Hacking Question Going from 7.0.1 to 4.1.0 Clean Nand, Steps to get there?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, first things first:

I used to have a nand backup for my 4.1.0 days, the cleanest of the cleanest nand, welp, cant seem to find it on my drives so, lets assume its gone forever.

Currently, I;m on 7.0.1, but got only 5 burnt fuses, which tells me i can go back to 4.0.0 if i desire.

However, the plan of this is to go to 4.0.0 with a CLEAN nand, so im assuming that the steps would be:

1. Make a Nand BackUp
  2. Downgrade to 4.0.0 using ChoiDuJourNX
  3. System will probably not boot since the saves are going to be incompatible so, mount the partitions and delete SaveMetaData and everything on Save except for the 800000000120.
  4. Then probably perform the last step from https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade ? which would be
    upload_2019-6-12_15-20-48.png
  5. Profit?
or is there other path to follow? or the last step is not neccesary?
I dont have the BOOT0 nor BOOT1 files, do i need those to go back to 4.0.0? if yes, how do i get them to go back?

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Will tag @mattytrog since he seems to know about this stuff :)

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,
Reactions: NoNAND

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.)Back up your prodinfo, and your 7.1 boot 0 and 1 and nand

2.) ChoidujourNX down to 4.0 and system initialize. It will be 99% clean. Backup your boots and nand from 4.1

You missed the boat for 100% clean 4.0 if you have used cfw and don't have your original sorry

Last edited by Philliyxx,
Reactions: PHiLiPZ

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.)Back up your prodinfo, and your 7.1 boot 0 and 1 and nand

2.) ChoidujourNX down to 4.0 and system initialize. It will be 99% clean. Backup your boots and nand from 4.1

You missed the boat for 100% clean 4.0 if you have used cfw and don't have your original sorry
Im pretty sure i can just do a manual cleaning.

Crusatyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also get a clean 4.1 nand from a trusted friend, have him decrypt it with his bis keys, inject your unencrypted prodinfo and prodinfoF partitions, then re-encrypt the whole thing with your biskeys and restore it.

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also get a clean 4.1 nand from a trusted friend, have him decrypt it with his bis keys, inject your unencrypted prodinfo and prodinfoF partitions, then re-encrypt the whole thing with your biskeys and restore it.
isn't that essentially Choidujour?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im pretty sure i can just do a manual cleaning.

As in step 3 in your original post? That's what ChoidujourNX does through the app when you choose to system intialize.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't that essentially Choidujour?

As in step 3 in your original post? That's what ChoidujourNX does through the app when you choose to system intialize.
I.ve reading, and there is no solid proof, that the system does indeed, erase the full reports / telemetry dumped / titles isntalled and saves completly from their folders.

As mentioned here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiping-nand-with-choidujournx-safe-to-go-online-afterwards.537610/

the system initialize option in choi literally destroys all system save data though :P

If what you are saying is correct then why people would recommend restoring clean nand, rebuilding nand via choidujour PC version, and why Mattytrog would recommend cleaning nand by mounting the emmc using hacdiskmount, when people can just reinitialize their system and go online lol, you know you are providing misleading info.

If that is correct then why no one recommends that when someone wants a clean nand, why is everyone recommending the clean nand backup for people that tried CFW and wanted to play online afterward? My point is reinitializing doesn't make the system a clean nand to go online.

The factory reset in choidujournx works the same way as any other factory reset. It will reset the console to factory defaults but logs will be kept and such. To make your SysNAND "safe" again, you either have to restore it from backup or rebuild it from scratch (which still might not be safe as it depends on whether or not you sent any error repoprts to ninty).

Meaning that imust indeed erase manually those things, i will tag those users so get some more info.

@Hayato213 @ZachyCatGames @Kubas_inko

Sorry for the TAG guys, so, after downgrading the system with Choi, i still need to manually erase the things on the nand, right? also, what about the Boot0 and Boot1 from 4.0.0 since i dont have those O:

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

Philliyxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoidujourNX creates and flashes the boot 0 and 1 when you downgrade, don't worry about those. 7.0.1 to 4.x choose the initialize option. You have to do this downgrading across multiple fw versions.

If you want to get real clean and crazy...you can format the fs partion after mounting it with hack disk mount to fat32 16k cluster using guiformat. That'll leave nothing on it, but I'm sure most users will suggest you not go this route unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited by Philliyxx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