glitchDS

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having troubles getting this to work on an EZ Flash V... it says "Unable to open the directory. Please make sure that /glitchDS/sounds exists" I have a sounds folder with sounds in it.. why isn't this working
frown.gif

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EN!GMA said:
I wouldn't compare doodling to composing music...
But you just did and your choice of phrasing shows you bias. Whether someone just doodles or draws a beautiful work of art in Colors is totally up to the person using the app, just like whether someone just noodles around or composes a beautiful piece of music in GlitchDS is up to the person using it.

People have done some amazing things with Colors. If you haven't before, you should check out http://colors.brombra.net/

But really, the reason why comparing GlitchDS to fruityloops was silly, though, was because they're not really similar at all. Fruityloops is for creating complex sampled and sequenced music, GlitchDS is more a live performance toy for creating simple but dynamic sequenced performances

QUOTE said:
Anyways, does anyone know what format this app saves your work in?
It just saves datat points that allows the app to reload the Game of Life pattern and your beat points at a later time. If you wanted to make an audio recording, I suppose you'd just record into whatever format you wanted from the DS's headphone jack.

QUOTE('bunnybreaker')
This is awesome, I have no musical talent, but love playing with this. Have you checked out AXE, another snazzy "music" program on DS?
Also check out Protein[DS], which was formerly known as DScratch, but recently improved dramatically and got a new name:

http://gorgull.googlepages.com/home2

...word is bondage...

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
science said:
I am having troubles getting this to work on an EZ Flash V... it says "Unable to open the directory. Please make sure that /glitchDS/sounds exists" I have a sounds folder with sounds in it.. why isn't this working
frown.gif
are you sure you placed the directory in the root ?
and not in a diffrent folder , for example : //homebrew/glitchds/sounds because that's not going to work

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
James B. said:
bunnybreaker said:
This is awesome, I have no musical talent, but love playing with this. Have you checked out AXE, another snazzy "music" program on DS?

Is there a PC equivalent of this? My dad is interested and has no DS.

Edit: Hey, I get an error when trying to save. I'm using an R4 with a Kingston 2GB SD. I even tried copying the save file that comes with it to see if that helped and it didn't. Sample loading is fine and my ROM has been DLDI patched.

Theres a folder that looked useless at the time, inside the .rar, that I deleted. You might have too, it had some .save0 file or some other obscure file name inside.

Think you need that.

Thanks dude, that was the exact problem. I'd forgtotten about that folder, cuz I thought it was left over from some other flashcart.

Also, anyone who doesn't understand what's going on, just go and read up on The Game of Life. I read a couple of paragraphs and then it all made sense.

I love this, can't wait for new versions.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Daimakaimura said:
science said:
frown.gif
and not in a diffrent folder , for example : //homebrew/glitchds/sounds because that's not going to work

Yeah, its in the root of my card... I really wanted to try this out too
frown.gif

thejaymo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, i have been using homebrew for like 6 months now and this is the firt time i havnt been able to figure somthing out.

how do i use this with an M3DS real.

Am confused about needing DS organize...
wacko.gif

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweater Fish Deluxe said:
It just saves datat points that allows the app to reload the Game of Life pattern and your beat points at a later time. If you wanted to make an audio recording, I suppose you'd just record into whatever format you wanted from the DS's headphone jack.

That's exactly why I want to know what format it saves in. I'm more interested in the sequencing and note values than the actual song itself... What I mean is the filename extension.

And I would disagree about about comparing FL to glitch. It would be similar to comparing Photoshop to Colors, which I'm sure is a great program.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
Daimakaimura said:
science said:
frown.gif

frown.gif

did you DLDI patch it, without it the program cant access your drive

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, comparisons to any software on DS, usually can't be made to something created by a whole dedicated team of programmers for a PC with more than 4 MB of ram :\.

But anyway, to add your own sounds, find out how to make .raw sound files.

And to use the soundpack, drag the sounds in the soundpack over to the sounds folder in \glitchDS\

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EN!GMA said:
That's exactly why I want to know what format it saves in. I'm more interested in the sequencing and note values than the actual song itself... What I mean is the filename extension.
I'm not sure you understand the concept of GlitchDS. Have you actually played it yet? The sequencing is not standardized, instead it's based on the Game of Life simulation playing out on the top screen. Samples only get played when a cell in the simulation is born on a square where you've placed a sample trigger. Saving in a format that could be played back in other software would be pointless because the whole point of GlitchDS is the interaction between the music and the Game of Life simulation, which (to my knowledge) is something no other sequencer does.

If you want to create more traditional sequenced music tracks on the DS like what you would create in fruityloops, maybe Nitro Tracker would be more along the lines of what you're looking for. That saves in XM format.

...word is bondage...

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bobrules said:
science said:
Daimakaimura said:
science said:
frown.gif

frown.gif

did you DLDI patch it, without it the program cant access your drive

It worked, thanks. I was under the impression that the EZ V auto patched DLDI.. oh well

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
new version is out: glitchDS v.1.2

QUOTE said:
New Features:

- More granular control of pattern length. On the main sequencer control page, hold down the A button while pressing Left or Right to increase or decrease the pattern length by 1.

- Quick-save pattern slots, as described in the previous post. To summarize, in the sequencer control page, hold Down while touching a quick slot to save your pattern to the slot. Touch the quick slot without holding A to load it.

- Pagination on the “choose sounds” page. You can paginate between pages of sounds using the X and B buttons.

I know that there have been a lot of feature requests posted in the comments section. I’ll do my best to implement them. However, it might be a while until the next update. I hope to spend some effort on a new DS project that should be really cool. Next update will probably be volume control for swatches.

so it became even greater
smile.gif
i love this app! so much fun making wacky music
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users