Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

D

Deleted User

yea it could be on your setup because i suppose everyone is getitng different results as of mine the eject fix worked for, ghost buster which i have you need rev13a, i have neogamma r4 rc4 i dont think the settings even matter, just use what ever you want i used default and my own setings that included 480p, you luanch the game and as soon as you see the wii remote screen really QUICK PRESS EJECT like no hesitation and when it asks for the disc just pop it back in and it should go straight to the game.
this worked for me and it could help others i just dont like the fact that you need to eject the disk and pop it back lol its STUPID

gtr1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you need to install or change anything until they find a real fix....If you can already play games with 002 error ie; Tiger Woods, Punch out...then your set to go. Just do the following eject trick at the right time and your good.

walmartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys just thought i would pop back in and leave some notes i have been working to figure out why this game doesnt load properly and it looks like the drive of the wii is calling on the disc for some type of a secondary boot method that would be why all the people that are running it from usb hard drive or from sd are not having problems because no actual disc is being inserted into the wii at that time however is ninty playing games with the new software this might be quite a problem in the near future for us but for now use the eject trick at the boot strap screen is the way to go and once i have an idea of what the hell is going on i will update my post till then happy gaming!

shamsham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys-

Sorry if this was asked but i didnt see anyone with my same set-up in the past 22 pages of thread...believe it or not. Anyways I really appreciae the help...

I am running a WII (NTSC/USA) v3.4 downgraded from 4.0 (cause I thought I had to). I just recently softmod my wii using twilighthack-toHBC-to HBB-installed Gator Channel v3.0, I have several titles, ...(NTSC/USA), that work great, even newer stuff like Tiger Woods 2010, MadWorld, Deadly Creatures, etc..., but could not get Indiana Jones Staff of Kings or Lumberjack or GHOSTBUSTERS and couple others... wasting the discs...lol

Also, if it helps, I use IMGBurn on 4x w/ DVD-R.

Any advice??? Please help!!!

Thanks!!

jroc838

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi people!! trying all the types of tests of how can run ghostbusters game without freezing on the wiimote warning, i`m please to announce the way of how can you play ghostbusters

my wii:
-4.0u
-Neogama R4 c2
- Cios 13a (for the most of the new games, aka "ghost busters, indiana jones and the sims racing"
i already did this test about 10 times with the same result: run ghostbusters

When you put the game, in exactly the moment when it comes white, exactly at this moment, you must eject the disc, the wii will ask you for the game, insert the game, and the screen of the wiimote warning, it will appear, then, you can push: A button, and the game it comes playable

Spanish:

despues de 10 pruebas con el mismo resultado, me complace avisar que si hay modo de jugar ghostbusters sin congelarse la pantalla del wiimote warning

corre el juego con neogamma R4C2 (creo que es ese, sin modificar ninguna opcion), cuando el juego, apenas aparezca la pantalla blanca, en ese momento, presiona "eject" en el wii, y sacara el disco, cuando lo pida, insertalo de nuevo, y aparecera de nuevo la pantalla de advertencia del wiimote, una vez hecho eto, podras presionar el boton A, y pasara la pantalla sin ningun problema

Saludos a todos, espero que les sirva esta informacion

Greetings to all, i hope that this tuto, help you with this problem.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could also try now different cIOS with NeoGamma R4, the anti 002 fix should make the game playable on other cIOS as well.

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, working withouth any problems with neogamma r4 and cios rev9. Thank you very much wiipower for your great job.

shamsham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick responses.
Thanks for being patient with me too, again I really appreciate it.
Okay so I was on rev 10 and just up'd to Rev13 (not "b"), per a previous post. I also downloaded the neogammar4rc2.wad, but that is where I am stuck. Where do I put it? I tried to put it in the apps folder on my SD..no luck...in my wad loader...no luck!
Also, I actually have a version of Backup Launcher (GAMMA v0.3. IOS 249) on my HBC (BTW how do I get this new version as it's own channel like the Gator Channel I have now?) that I got somewhere online and never knew what it was for...till now, maybe. So when I tried to load Ghostbusters it gave me a blue screen and the #002 Error. All the times before I was getting the 'dreaded green screen'
...so what next? What do you mean by anti 002 fix? how do I enable this feature? But first I need help loading the neogammar4rc2.wad PLEASE!

Thank you!

UPDATE: I figured out how to load the WAD for Neogamma and got rev_13(a) rolling and we are running nice and smooth...for now, lol!!!
BTW..I had to do the eject trick to get Ghostbusters to load, but it worked...first try!

ALL THANKS TO ZEKTOR!!!

muffinhands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all. noob here. GB is kicking my ass. i get teh green screen. i have 4.0 wii that i used bannerbomb to mod. using usb loader or coverflow and all other games are fine. dont udnerstand how to make this one work. any help would be appreciated. i did scan the previous 22 pages, but i am really lazy.

