it to see if its safe?

Trickydick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i should be able to go straight from 3.55 OFW to Rogero 4.30 v 2 without dehashing since i was only on hermes 3.55 and never went past that? also do you have the MD5 for the rogero 4.30 2.0? i just don't want to brick my system. TIA

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
116ecceb79b2adde8479fd24951a5a90
You have to install latest multiman before installing v2 because theres no install package file in this version.

Trickydick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have completed that step. im currently reinstalling the 3.55 ofw and then i guess im going to take the plunge and go rogero 4.3 v2 cfw

Trickydick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded the file but its named Rogero_CEX_4.30_v2.00.pup instead of ps3updat.pup. im guessing i need to rename it? the md5 checked out ok btw. thanks for all the help.

*edit* NM i see where you have to change the name but still hoping i can go straight from 3.55OFW to 4.30 v2 CFW

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am looking to go from kmeaw 3.55 to Rogero 4.30 and this thread has been very insightful. My PS3 shipped with 3.40 and I upgraded to 3.41 so as to use my TI-84 to jailbreak. I eventually upgraded to OFW 3.55 and subsequently installed CFW kmeaw 3.55 and have been here ever since. Is dehashing necessary for my situation?

When I first read this thread, the QA flagging step seemed almost "optional" as there is no need to migrate from CFW 4.30 back to OFW 3.55. I have now come to understand that in order to move from Rogero 4.30 rev.1 to rev.2, etc., one must first downgrade back to OFW 3.55 first which is easier with a QA flagged PS3.

I'm not looking to hijack this thread; I honestly feel that there are many of us sitting on kmeaw 3.55 right now waiting for some direction and/or tut.

Cheers.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm even still sitting on ofw 3.41 with hermes v4 dongle.
I may have to update soon too, I plan to buy ni no kuni and I may require new version of multiMAN (patching the boot.bin need a special fw version?) and go to 4.30 (for convenience, no need to wait for a patch and play the game from disc).

I have to say that even if I followed PS3 scene a little, I'm still afraid of doing changes and updates.

What I understood:
Dehashing is only a step to "reset" the downgrade information.
I'm on ofw 3.41 and didn't came from a downgrade so I don't need to dehash.
But installing QA flag is needed for easy downgrade once I've updated, to do that I fisrt need to install Rogero (kmeaw too?) 3.55cfw and rebug QA toggle.
Am I right?

The QA doesn't prevent any features to work? no games are checking for its presence?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Cyan,

My current itinerary is such:

1. Dehash current console
2. Update multiMan to 4.14
3. Create NAND/NOR Dump
4. Install OFW 3.55
5. Install Other OS++
6. QA Flag
7. Turn on QA Flagg
8. Install CFW (Rogero 4.30 v. 2.03)

I have skipped step 1 and updated multiMan to 4.14. It's been months since I've updated it and at last attempt received a curious prompt stating that, "Online attempts to update from 4.06 or lower are unavailable as of October 2012" or such. I manually updated to multiMan 4.14 and am currently considering QA flag techniques currently available. I'm leaning towards Other OS++.

Reactions: Cyan

Trickydick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did not dehash or set the QA flags. it is important you install the latest version of multiman before you upgrade though. good luck.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's used to delete/hide the fact that you downgraded.
Some cfw need the deshashing step before installation. (I'm not sure if it's like the E3 Flasher downgrade, it could brick the console if you install a new cfw after downgrading without doing it).

I don't know the technical details on what it does.

ankc

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...