Posts merged

hey all. noob here. GB is kicking my ass. i get teh green screen. i have 4.0 wii that i used bannerbomb to mod. using usb loader or coverflow and all other games are fine. dont udnerstand how to make this one work. any help would be appreciated. i did scan the previous 22 pages, but i am really lazy.

RetroHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I have been on GBA temp for a long time but only now decided to become active.

I just want to say that this Ghostbusters problem seems a lot more complicated than it really is. Here are some bullet points to help you understand what is going on.

- Basically Ghostbusters is a 002b game as well as has the rare "strap screen freeze." Please realize that this two are not connected and you can fix one and while the other remains.

- You can patch the video on with Neogamma or whatever else you are using and it won't help the problem. This is an NTSC game and you only need to patch the video if you are on a PAL console. If you are on an NTSC Wii with an NTSC TV then there should be no need for fiddling with the configurations.

- The 002b error is completely fixable if you use certain loaders and have the correct cios (13a is the best). I only use DVD so I suggest Neogamma R4C1 or up.

- If you are getting a green screen you need to read the bullet point above this. If you still have a green screen you may have a bad burn (not likely since the game should not even be recognized in this case). There is almost no reason to get a green screen with cios 13a and neogamma.

- The strap screen freeze is because the Wii stops reading the disk. You may notice you wiimote is shut off and you can not hear the disk reading in the wii (put your ear against it and hear the difference between a working and non working game). Luckily there is a way around this.

-There is some reported success with spamming the A, home or -/+ button. I personally have never had the game load up while doing this but I assume the people on this board are not lying. It is possible that spamming the buttons at the precise moment forces the wii to try and skip the strap screen thus making it read the disc again. I personally would not bother with this fix since many people also report it working once and never again.

- The best way to get the disc to read is the eject trick. This trick has to be done EXACTLY right. Do not eject during the screen flicker before the strap screen. This seems to be too early and the game goes back to a freeze.. YOU NEED to press eject the second the screen flashes WHITE. The game is still reading at this point and has not frozen yet it recognizes it is already at the strap screen. You have done this correctly if you see the *PLease insert Ghostbusters" screen. Insert the game spam the A button and you are golden.

- The eject trick works because it forces the Wii to re-read the disc. Iif you do it too early the game still has not loaded the strap screen and it freezes. If you do it too late the Wii is already frozen and doesn't even care that the game is ejected. If you do it at the moment the "strap screen" appears RIGHT before the freeze the Wii is still working and realizes the player has already seen the strap screen. Therefore the Wii re-reads the disc to load the game NOT the strap screen.

I know this is long but you should read it to help you understand. The more we understand the faster we can fix this issue.

walmartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMMFAO! seriously im going to be a jerk and im sorry if i sound like one but do most of you guys read the damn threads in here at all? we have covered the damn eject trick and the fact that it works like 5 pages ago so this is not some new fangled thing you einsteins are sharing with us! also we know the darn wii stops reading the disc its because the damn wii is looking for or scanning the disc a second time looking for boot code! im sorry if i sound like an a-hole and believe me im not trying to be but this thread makes it hard for new people looking to find a fix if we keep adding the same post over and over again by 43 different people all im asking and im sure many here would also agree with me is that people please read the post in its entire context before posting anything it just makes things easier for everyone thank you very much and sorry if i sounded like a jerk in my rant!
rolleyes.gif

muffinhands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure where to find my cios. im using cios36 rev10. is this my problem? like i said GB is the onyl game giving me problems so fr

muffinhands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got the usb loader, no chip or nothing. running menu 4.0. i also actually bought the game ( used already!) and i have a week to get it working.

ZeroPoint1971

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like most people on this thread, I've been going nuts trying to get Ghostbusters to run. In my case, all I get is the green screen.

So I'm going to ask the obvious question that nobody on this thread seems to be asking:

Is it possible that we are all using a bad ISO file ?????????????????????????

Let's face it, we're all getting our ISO files from the same source. So if we're all using the same corrupt file, sooner or later we're all loging into forums like this one looking for a solution. People who have a good ISO file are happily playing the game and ARE NOT on this forum!

Any thoughts ?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZeroPoint1971 said:
Like most people on this thread, I've been going nuts trying to get Ghostbusters to run. In my case, all I get is the green screen.

So I'm going to ask the obvious question that nobody on this thread seems to be asking:

Is it possible that we are all using a bad ISO file ?????????????????????????

Let's face it, we're all getting our ISO files from the same source. So if we're all using the same corrupt file, sooner or later we're all loging into forums like this one looking for a solution. People who have a good ISO file are happily playing the game and ARE NOT on this forum!

Any thoughts ?
I'm 100% certain that the ISO is good, and it has everything to do with the softmods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu